1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrew Luck out 2-6 with abdominal injury

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by joeson332, Nov 10, 2015.

1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andrew Luck: partial tear of an ab muscle and a laceration in 1 kidney. Out 2-6 weeks, per team.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/664173096199286784">November 10, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[​IMG]

There still is hope...

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Was just about to start this thread and title it: [Report] Texans to win AFC South and earn playoff birth

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

LULZ.
    It's still the Texans............................

4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

So I guess the division is wide open for the Jags to win it?

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If it's 2 weeks he misses only the Falcons game, they have a bye coming up. If it's 6 weeks MAYBE the Texans can win the division but I still doubt it we aren't going to win any games unless it's the jags and titans.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

It's not like the Colts were a train-wreck with hasselbeck. They are still going to contend.

7. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Marcus "Marrioto" might fk around and lead the Titans to the playoffs AT HOME!

8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I think we have 4 losses for sure out of the remaining 8. I'm still sticking to my 5-6 max wins we will have this year.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The lacerated kidney will likely keep him out longer than the muscle.... mainly since its a rest/recover type issue that needs to be fully resolved before he's cleared to take hits again.

All this being said, given the amount of punishment Luck has taken in his short career thus far (and finally now missing games because of it)... it wouldn't surprise me if he's got some lingering health issues (or even worse, long-term health issues) for the rest of his career.

As "slow" as Brady and Manning are... they're also experts at avoiding the big hit. That, in and of itself, is a more elusive/valuable skill than simply being fast (which all players lose eventually anyways).

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

It hurts because it's true. :(

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Is it mathematically possible for no one to win this division?

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

We lost. To Matt Hasselbeck. At Home. With the flu.

13. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

6-10 wins the division?

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's embarrassing we're talking playoffs now. I get that it's possible now, but it's just... really embarrassing.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Well someone gotta "win" the division, even it means 5-11. :grin:

#15 J.R., Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

That would be something to see. This falls into what I've been saying all along even before Luck's injury - that this division is so bad the Texans still have a legit shot at making the playoffs. AND, if they do, then what should be done with Smith and BoB? Do we still fire a head coach and GM who just got us to the playoffs?

17. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Why would this be embarrassing? They would have made the playoffs. I thought that's what everyone here wanted or so I've been led to believe. After everything that's happened this season, making the playoffs - even if it's for one game - would be something solid upon which to build for the future. plus, long suffering Houston football fans would get to host a much needed playoff game. And the icing on the cake is that the Cows will be sitting at home. No that's got to make everyone happy.

#17 HillBoy, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

See, reading this, it's embarrassing. We're terrible and we're calling out Dallas, now? With all their injuries? I'm not gloating about this ****. Y'all can. I'm not.

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Its like God wants the Texans to be relevant for atleast ONE season...lol. That being said...this is the schedule for the Colts for the next 4 weeks

1. Bye - No practice and tons of time to heal quickly.
    2. Falcons - coming off two bad loses without high scores, the Colts might be in trouble.
    3. Bucs - two of the 3 wins have been in Indoor stadiums - against the falcons and Saints...They play the Cowboys at home and go on the road for the Eagles...Before playing the Colts at Indy
    4. Steelers - Expect Big Ben and Andrew Luck to play against each other this week...Evening game.

Bad news...NO divisional games AND have the bye week now...

Good news...well there is none. Hope they find ways to stink it up...

My guess...the Texans do things right and get blown out by Cincy, and we can officially start tanking, and perhaps clean house completely at the end of the season.

20. Major

Major Member

Making the playoffs is an external event - it depends on factors out of your control, like how good or bad other teams are. Judging a coach and GM based on that is terrible management, though probably fairly typical of the Texans. You judge them on their performance - if they go 6-10 and make the playoffs, that's not better than going 10-6 and not making the playoffs.

If they were going to be fired for going 6-10 and not making the playoffs, they should still be fired for going 6-10 and making it. And vice-versa at 10-6 and keeping a coach.