1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Android]So how much did Google Now say that you walked/biked the past month?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by fchowd0311, Mar 1, 2014.

Tags:
  1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

(Larger img)
    [​IMG]
    I love how Google Now gives you a summary of the amount you walked and biked the past month at the begenning of every month. It's a good way to see if you live an active or sedentary lifestyle. It's surprisingly accurate for me at least. All I can say after seeing this card is that my classes are way too far away.

2. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I don't take my phone to the gym so it's a silly feature for someone like me. Also I don't cycle with my phone so I have no idea how it determined I did 4 miles on a bike?

I preordered the garmin vivofit after being underwhelmed with the fitbit force. I'm hoping a device that notifies me to get up after sitting for so long will be more useful.

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

don't want Google to know my location.

4. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I don't understand this at all. Why would you need a device to tell you how much you've moved around? Like what benefit would having that information bring to you?

And then why would you need a gadget to tell you to get up after you've been sitting for a long time? :confused:

5. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Pfffttt....I got me one of these:
    [​IMG]

6. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I know, I always make it a point to sign out of google as much as possible. But then I found that Facebook has my location wherever I go, so I'm not sure if it's at all possible to escape how much data these websites have on us.

7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

15 miles for me, compared to 19 miles from Jan

I don't walk around much, so I assume its when I'm parked from my car to the Toyota Center walks is what it accumulates

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

how do you check this?

9. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

its on your Google Now screen if you have it setup along with GPS enabled, it only shows up the first day of the month, so I'm pretty sure its not going to be displayed today