1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrew Bynum

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, May 5, 2009.

1. tommyz2kool

tommyz2kool Member

First of all, Bynum was 17yo when he was drafted. So right there that's a lot of risk to take, especially for a top 10 pick, at any position. Second, previous prep to pro centers that have been drafted before Bynum haven't done all that great - Jermaine Oneal, Tyson Chandler, DeSagna Diop, and of course Kwame Brown.

2. mazyar

mazyar Member

Don't forget Eddie Curry. JOneal turned out pretty good though.

3. tommyz2kool

tommyz2kool Member

You're right. Oneal was drafted 17th, and considering his position, he's been pretty good (statistically) for most of his career.

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I am not saying Bynum is a scrub, but he won't be worth 13 mil.

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

agree with bynum with the lack of big men he will be always overvalued and over payed per his production.

offensively he is much more refined than howard already but he lacks defensively and other aspects. while he is big and athletic certainly not as athletic as howard i actually feel his athleticism is not as high as some people make it out to be especially after his two knee injuries.

the only thing i find suspect is his focus the lakers want/need him to be that defensive force in the middle, snatch rebounds and block shots primarily and bynum wants to have a much larger role in the offense. i dont think this will ever happen with gasol there who is by far the better offensive player. i think eventually this will not work out for bynum and he will not be happy having to wait his time.