1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Roberson had to take a stretcher out

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by cdrive, Jan 27, 2018.

1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Mavs fan like me? Huh? Why are you so confused?

2. Rockets4Life13

OKC with Roberson on/off

On: 1st Defensive rating
    Off: Bottom 5

DPOY impact.

Not even gonna argue with you, i had you on ignore anyway, and will put you there again.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

if you can't talk basketball then please do so. tells me all i need to know

you put me on ignore. oh nooooo :(

4. Rockets4Life13

It's just impossible to talk to you. Easily the most obnoxious person on this board.

He has DPOY impact and is talked about like he is a scrub. DPOY type players in a league full of offensively talented players =|= scrub.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

So bc nobody says he's a dpoy you get upset and say he's underrated. I clearly said people acknowledge what he's in the league for. And I asked where being underrated is coming from

When people compliment a player, the response is he's a bit overrated. When people don't give hype a player up. He's underrated.

6. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

hakeem94, pippendagimp and Vivi like this.
  7. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I wonder how they will do without Roberson to begin the season. OKC fell apart defensively when he went down. Roberson, Adams when OKC put him in the PnR (and Melo, believe it or not) were the only players I feared on that OKC team. Roberson locked down Harden like no other player I have seen in the NBA. I'll be hate watching OKC again next season. I hope they suck.

hakeem94, RayRay10 and Williamson like this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Nice find. This is an important bit of "under-reported" news, tbh.

OKC's schedule is a bit light to start the season. So they might be able to weather it. But if they don't pile up wins early, it gets much tougher later on.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow. I didn't realize Roberson would be out that long. Guess he was off my radar after he went down. I just assumed he would be back for this season, not the middle, or more likely towards the end of the season, which sounds likely. That's a tough blow for OKC. I'm delighted. Having said that, I hope Roberson makes a full recovery.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Roberson does make me re-think the importance of certain non-"stars". Iguodala out against us in the playoffs had an impact (although Kerr in his bravado didn't mention we were kinda short-handed too, with Moute out and essentially Anderson).

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Roberson played pretty good D on harden. The problem for them was he could not hit his FTs and that was just killing them when we fouled him.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You are f and furious.

[​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, honestly sounds like his season may be over, maybe even his career.

Jontro likes this.
  16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Insane. Honestly, at this point it would be best for him to take off the rest of the season to get super healthy. And right now OKC is doing fine without him with Grant stepping up and Schroder providing secondary playmaking and scoring. Plus it gives them time to develop their other younger wings.

da_juice likes this.
  17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

After 2 yrs, with a setback last yr, Donovan says still no timetable.

Oct 19th article of progress quotes --> https://oklahoman.com/article/5644508/andre-roberson-is-making-progress-toward-a-return

Andre Roberson is ramping up his workouts.

He did more in practice Friday than he did earlier in the week, according to Thunder coach Billy Donovan, but Roberson (return to play management) sat out of most of the contact portions of practice.

Roberson stayed after for fitness-focused drills with coaches. He guarded a ball handler the length of the court and ran consecutive full-court sprints with a layup on each end. He finished the workout with 3-point shots and free throws.

As he caught his breath, Roberson addressed the media for the first time in two weeks.

“It felt good,” he said of the workout. “Still working myself into game shape, every day just trying to chug away. So, step by step, day by day.”​

The medical staff felt it was important for Roberson to go through high-intensity work, including five-on-five drills, for several consecutive days at the beginning of training camp, according to Donovan. That was something Roberson had not done in his injury rehabilitation since rupturing his left patellar tendon in January 2018.

He felt soreness afterward – Donovan has stressed that such a reaction is normal – and dialed back his participation in the weeks after.

“I ain’t played basketball in like a year and half,” Roberson said, “so going from playing against nobody – playing against coaches and other stuff like that, doing hard drills against other guys – to actually playing five-on-five is a big step up. Just taking it a day at a time, and not just my knee, my overall body, getting a feel. I gained weight -- upper body mass, muscle -- so I just have to get readjusted to my body just (from) sitting out, as well as my knee.”​

Roberson has come close to returning before. Last November, he had already worked past setbacks that had extended his timeline to return. In a post-practice workout on Nov. 29, Roberson sprinted and changed direction quickly. He even threw down a dunk.

The next day, The Thunder announced that an MRI revealed an avulsion fracture thought to have occurred when Roberson landed from a jump during a non-contact workout. He’s been recovering from that setback ever since.

“I’m way better now than last November now,” Roberson said Friday. “Mentally, physically, I gained more weight, got stronger messing with (player development analyst) Fortune (Solomon) over there. And just learning, honestly, through this whole process. My character’s been built. I feel like I’m better off now than I ever have been.”​

In addition to making sure his knee is healthy enough for the grind of an NBA season, Roberson said he wants to avoid risking injury to any other part of his body by returning too quickly.

"That's the whole point of me taking it easy, is when I come back, I want to be back," he said. "When I step on that floor I want to be ready to go for the whole season. That's my ultimate goal."​

Roberson can’t put a specific timeline on his return, and his availability for the Thunder’s season opener at Utah on Wednesday remains unknown. But Roberson is hopeful that he’ll be game-ready “pretty soon.”

“I don’t know if I look good over there to you guys or not,” Roberson said, “but I feel good.”​

FrontRunner and King1 like this.
  18. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

I would love to get this guy if they ever buy him out.

Elephant810 likes this.
  19. Jontro

Jontro Member

with our history of schitty team doctors?

20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

This is sounding like he might never play again and if he does he might not last more than a handful of game.

sorta like Yao’s last comeback. Only lasted 10 games and then career over.

he wasn’t a great player like Yao but he was a great top 5 defender at his peak and that is very valuable in the nba.

feel bad for him but football players fear this outcome every snap they play.