1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrea Yates verdict ?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DAROckets, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Timing

Timing Member

It is old but it's funny when these two guys do it. They should team up and be an act. :D

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You and Princess are better. :)

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well now MadMax...I agree with you there.

:) (is this ok for a smiley face Mrs JB?)

DaDakota

4. DaDakota

I think Major and RM95 need to go back and run that Towing company that they both work for...go get those cars boys.

:D

DaDakota

PS. I really don't know what they do.......

;)

5. Timing

Timing Member

Ya think? LOL :cool:

6. Mrs. JB

Mrs. JB Member

No, I never implied that I had given birth, I only pointed out that you hadn't and, by your logic, you were not able to accurately judge the situation.

And as far as the smilie faces, you seem to use them after you make mean-spirited or sarcastic remarks. Is that so we'll all still think you're a nice guy? :)

7. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Clutch City Contentious Couples list:

Rocketman95 and DaDakota
    treeman and glynch
    Timing and Princess
    HayesStreet and TheFreak

anyone care to add to this list?

8. DaDakota

Nope it is to let you know my mood when I am typing the remark.

As for the logic in post partum depression, I concede that I have never experienced it personally, but I have dealt with it in my immediate family.

My point is simply that almost all women get post partum depression of some kind, but they don't drown their kids.

My sole point is that she deserves the death penalty. If ever there was a case for someone to get it, she is the one.

I do not think life in prison (at our taxpayers expenxe) is appropriatly taking responsibililty for this crime.

An eye for an eye is more appropriate here.

In my opinion !!!

DaDakota

9. DaDakota

RM95 is actually a very nice guy in person. We just share different views on a lot of topics.

I don't agree with him, but at least I read his remarks.

DaDakota

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I concur with Dakota...I am a nice guy in person. ;)

So is he.

11. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I wholeheartedly agree with DaDakota. I dont care what is wrong with you, if you kill, that means your ass. If you are insane, sane, r****ded, normal, whatever. If you kill, and it is not in self defense or an accident, you should die. Plain and simple. I dont believe in second chances when it comes to murder or rape or child molestation. Those big three should mean you get the needle. I personally think the needle is too easy for them. As for Yates, she is going to get what she deserves. I think it is also funny and ridiculous how people say that they have neices and nephews and dogs and pet rocks that are their kids. You have no clue what it is to be a parent and you have no idea what you are talking about. Plain and simple. There will be a day when all of you eat DaDakota's words about how you will understand one day when you have your own kids. Reading that transscript was awful and that b**** should go to prison and she should die. Her husband is a p***y and a coward. If my wife killed any or all of my kids, she wouldnt make it to trial. If I went crazy and did it and my wife didnt kill my ass, I would wonder about her too. That thing that is her husband is not a man and I think that he almost gets off on the attention that he has recieved. I think that he and Andrea Yates are two peas in a pod and should go down together. The way he is acting is anything but remorseful.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I will be the first to say that having a son made this event much more horrific for me....i was on vacation with my wife and son when I heard this story....listening to the reports while my son was taking a nap beside me. Absolutely, having a son affects my feelings on this and other issues, like abortion. I don't know if it's entirely rational, but I don't know if it should be, either...it's a parental instinct, i think, and that, to me, is every bit as important as logic or rational thinking.

But that doesn't mean that people without kids can't have opinions of merit on the topic. It's horrific to them as well...I'm not sure the fact that these folks don't have kids is the key factor in their opinions on the topic. They're more colored by their views of capital punishment in general.

13. Samurai Jack

Samurai Jack Contributing Member

Your right on the money !

14. DaDakota

Max,

I concur.

Before I had a child I would have been more inclined to listen to those arguments, but, having become a father, and having my perspective completly altered by that experience, I am far less tolerant in my views concerning killing children.

DaDakota

15. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I do not mean that their opinions do not have any merit and when I wrote that I was pretty pissed off. As a parent you definitely look at this in a different light and it almost made me physically ill to read that transcript. The entire case is disgusting and anyone who tries to defend her just amazes me. She deserves no rights. She deserves nothing but death. I think there are too many weak stomached people. I think maybe I believe that they think that the world can always be a pretty place where we can lock criminals away for the rest of their life and the are punished adequately. I dont believe in that. I believe that people like that piece of trash, waste of oxygen should be eliminated.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

master -- i too had a physical reaction reading that transcript...sort of an uneasy queasiness...and i can feel the red heat creep up the back of my neck as it angers me.

this whole thing is so tough for me. i can't believe these kids are going to be deprived of all the possiblities of a lifetime because their mother drowned them. that's really hard for me to accept.

17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

What do you mean by "this way", Alec?

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Where Texas is killing as many people as they are.

The 26 years was just in reference to people like DaDakota, not necessarily the legality of capital punishment.

19. DaDakota

You mean people like me who agree on a way of doing things?

You simply are in the minority, no harm, no foul.

I don't agree with everything the majority agrees on, but in this case, absolutely.

If you don't like the death penalty, vote it out.

DaDakota

20. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

So you're going to move to Canada because Texas executes more criminals than other states?

Will you moving put a stop to the executions?