1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrew Wiggins Vs. Jabari Parker

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by SK34, Nov 11, 2013.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yup. I didn't even think about the shot clock. That's always been an issue, but since it's been around I've kinda just learned to accept it.

With the way they're calling fouls this year it's gotta go to at least 6 fouls per player.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL I mean if you have unrealistic expectations then sure. But if go on realism...then no it's not. Wiggins barely played in the first half and he's still putting up 20+ points 10 boards on a team like Duke? He's doing just fine.

3. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Exactly. LeBron was clearly the best player on the court in his first NBA game... is it wrong to expect the same of Wiggins at the college level?

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

8 of Wiggins points came off easy dunks in transition.

I am impressed with all the hype he has yet to force the action. He is lettign the game come to him and still getting his.

5. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

And don't get me wrong, I think he's gonna be good, but just didn't seem to have that superstar 'it' thing. First time I saw Durant in college, I was blown away.

6. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Wiggins reminds me of of clyde drexler

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

You can't really show your "individual" skills at the college level, which emphasize more team play. I'm sure Wiggins can easily put up 25-30 points per game easily against college competition. Hell any of the hyped rookies can.

But Wiggins should use this year to really improve his shooting.

8. Mr. Space City

9. t_mac1

He has the skills to be a superstar. Look at a guy like Paul George.

Height, length, athleticism, ballhandling, playmaking, create own shot... If he keeps his head on straight and work hard, the sky is the limit. He's no Lebron though.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not only this...but also on Bell Self's team. It's not John Callipari freelance ball. It's a bunch of organized high-low looks. That's kind of the reason I was shocked Wiggins signed with Kansas because he's never get to showcase himself like he would elsewhere.

Only question mark with Wiggins is his shooting thus far.

11. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

And parker grant hill

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

Word Durant was something to see in College.

Michael Beasley had that too in College and well that didn't turn out well :(

13. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Turning into the soft NBA.

14. t_mac1

Parker looks awesome tonight too. Very very skilled already. Looks like a Melo/Durant who dominated college right out of the gate.

But every hyped rookie looked great tonight. Man, NBA is going to be fun once these guys blossom and reach their potential.

15. Nawad70

Nawad70 Member

YOU CRAY CRAY!!!

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Julius Randle is a beast. He looked better tonight than what I saw of him in high school. He's a Player of the Year candidate. He physically dominated an experienced, Michigan State team.

Jabari Parker is skilled, well-schooled, athletic and plays like a 4-year senior instead of a freshmen. Should take fewer contested jumpers and use his body to attack more instead.

Andrew Wiggins is still "getting his legs". Would have had 30 points if it weren't for foul trouble. More than Parker or Randle, I expect him to improve over the course of the season. Think of what happened with Derrick Rose at Memphis.

Right now, I'd rank Parker & Randle in a tie at #1. They are both ahead of Wiggins.

1 person likes this.
  17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

This is exactly what I was about to say. I first saw Durant when he led a comeback over Baylor in Austin.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=270270251

A man amongst boys, the dude was incredible. You didn't need anyone to tell you he had elite talent.

Start watching from 1:45, you'll see what I mean:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/M4Cr7lKliTY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Nawad70

Nawad70 Member

I think Jabari Parker will be a better Nba player, TEAM PLAYER- No Iso.

19. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Why do you think Wiggins is ranked higher than Jabari Parker in terms of draft position and coming out of high school? I feel like they both are going to be great players but Wiggins has a much higher ceiling. I think the more NBA ready player right now is Parker. Wiggins needs to put on some weight to that frame of his for sure. He can't guard guys like Parker or Lebron cause they have 30 to 60 pounds on him. Not that anyone can actually shut those guys down but they would dominate him one on one, just because of that size difference. Once he does though I think he will be a super star. He looks like he could be unstoppable in transition and is more of a facilitator like Lebron. He needs to work on his shot and be more aggressive throughout the game. I felt like he took more of a back seat in the first half. In the second half I think Self told him you have to be more aggressive and attack minded and even actually drew up some plays specifically for him.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member