1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrew Bynum

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by clippy, Mar 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Bynum is not a dirty player. He's just dumb.
    Every time he's not happy with refs' call. He attempted something stupid. He's in that mentality if that's not a foul, I'll do it too. But he doesn't know how to control his body and he's caught every time.

2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Kobe's not a selfish gunner, he just has an affinity for chucking up shots.

Derek Fisher isn't a flopper, he just exhibits remarkably poor body control whenever there's contact.

Lamar Odom didn't marry the ugliest Kardashian sister, he chose the one with the best personality.

Sasha Vujacic... No, no he's too easy.

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

3rd violation of this type should be some sort of half season suspension. Only the worst kind of people would try to defend his actions. Oh wait they're lakers fans.

4. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

I agree. It didn't appear to be a malicious act; merely a poorly/not thought-out manifestation of his petulance.

I agree with the punishment because what he did has no place in basketball and he needs to grow the f* up before he injures someone. Yet, I still don't think he was maliciously trying to injure Beasley.

5. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I find it extremely hard to believe that someone who's played professional basketball for six years wouldn't immediately be aware of how dangerous such a play can be. What could one possibly think would happen?

He knew what he was doing. He did it because he was pissed off. That's no excuse.

6. Prince

Prince Member

and he can't control his facial expression too huh? :rolleyes:

7. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Ok, so AB suspended one game for throwing the ball to the official 1 game suspension (and didnt look that bad) bynum injuring beasley with an elbow only 2 games?? :confused:

8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

But...but.. according to dharocks, the Bynum play was so bad that not even Jerry Sloan would condone such a play.
    No way the above video is real. The great Jerry Sloan would never be cool with Karl Malone elbowing an opponent in such a fashion. No way no how!:rolleyes:

9. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Member

I have held a strong dislike of Bynum for about two years now. He has been my most hated player on my most hated team ever since I watched him unable to form a single coherent sentence in an interview, only able to mumble to himself. After watching the Wallace and Beasley video, my hate has risen to new heights. The Beasley one was absolutely sickening and heart-wrenching and I don't give a d*mn about the Timberwolves. Watching that happen to a Rocket like Kyle Lowry or Courtney Lee would be like Manu Ginobili breaking Aaron Brooks' ankle and Yao's season-ending injury combined times ten. I hope Bynum gets suspended for at least a month and to tell you the truth, I feel disgust at the Timberwolves for not sticking up for Beasley and getting in Bynum's face.

10. edwardc

edwardc Member

What a total douchebag he should be thrown out of the league .

11. clippy

clippy Member

Yeah, he got two games. Goes to show you the lengths will go to protect their golden goose franchise. Except some high comedy reffing when they try to figure out how to get their boys past the Spurs this year.

12. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I'd negative rep you if I could. Your "shot selection is pretty spotty."

13. Steve_Francis_rules

I don't think the reffing will even be that entertaining. I expect in a key game (5 or 7), Manu will get called for two offensive fouls within the first three minutes of the game. If that isn't enough to give the Lakers the W, they'll be sent to the free throw line 20+ times in the fourth quarter.

14. edwardc

edwardc Member

They gave him two game come on thats a slap on the wrist.

15. edwardc

edwardc Member

had Thomas not tucked to ball to try fake the shot malone would have blocked it not thomas's face.

16. red_alertz

red_alertz Member

two games is excessive, one game is arguable

17. Steve_Francis_rules

Your idiocy is excessive and inarguable.

1 person likes this.
  18. Prince

Prince Member

your ignorance is excessive.

19. red_alertz

red_alertz Member

yes bynum hit beasily while he's in the air, but the way beasily fell made it appear a lot worse, if beasily didn't fell so awkwardly, would there still be a two game suspension? would bynum be expelled from the league forever if this happened to a small pg? if bynum did this to shaq, nothing would've happened, just a regular foul, not even a flagrant

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I smell a troll.