1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yea I agree, but last episode kind of did it for me. Like comeon, Krillin vs super saiyan Blue? By the end of Frieza Saga SSJ Goku was around 150,000,000 while Krillin was at 20,000 (being generous). I'm not being picky, but the astronomical difference without even looking at any sort of numbers is a type of plot hole that is impossible to overlook...especially 4 sagas later where Goku and Vegeta have exponentially grown stronger to a number I can't put enough zeros behind , and while Krillin has improved somewhat.

DreamShook and Yung-T like this.
  2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Agreed, it doesn't make any sense anymore. Think you can find the powerlevels online, Krillin has powered up quite a bit and was around 5mil or something, the last time I checked.
    SSJ Blue etc is in the billions range though, so him keeping up is a huge plot hole.
    Just found the list: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:541859

So Krillin is around 7.5mil at the beginning of Golden Frieza and his peak was 21mil during Buu saga.
    SSJ God Goku is at 8,100,000,000,000,000 during Golden Frieza saga, so Krillin keeping up last episode is quite r****ded.

#2202 Yung-T, Apr 9, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  3. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

LOL. Good find...and I understand they were going for the "smarts not just strength angle" but when one individual has to just breath a bit harder to knock someone out it's too much. Gohan I can also concede because he is a straight up b**** post cell saga.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'm watching every new episode with a friend, we always sigh hard when Gohan appears on-screen. Hurts to see how they developed that character, was a total killing machine during the Cell saga and turned into a useless nerd.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

So I started watching Blood-C because I heard it was one of the more gory animes out there. 3 episodes in I'd give it about a 6/10. Saya is definitely likable & the animation is great but every episode is the same thing.... She goes to the coffee shop, then school, then fights an Elder Bairn, not to mention the episodes are only 30 minutes (weak).

Can anyone tell me if it picks up?

Also what are some gory animes with a good plot? I've already seen AOT & Hellsing (everyone's too OP in that anime, boring as ****)

7. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Dunno if you've caught up to the latest episode, but he has a chance to redeem himself.

I'm liking Super better than ball, Z and GT

*ducks for cover*

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Yeah, I'm not minding Super at the moment. The new saga seems to be pretty cool.

I don't like that Super Saiyan Blue is automatically the only relevant Super Saiyan anymore. I do like that they're trying to make the ancillary characters actually worthwhile again.

DBZ created too big of a power gap between Goku and everyone else.

In their own idiotic way, I think Super is trying to correct that. Saiyans should clearly be the strongest, but others shouldn't be completely useless as they have been.

They needed to handle power spikes differently somehow. There needed to be an incentive to fighting in SSJ-SSJ3 for a while and SSJ Blue for a while.

That's my biggest grip with the show.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Watched it, but right now the series still doesn't have a real feeling/tone to me. Where DB and DBZ had an ongoing narrative/setting, Super seems like a mix of everything and doesn't know what it wants to be.

10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Really enjoyed it.

[​IMG]

vinsensual and joesr like this.
  11. youknowme

youknowme Member

I watched this many years ago, and thought it picked up a little towards the middle/end, but pacing was too slow for my tastes.

Overall though, I would give the series as a whole a 6/10.

Obito likes this.
  12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

The baseball episode was amazing. The call back to fetal position Yamcha had me in stitches

Yung-T likes this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Dragon Ball Super's writing has gotten so bad, I have had to watch every week because I can't stand to watch more than one episode a week. I can't binge this show anymore. it's awful.

14. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

Anyone watching My hero Academia?A buddy recommended it to me. He said it's supposed to be the next big anime. Started watching the first episode. Havent finished it

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I wasn't sure about this one until about 5 episodes in. I like it a lot. It's good.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Anybody watching Re-Creators? I'm on board for now.

17. nono

nono Member

Have these last two anime seasons been terrible ? I can't find anything that interests me. Paying for CrunchyRoll and I haven't watched anything on there for a long long time.

18. joesr

joesr Member

Blood C storyline isnt all that. Berserk has a way better story but maybe not as much blood. If you dont need action then try Another(I think it is called)

Obito likes this.
  19. joesr

joesr Member

AoT and Heroes Academy. Continued season is that sports anime something Pedal and of course One Piece. Other honorable mentions are Granblue Fantasy, Berserk (different drawing style but still awesome). And if you like the comedy/romances then Eromanga Sensei and Love Tyrant

20. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

The writers of Huner x hunter need to be found, praised, and loved for making one of the best anime shows ive ever watched................................

joesr likes this.