1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

OPM is great, I can't wait for 2nd season. The thing is, it's exactly what the name says...and leaves little to plot (though I think they will rectify this in S2). Mob is also genuinely funny while having a great plot that is far from predictable ---especially that stuff that just took place in e10--kudos to mikus once again for pointing it out. So yea...both great shows but Mob gets a slight edge. My buddy that got me on it said the same thing and it was hard for me to believe him until I started it a couple of days ago.

2. mikus

mikus Member

I've read ahead in the OPM manga and S2 will be interesting. I wonder what they will include...there is a little side story in the manga that occurs right after the events in S1 involving an incident at a police station that I really liked, but I don't know if they will include it.

Thanks, I just wanted to acknowledge how good Mob Pyscho had become the last few weeks, especially this last episode, which to me completely changes the tone of the early episodes. I almost feel like I need to go back and watch for any clues or foreshadowing.

On a side note, I think this is one of the most enjoyable threads on clutchfans...I've watched so many good shows based on recommendations here that I otherwise might never have looked at and it's good to have a place to talk about these shows.

Yung-T likes this.
  3. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

I absolutely hated some character animations of Mob when I started the first episode but it eventually grew on me. The fight scenes though... Wow! Madhouse did a great job adapting OPM and Bones has done equally well in adapting Mob. The creator must be very proud.

4. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Anyone like the Monogatari series? I just binged pretty much all of them plus the specials.

I will say that the style takes some getting used to, and when you binge the show you can sort of get tired of it. I could see some people hating this show and others loving it.

The Kizumonogatari movie part 1 was decent too.

I've never in my life gone to a theater for an anime, but thinking of going to see part 2 in October.

5. joesr

joesr Member

Funny upu mention this. Just started this series, Im on Nisemonogatari now, i think that is the last? Is there 3 movies?

6. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

They are currently releasing a trilogy that explains the origins of the main character and the blonde vampire "girl". First one is already able to be streamed, second one comes out in October to theaters...DVD and streaming later.

There are a bunch of specials and small seasons, so you have more to watch. You can stream them if you know where to look on the internets.

From Reddit if helpful:

Airing Order: The Order You Should Watch It In
    The airing order of the show is also the recommended watch order of the show. If you intend to watch the show, watch it in this order.
    Bakemonogatari (Monstory, Ghostory) is the first part of the first season and covers the first two novels, Bakemonogatari volume 1 and volume 2. It contains the the stories Hitagi Crab, Mayoi Snail, Suruga Monkey, Nadeko Snake and Tsubasa Cat. It is 15 episodes long and contains 5 arcs.
    Nisemonogatari (Fake Story, Impostory) is the second part of the first season and covers the fourth and fifth novels named Nisemonogatari volume 1 and volume 2. Nisemonogatari contains the stories Karen Bee and Tsukihi Phoenix. It is 11 episodes long with 2 arcs.
    Nekomonogatari:Kuro (Cat Story: Black) is the sixth novel in the series, and is volume 1 of Nekomonogatari. It contains the prequel story Tsubasa Family. It is part of the first season and was a 4 episode special. It is only one arc.
    Monogatari Series Second Season, is the second season of the show. It covers novels seven through twelve, excluding Hanamonogatari, the ninth novel. It is 26 episodes long with 5 arcs and 3 recap episodes. The novels that are covered are (in order of appearance):
    Nekomonogatari:Shiro (Cat Story: White), the second volume of Nekomonogatari, containing the story Tsubasa Tiger. Novel 7
    Kabukimonogatari (Slope Story) containing the story Mayoi Jiangshi. Novel 8.
    Otorimonogatari (Decoy Story) containing the story Nadeko Medusa. Novel 10.
    Onimonogatari (Demon Story) containing the story Shinobu Time. Novel 11.
    Koimonogatari (Love Story) containing the story Hitagi End. Novel 12.
    Hanamonogatari (Flower Story) is a portion of the second season of the show, Monogatari Series Second Season. It contains novel 9, with the story Suruga Devil. It is 5 episodes long and contains 1 arc.
    Tsukimonogatari (Possession Story) is the start of the third season of the show which is called (as a whole) Monogatari Series Final Season. It is the 13th novel, with the story Yotsugi Doll. It is 4 episodes long and contains 1 arc.
    To Be Released:
    Kizumonogatari (Scar Story, Damaged Goods Story), is a yet to be released movie and the third released novel. It contains the prequel story Koyomi Vamp. It is unknown when the movie is set to be released, though it was originally intended to be released before Nisemonogatari. It is considered as a part of the first season.

7. joesr

joesr Member

Just watched the first episode of New Game. Didnt really catch my interest tho and from ratings it has been dropping as the episodes advance. Many other takes on this one? Twin Star Exorcist has been loosing my interest too but it should be near the end so I will stick with it.

8. nono

nono Member

CrunchyRoll is now streaming the first season of Psycho-Pass.

9. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

It was an emotional rollercoaster and cliffhanger heaven, but i will sincerely miss you.

[​IMG]

P.S. Can't remember what happen to rem the last 3 or so episodes. Was she healing after the white whale fight? I can't seem to remember what happen to her.

10. mikus

mikus Member

A great show if anyone hasn't seen it. A setting similar to Minority Report.

11. joesr

joesr Member

Been putting off Orange for awhile now but since I am caught up with almost everything this season decided to give it a try.

I need some damn tissues. Does a really good job to hook you in the beginning.

12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Rem was a bit fatigued after the white whale fight and wanted to go with Subaru but he told her to go with the others and her fighting was done for now. That's a down a$$ chick mayne.
    Loved the ending and the fight with Julius it was all so cool. And yes it was a cliffhanger ending but they got a lot of stuff resolved and I feel pretty satisfied with it. Def hope there will be a season two because this has become one of my top ten anime of all time now and I truly wish it to continue. Also I would have been legitimately pissed if his dragon Patrische(sp?) had died, lol

Yeah Orange has been good. I could see it going with the sad ending after it seemed like everything was going so good.

Also can't wait for that season finale of Mob. Ol boy is about to wreck some ish

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I would reset if the dragon died.

From those comments section where I streamed, it'll probably be a year and a half before another season is released, if they're going to have another's one. There's a web novel that the light novel feeds from, so 2 chapters every three months is the expected pace.

14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I know they tried to wrap things up, but I was a little underwhelmed at the ReZero finale. There were a lot of things left unfinished.

15. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

Just checked out Kimi no Na wa because I saw that it's ranked number 1 right now on myanimelist.net. I don't know if it deserves that spot, but it's a really good movie. I highly recommend watching this movie.

RocketsRed14 and Junkyard_Dog like this.
  16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm trying to hold out on watching it. The movie is doing massive numbers in Japan (numbers reserved strictly for Pokemon and Miyazaki films). I'm hoping it comes to Sundance or River Oaks so I can watch it on the big screen.

17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Liked it a lot. Never heard of it before thanks for letting us know

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Black Lagoon if nobody has watched it. Extremely well adapted towards an american audience (dub)

19. VanityHalfBlack

Now the Ghost in the Shell stuff, those are stand alone movies right? Stand alone complex is the only series out so far, correct?

20. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

I been wanting to see this! Where did you watch it? I need subs or theatre showings