1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm just gonna say, Konosuba season 2 is approaching GOAT comedy territory. Holy hell this show is funny.

Season 1 was really good, but season 2 has me in hysterics, particularly the episodes since Darkness came back.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

True. This Anime season is great as hell in general, so many good shows to keep up with.

3. joesr

joesr Member

I actually feel opposite. Its hella funny, yeah but it also feels different from the first season and the first season was good. Art feels dif too, idk.

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The animation is definitely of lower quality. I'm not sure if it's intentional or just being cheap, but the derpy quality only serves to make it even funnier IMO. Otherwise the show feels the same to me, only better. I didn't realize you could squeeze so much humor out of masochism, but they get me every time.

joesr likes this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Attack on Titan is back for 12 episodes. Been quite a while that I wonder if people still care...

I've been watching Onihei, which has elements of both samurai and detective genres. There's violence and implied graphic content, and the themes in each episode are pretty strong. It's a good break from typical anime.

Also strong for different reasons was Tanya the Evil. This one is a fusion of magic and historical World War 1/2. The animation is decent enough and what I like the most is how self-aware the show is. It redirects its own absurdity to the themes of war itself, and that reminds me a lot of Catch-22... plus the bang bang boom boom.

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

It lost a lot of its hype but itll pick up. I just watched the first episode and Im back into it and waiting on the 2nd episode.

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I'm heading to the Woodlands this weekend to see Your Name

DreamShook likes this.
  8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I don't know anything about manga or anime or cartoons but One Punch Man is great. Subverts expectations from this extremely tired superhero trend in movies.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It is. Season 2 should be coming out this yr.

10. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Is hunter x hunter the best anime or is it just me??? On this english dub episode 45. Feeling this shizzz

ThrillaNManilla likes this.
  11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

After the big 2 (titan and academia) im not feeling much from this season. Re creators and Alice are the only ones that look interesting.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I just finished season 1 and 2 of AJIN
    I kind of like this series

I just tried Bleach again . . . .just not getting into it

Rocket River

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's really good and one of the best shounen. In that category, DB and DBZ top it though.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Attack on Titan did just start back up

Rocket River

15. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I used to watch a lot of anime when I was younger, and now just trying to get into it again. After hunting around, I really got into Rage of Bahamut: Genesis. I was surprised how much I liked it, and despite not being into metal at all, the music and editing get me hype for the intro every time.

Anyone else into this or can recommend something similar? The new season is starting this month.

16. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Attack on Titan, Sword art online (since Rage is fantasy), Psychopass (scifi), One Punch Man (parody, just awesome all around), Akame Ga Kill, Erased, Fate Zero (the new one---fantasy)

Jmcballer88 likes this.
  17. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

DBZ is trash bro im sorry. Plot holes all around reviving characters back to life smh. Long drawn out plots that dont need to be long and drawn out.

18. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

The beauty of DBZ is it's ability to dramatize everything and draw watchers into the point they are completely invested in what is going on. There is a reason it is the most popular (behind Pokemon). It also set the stage for anime making its way to the U.S. You may think that its trash but you would be in the 0.1% of folks...

Super however, is complete trash.

Yung-T likes this.
  19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Super is quite trashy, but I like the comedy aspects, especially Beerus and Whis.

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I cannot see how the Japanese ever watched DBZ. As an american I grew up loving it, having only watched the dubs.

Super was the first time I ever tried to watch DBZ subbed, and I simply couldn't do it. Goku's voice is completely intolerable. I mean it is literally showing ruining and impossible to overlook. Even if Super were a masterpiece, I was gonna have to wait until the dub came out.