1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrea Yates verdict ?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DAROckets, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

What, so the fact that there will be a lot of executions should make me abandon my anti-death penalty beliefs?

2. ArtVandolet

ArtVandolet Member

Those without kids can understand - those with kids should understand more...would you ever, methodically kill everyone of your kids? One after another? Not in fit of rage, but because you're a bad parent? That to me is dangerously insane. Not by Texas law standards but by parental common sense standards.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Killing kids = Death

IMHO.

DaDakota

4. DaDakota

Insane is no excuse for what she did, sorry, don't believe she deserves to live.

Responsibilty for your actions...novel concept around here I guess.

DaDakota

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Murdering anyone=Life in prison without parole (I know we don't have it in Texas, still doesn't change my opinion)

IMHO.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

No, it's not. Just some people have different views on how she should be held responsible.

7. Major

Major Member

No, it's not. Just some people have different views on how she should be held responsible.

Geez, don't you get it?!??! If you don't kill her, you're not holding her responsible!! If you put her in prison, it's the same as letting her go totally free and letting her get away with murder.

8. DaDakota

Gosh Major, was that sarcasm?

Nice one !!!!

I understand that you two guys don't believe in the death penalty.

All I can say is..that I am glad that I live in a republic/democracy and the majority rules, and you two are NOT in the majority.

Deal with that.......

:p

Now on to the death penalty.

DaDakota

PS. I guess Major and RM95 would not mind paying for her upkeep in the prison then?

9. Major

Major Member

PS. I guess Major and RM95 would not mind paying for her upkeep in the prison then?

I have no problem with my tax dollars paying for her prison time. That's part of my responsibility as a citizen. By the way, you do know that will cost me less than spending my tax dollars on an execution, right?

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

With people like you in the majority, this country would've been lucky to make it 26 years, much less 226. Let's hope it doesn't stay this way for long, or I'll be joining Grizzled and Azim soon.

11. Mrs. JB

Mrs. JB Member

You bet it is! Why I know in my off time I run around shoplifting jewelry and torturing small animals.

:) (trademark DaDakota inappropriately placed smilie face)

12. DaDakota

Mrs JB,

My smily faces are there for a reason, they are far from inappropriate.

You never answered the Post Partum question, what is it like? Have you had kids? Because you implied that you had, and because of this you would be more in the know.

As for the rest, I am tired of beating a dead horse, majority rules, and in this case I am in the majority.

As for RM95's comments about people running the country that share my beliefs, I find those VERY offensive.

RM, you should reinforce your argument, not attack someone personally as you are want to do......it weakens your stance.

DaDakota

13. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Da: Technically speaking, you cannot fully understand what Andrea Yates did either because just having children isn't enough. Technically, you'd have to be a woman with post pardem depression who had suicidal thoughts and thought about drowning your children. THEN, you could fully understand.

Dismissing an opinion because of a lack of experience with children is ridiculous. It's just a convenient way to avoid debate.

14. Major

Major Member

As for the rest, I am tired of beating a dead horse, majority rules, and in this case I am in the majority.

Are you? Has she been given the death penalty?

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Hmmm, you're a unintentionally funny guy Dakota.

Did someone hack into your account when you posted that I have a vagina? Did someone hack into your account when you posted that you were happy that people with the views of myself and Major aren't in the majority?

Just wondering you hypocrite.

16. DaDakota

Whatever RM95,

Call me what you want.

As for the Death penalty, it is enforced in Texas because we are in the majority.

I will abide by whatever decision is made in this case, will you guys, or will you WHINE about how unfair the death penalty is.

DaDakota

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yes, I will whine about how it's not right. However, that won't mean that it won't be enforced.

Now for you, you will certainly whine if they don't give her the death penalty, no doubt about that.

18. DaDakota

Jeff,

I am not dismissing anyone's opinion, they are certainly entitled to it.

All I am saying is that I DON'T CARE if she is insane, SHE KILLED HER KIDS !!!!!!

Insanity is not an excuse for murder. In my OPINION !!!

DaDakota

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

wait a second DaDakota...i will NEVER give up my right to whine when the majority in this country chooses something I don't agree with!!!

20. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

anyone else tired of every topic turning into a personal bashing on the bbs? it's old......