1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Angels and Airwaves

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Molotov Cocktail, Jun 11, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Molotov Cocktail

Molotov Cocktail Contributing Member

Has anybody else heard of this band? It's Tom DeLonge from Blink 182 along with three new people.

This is one of the best cd's I've bought this year; I can't stop listening to it right now. It's not anything like Blink; much more grown up. The only similar sound is Tom's voice.

Definitely worth checking out.

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

i heard it sucked ass.

ive only heard one song on the radio, but didnt bother to listen to it.

3. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

The music its self is good, more complex than most pop musicbut Tom DeLonge really isn't the right singer for the group. He sounds too kidish with his punky voice, it just doesnt mesh well with the atmospheric vibe of the music. The lead singer should have a voice similar to that of bands like Sunny Day Real Estate, Appleseed Cast, or maybe Mineral. Voices that in themselves are atmospheric.

Also the way Tom keeps telling everyone how his music is revolutionary is screaming egomaniac.

That being said, I still have enjoyed some of the songs on the album. Reminds me of boxcar racer.

4. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

The more and more I see things about Blink 182, the more I think Tom is the reason for the band breaking up. Travis and Mark were each other's best man and now are business partners. I might be completely incorrect on this but this is the way I see it. Unless the band just thought they couldn't go any further and decided to dissolve.

5. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Haven't heard the album yet, but I absolutely love "The Adventure", really really good stuff. btw, the dude from the buzz said this about the album, "seems like Tom Delonge made one melody and created 12 songs out of it". I did enjoy Boxcar Racer, so who knows, I'll give this a listen.

6. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

All you had to say was Blink-182.

aLbum oF tHe YeAr!!!!!!!!!!!!1