1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrew Bynum

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, May 5, 2009.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

With all his knee injuries I expect him to jump like he is 35 by the time he turns 25. He is young and HAD a huge upside but this many knee injuries this early in his career could very well be a sign of things to come.

He also seems mentally frail. I know he was not at full strength in this series but he was still 7 feet tall and could have destroyed the Rockets once Yao went down and he didn't.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

DH is already 23-24 years old, Bynum is only 20 or 21, of course he's gonna look silly. How smooth did DH look at 21? Look at him right now, at his age he's supposed to only be entering the year as a sophomore. Are you saying you won't take that kind of production from a sophomore? In this watered-down big man league right now he's a steal. Give him a season or two at full health and he'll start dominating the league.

3. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Friend of mine (Orlando fan FWIW) put it out there that we should send Yao to the Lakers for Ariza and Bynum.

Anyone do?

Not I said the fly.

4. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

I think the Lakers would do it, but the Rockets won't.

5. tommyz2kool

tommyz2kool Member

After 3 years in the league the only low post move that Howard has is that ugly hook shot. Bynum today is far more technically advanced than Howard. By the time he's Howard's age today, he'll be scoring just as many points as Howard, but his rebounding will be lower since Howard's are inflated to begin with.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

Everytime Bynum shows his potential he gets hurt and is back to step 1.

Has to be frustrating for him and the organization, good thing they have Kobe and Gasol.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He was leading the league in rebounding and carrying his team to the playoffs. If people thought Andrew Bynum would be a great player he would have been drafted much higher. Just as an example Kwame brown and the canyman went no.1.

He might turn out to be a good player, but paying the guy 13 mil that seems like a lot.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek: Watch BYNUM setting high-post picks for the guards. It's always with the elbow on their backs, and if he's too far away, he nails the opposing player right on their kidney/ribcage area with his huge elbows.

WATCH FOR THIS against the Nuggets. He did it the entire series against the Rockets and the refs "never saw it." :mad:

9. tommyz2kool

tommyz2kool Member

What's your point? Kwame Brown is a bust. #1 draft picks rarely live up to their expectations. Jordan wasn't the #1 pick. Kobe Bryant was the 13th pick. Lebron is the only #1 pick in recent history that's truly lived up to expectation.

10. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

he hasn't played with the same intensity since he got paid. Same thing with Vujacic.

11. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

Bynum was their Cato signing.

He doesn't have the motivation or drive to become a top big man. I mean, his "good games", he was just doing was Carl Landry normally does, yet was given so much credit.

12. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Um, Dwight Howard? Yao Ming?

13. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I'd like to add Derrick Rose.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Your post does not makes sense. First you say if people thought he would be a great player he would be drafter much higher, then you give examples of number 1 players who are busts. Are you arguing with yourself? :confused:

15. tommyz2kool

tommyz2kool Member

Dwight Howard is overrated. His low post game consists of that ugly hook shot and his rebounding numbers are inflated.

Yao Ming hasn't lived up to expectation. His scoring and rebounding numbers should be higher.

16. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

How can Dwight's rebounding numbers be inflated? How can someone who is averaging 19 points and 16 rebounds 2.8 blocks in the playoffs be overrated? For someone that people say has no offensive game, he is putting up very decent numbers.

17. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

i dont think so, oden has not talent, he can just dunk and thats about all ive seen from him yet.

18. tofu--

tofu-- Member

this. dwight howard goes after the ball and has a great knack for getting into position. he earns his rebounds.

although i think his offensive game needs a lot of work after watching some of his really bad shots in the boston series lol

19. tommyz2kool

tommyz2kool Member

Howard gets a lot of rebounds because everyone else on his team is shooting 3 pointers. He's the only player on his team with double digit rebounds. No one else is even close.

Furthermore, because the league has so few true centers, Howard uses his brute force to overpower them. Anytime he has to go against a quality center he gets owned. Yao has destroyed Howard every single time they've played. Even 50yo Shaq can contain howard.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

My point is with big man, people are more willing to take a risk and in this case of bynum, he was only a number 10 pick.