1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Roberson had to take a stretcher out

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by cdrive, Jan 27, 2018.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Interesting, I know he's an elite defender but he's also borderline the worst offensive player in the league, those are nice +- numbers but I know how much he can cripple there offense leaving a free defender to double at any time. Roberson/Westbrook/Adams combo leaves a lot to be desired for spacing.

George is also an elite defender, I feel like if they can swing a trade for a decent 3&D wing that they will be alright in his absence. But who knows that is a funky team chemistry wise, maybe he's also a big on floor motivator with his hustle.

2. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Wes Mathews?

Cortney Lee maybe?

3. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Yeah I never checked the percentages, but always thought he was pretty forgettable in his playoffs. Last year he was complaining about not getting the last shot after he passed it out early.

4. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Self fail

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

So first, you must not understand the statistics that have been presented that show that the Thunder are better at both offense and defense when Andre Roberson is on the floor. Second, Andre Roberson was averaging 26.6 minutes per game this season which happens to be the exact same as our own Clint Capela. And you know defensive stops are also needed to win games, right? I'd argue that losing Roberson hurts them worse than losing someone like Carmelo would. Russell and PG can handle the offensive load - they need defensive minded players.

PRO TIP: you can look all of this stuff up on basketball reference before making yourself look silly on the internet.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Thunder are going to get the 3 seed it looks like, so we'll be playing them in Round 2. This makes it slightly easier, but they're still a very bad match-up for us.

7. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

And they're likely going to get Bradley via trade.

Bradley is a perfect pick to guard Curry/Harden/CP3.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Right. Would be a nightmare for Houston if we're being honest.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Absolutely. Roberson is a much better defender right now, but Bradley will probably be a little better than he's played in Detroit with so much less responsibility. And unlike Roberson, Bradley will drain those open 3s.

A lineup of Westbrook/Bradley/George/Melo/Adams is going to be bananas if it happens. Really tough match up for anyone, particularly the Rockets.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yup. If OKC replaces Roberson adequately, which is likely with Presti I'd say, I'd put a Houston-OKC series squarely 50/50. They are easily our worst matchup in the West, save for Golden State, of course.

Unfortunately...they look destined to overtake the 3 seed. We'll see, though.

11. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

I guarantee you they will beat us in the second round, the OK3 will average 12 FTs per game each, Adams will grab every rebound after spending 10 seconds in the paint, Harden and CP3 will be fouled every possession. OKC is predetermined to win it all, and all those in their way will """"choke"""" or get jobbed by the refs.

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

how do they get Bradley?

Not saying they can't, I'm just curious how?

I guess they'd have to give up Ferguson.

13. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Abrines and a the 2019 first, maybe a few seconds instead. Basically getting him for free to fuel their championship victory.

14. JayZ750

Can they trade the 2019 first? They've traded the 2018 first already.

Also that trade doesn't work. OKC needs to send more salaries.

Also Abrines sucks and is getting paid next year.

So why does Detroit do that? Bradley has been down this year, but I think that's as much a function of team/environment imo. Or more to the point, he would be a great fit in OKC. And a lot of teams. I'd take him on the Rockets. He has value. Abrines has no value.

15. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Detroit does it because the NBA demands Westbrook becomes a champion. They need a new Kobe, overrated, inefficient, bad teammate, but highly marketable and surrounded by so many all stars over and over again that they get carried to championships.

BigShasta likes this.
  16. JayZ750

Haha. That's true.

BigShasta likes this.
  17. Rockets4Life13

I got laughed at when i said roberson is underrated. You will see OKC's defense suffer big time with him out.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I know you are one of @RocketsTruth's followers and a gematria truther, Swiss. Do you think this is a fake injury by Roberson? If OKC is destined to beat the Rockets, why would the elite jews take out the best Harden stopper in he NBA?

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

i mean it is pretty funny. what exactly are people not seeing to you.

he is absolutely terrible on the offensive end. can't shoot, can't dribble, can't drive. hes there bc he plays defense. he has also cost them games bc teams send him to the ft line. underrated? dont see it at all

20. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

They would get bradley regardless, its hard to fake an injury live on TV, knees don't give out like that. Harden and CP3 will either get "injured" away from camera, or """"choke"""". The Shaq Streak is real, and Bradley to OKC would keep it going.

And its because the jews are all mavs fans like @swyyyguy who have it out against us.