1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrew Bogut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sirjesse, Feb 23, 2017.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Defensive win shares means very little. He's playing a lot of minutes on a middle of the pack defensive team. It says almost nothing thing about how he is contributing to the defense.

I would say he is the main culprit in our defensive breakdowns overall, from what I've seen. Though admittedly, I have missed many games this year.

2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Actually he has been one of the more solid ones, especially when defending in the post one on one. He has been sticking to his opponent much more than last season and switching well. You need to watch more because he has improved on that area of the floor. our defence break downs far more when Beverley can't stay in front of the point guard who drives and that happens often. Capela has talent to be a top notch defender, but teams are just getting him lost in the pick and roll and it opens up the post

DonKnock likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't think either of the posts before me are entirely accurate.

He has gotten better on defense, but that has been coupled with regression elsewhere which actually makes his problems more significant. Yes there are few possessions where he just Ole's his man into the paint, but there's also less support in the paint when he does let the guy blow by so it still results in bad outcomes. We don't have good paint defense and our perimeter defense has regressed despite James paying more attention. So when he does make mistakes or loses focus, they still kill us.

He's still not "good" on defense.

mikol13 likes this.
  4. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Do we not remember the CJ Miles 3 from the corner, in the last minute of the game? Harden simply forgot his assignment, om an inbounds play. That was very disheartening

RESINator likes this.
  5. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I wouldn't say forget assignment, I think he just ball watched to hard. Thats always been an issue with him.

Os Trigonum and justtxyank like this.
  6. RESINator

RESINator Member

Andrew Bogut would be an instant upgrade to our interior defense and rebounding woes

7. Rox11

Rox11 Member

We need this tool

8. tc0330

tc0330 Member

This hoe bag of a center doesn't even wanna play for us. F*** him, we don't need him, I don't want him.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Ariza had lost contact with Paul George going towards the rim. Harden began to rotate to stop the drive then George kicked the ball out.

Would you rather Harden have let George have a free run to the hoop?

Os Trigonum, Stormy1234 and jae713 like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol harden was not rotating to george. not even close to his intention. he was stuck in horrible position basically guarding no one and not within reach to contest anything. harden got caught ball watching, it's as simple as that. no need to make excuses for that because there are none. Free run to the hoop? George caught the ball going away from the basket, there wasn't a free run to the hoop

justtxyank likes this.
  12. basketballholic

Defending the post accounts for a very small part of our defensive play. Tiny fraction.

13. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Watch the play again, George was coming off a screen heading towards the baseline.

Maybe the hoop is in a different place where you play, but where I play, the hoop is on the baseline:rolleyes:

Os Trigonum likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

ive seen the play plenty of times. TNT even highlighted the mistake in slow motion for anyone who didn't understand what happened in real time. harden is in absolute horrible position. you're talking about heading towards, where did he catch the ball like i said. going away from the basket. If harden is trying to rotate towards george like you want to believe then it was a pathetic attempt. harden isn't even in front of him to stop him. ariza already recovered to cut off PG for the "free run to the basket"

Fuzzybear likes this.
  15. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Point of information.. does he have to sign by March 1st to play in the playoffs or just had to be bought out by then?

16. finsraider

finsraider Member

He has to be waived by then.

DonKnock likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Sieve" is putting it a bit too strongly as other posters have said. But he certainly springs leaks now and then, that play in the last minute last night is a great example. :(

DonKnock likes this.
  18. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

He has to be bought by March 1st, if he's bought out March 2nd he is ineligible to play for any playoff team. If he is bought out by March 1st he can take as much time to sign with any team.

DonKnock likes this.
  19. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

he's 99.9% signing with Cavs... let it go folks

20. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

If I was Bogut I would be looking for my next contract. Anybody willing to lock me up would have to secure my future with a good contract just Incase I get hurt.