1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrew Bogut chose Dallas over Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 13, 2016.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It will be hilarious when he gets called for them this season. He'll be like, "I do this all the time" and the refs will say, "wrong jersey"

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

It really sucks to be dissed by a guy that averages 5.4 ppg. He could have made us a contender. I mean, we could have really used those 7 boards a game. Harden didn't even come close to that last year. I mean, 6.1 rebounds just isn't cutting it in a 7 rebound league. So what if he's our PG! He should be more like Bogut.

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I would have been good getting Bogut. Yes he's a dirty a-hole, but I think you need guys like that on your team. He would have brought an edge that the Rockets lack.

How do you think people other than Rockets fans looked at Mad Max? Obviously Max was our tough guy, our edge and we loved him for it.

Yes, different time, different era, i'm looking at this on a purely basketball standpoint. A healthy Bogut would have helped this team.

4. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

The entire time I watched the Warriors last season, I thought, "If only they could dump Bogut and Barnes."

I find it hilarious that the same team took both of them.

5. hvic

hvic Member

Cuban is desperate

6. malakas

malakas Member

When was Harden's extension agreed on? Before or after Bogut went to Dallas?
    I think that Morey had a deal to shed salary already prepared and would extend Harden regardless.

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

So glad that scumbag won't be winning **** the next few years.

8. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

No real diss. It's the smart move for Bogut.

Capel is here and he has potential. The last thing Bogut would want to do is come here and take the chance of Capela improving and Bogut being a relagated to a backup. That's not what an aging player wants to do in his contract year.

Bogut has no competition with the Mavs so he gets every opportunity to showcase himself for a new deal next season.

9. MONON

MONON Member

As someone else has already mentioned; Bogut would have been another Terry, hated him there - loved him here. I also understand why he chose the Mavs over the Rockets with the 5 position situation, coaching style & Barnes.

I would have welcomed him, but don't feel slighted because he choose the Mavs.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dang, even Bogut doesn't want to play in Houston.

DD

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

If Andrew Bogut doesn't want to play for us because of Harden, that's a plus in my book. I'd never want to see that fool in Rockets red.
    <BR>

12. mightybosstone

I agree that Bogut would have been a nice get. But it probably would have just been for the one year, and he's not significantly younger than Nene. He's 31, but when you consider all the games he's played and the mileage on those legs, it's an older 31. The guy only played 21 minutes a game last season.

13. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I didn't really want Anderson on this team but welcome him now that he's here. I hated Terry but only because I hate everything Mavericks and I didn't have anything against him personally.

But Bogut, I don't think I would have ever been ok with him in a rockets uni. The guy is straight dirty and not nearly good enough to over look his antics. I would have been torn every game wanting to see the team win with bogut somehow getting punched in the face at the same time. That's just me....I know some people are more ok with him than me.

14. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

FTFY...

15. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Either all these people are butt hurt or truly don't realize bogut is one of the best defensive centers in the NBA.

16. Raven

Raven Member

So was the Rockets with Anderson. So was Memphis with Parsons. So was Chicago with Wade. Lots of stupid contracts being handed out, and not one of them changes who is reaching the Finals next season.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yup, pretty spot on.

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

We attracted Gordon and Anderson but not Bogut... It seems to me we are attracting the right kind of people here.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

THIS.

Now that DFish has retired, I don't know if there's anyone in the entire league I'd less want to see in a Rocket uni than Bogut.

Maybe Matt Barnes, but I'd probably appreciate Barnes' head games if we had him. There's nothing about Bogut I could ever like.
    <BR>

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Glad he went to Dallas, would have been impossible to defend the lack of integrity that man has on the court.