1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrew Bynum - not interested in Magic, could be interested in Houston in 2013?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jul 8, 2012.

1. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

2. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Dwight's not an injury risk with his back? You're saying a potential franchise centerpiece isn't worth all these middle of the road players we have on our roster?

3. Balakoth

Balakoth Member

Seemed to do ok in a shortened season. Not to mention 60 games, 35.7 mpg, 18.7 ppg, 11.8 rpg, 1.4 apg, 1.9 bpg, .558 FG%, .200 3P%

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Hehehehehehehe,

Bynum may be dumb, but his agent isn't. He's basically snafuing any trade to Orlando by bringing this out. Why would he want to go to Orlando anyways and be the whipping post for a lottery team? He's exercising his leverage to stay in LA. I think it's funny. It's what I've been saying all along regarding Orlando trading for Bynum. They've got the same problem they've got with Dwight unless he agrees to an extension before the trade. And Bynum has no reason to do that. Let's see here.....stay in LA, receive passes from Nash for throw downs or go to Orlando ad play with a bunch of kids for the next 5 years, getting beat up and triple-teamed. What would you choose?

I think the Laker deal has been smoke and mirrors all along. I think Henningan and Orlando has been attempting to use the threat of the Lakers to raise the offers for Dwight. In my opinion, the only real threat to Dwight coming to Houston right now is the Clippers. And they don't seem to be coming to the table.

5. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

so you guys actually think Jim Buss will let go of his young all star center? i mean come on guys. i know were excited that an all star is actually interested in coming here for once, but bynum is the only person on the lakers that has a bright future, and Buss will not let go of him.

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Would you eat the contracts of Richardson and Ron Ron in addition to giving up young talent, if that is what it takes for Bynum?

If there is a three way, dumping salaries will be a big part of it and Houston has the space available.

7. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. rocketsmetalspd

I do see why not. The team would have a C that wants to be here and not complain all season long. Get it done Morey.

9. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

With Andrew Bynum being an unrestricted free agent in 2013, I say we save our assets and put emphasis on developing Donatas Motiejunas, Royce White and Jeremy Lamb. We're going to need them to help sell Houston to Andrew Bynum next summer.

A core of Andrew Bynum, Donatas Motiejunas, Royce White and Jeremy Lamb has the talent to be something special.

10. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Heck yes! Bring bynum to houston!
    Brooks
    Lee
    Parsons
    Scola
    Bynum. Go morey!

11. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I feel like bumping the threads where everyone was wishing injury on him, calling him names, and saying they never want a dirty player like that on the rockets.

12. rocketsmetalspd

He would do it if DH agrees to an extension before the trade is done. I am sure his dad would make him do it if that is the case.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Why does he want to come to Houston?

Not complaining, just asking. I know why he doesn't like LA that much. I understand generally why he isn't interested in Orlando. Just curious about what sparks his interest about Houston.

14. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

We can give him a huge contract

15. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Possibly because we are one of few teams that have the cap space to offer him a Maximum Contract.

16. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

well that's a surprise..a player wanting houston and someone like andrew bynum''s potential i like it get ir done morey

17. wakkoman05

wakkoman05 Member

Three way trade with Orlando and LA. Get er done!

18. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Ummmm who is our SG next season?

19. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Because we can make him our #1 option? IDK really, like Jopat said this might just be a ploy to keep him out of Orlando.

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Bring it on. I don't want Bynum. As soon as he gets his next contract, he's going to turn mediocre. He lacks explosion and athleticism. He's slow. And he lacks drive to be great. Not to mention, he's injury-prone and more likely than not is going to develop career ending disabilities regarding his legs/knees ala Yao. Don't want. Don't want. Don't want. Let the Lakers pay him $90-$100 mil over the next 5 years for mediocrity. Gimme Dwight.