1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Johnson Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Commodore, Mar 2, 2015.

1. conquistador#11

lol andre has said more in the past 2 months than the last 30 years.
    it's understandable. five years from now, he will be in the texans honor circle representing us on draft night.

2. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

He had a bad agent. Then he whined about money at least twice. Got the money. His mind definitely was not in it this last season. In retrospect I wish we would have just cut him. Just hand the reigns to Hopkins and go with it.

This tells a lot about the mental state of Andre. I understand the team management is horrible, but to burn out your old team like that....damn.

Hard to root for a guy who doesn't take the higher road. He is clearly at a better place than the Texans now but still wants to take shots.

As Texans management goes...this is the best outcome for the Andre breakup. The more Andre trashes his old team, the easier it is for Texans fans to distance themselves with him.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Andre will get respect from Houston and I respect him to this day. The truth is Andre is just at fault for the failures of Schaub, Kubiak and the Texans as they are. For all the disagreements he had with Obrien the Texans went from 2-14 to 9-7. Yeah you can go to the colts and play with Luck and a coach from the U with a bunch of big names and fame. All that crap doesn't win you the super bowl. It may win in college but this is the nfl. The colts still won't win the super bowl. You gotta have it on offense, defense and special teams. I'll take Obrien's way over just having a sexy offense the texans are moving in the right direction. Good luck Andre.

1 person likes this.
  4. mick fry

mick fry Member

Yeah I wouldn't say he is in a better place, he may have a better qb but not in a better place. O'B is building a "team" not an individual. The rivalry just got heated even more.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Can't wait till he season....surprised how he's putting the organization, and former teammates under the bus like that. Glad he's gone, since he was a shell of his former self....and didn't seem like the desire was all there.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

With every word he makes me feel better about saying "good riddance" every time he's mentioned. If he was out there giving it all he had....like he was ridiculously overpaid to do, instead of being a whiny chump, the Texans probably make the playoffs last season.

As far as I'm concerned, he'll never be welcome back in Houston. I'll always consider him a Colt.

7. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Can't believe Dre really threw the team under the bus like that. I can't blame him, but he really put it all out there smh. Can a WR not be a primadonna? Sheesh

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Not gonna say that hurt...but damn...Dre

9. ROCKETS1972

ROCKETS1972 Member

i loved him as a player for years and had a very high opinion of him until 2003 at that time he stoped being a team player last year he was a disgrace in the way that he acted now i have no respect for him at all may he tear his acl in the first weak of this season and never play in the nfl again and that would be too good for him

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

Bobbythegreat 10 years down the line: "AJ was a great Texan, I'm so proud that he went into the football HOF as a Texan, I LOVE YOU AJ!!!!!!"

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's one theory.

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

LOL!!!!

Ridiculus.

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Fixed.

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Dre probably shouldn't have said that on the air but everything he said was true. Dre has always had average qbs at best. Even going back to his hurricane days. He has to be smiling from ear to ear having a stud like Luck throwing him the rock.

15. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

He better getting a Standing - O and zero boos when he comes to Houston.

16. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

better be*

17. binhie

binhie Member

I blame Ed Reed

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He'll get a standing O and zero boos when he fumbles the ball and straight up drops passes that hit him in the hands, leading to a Colts loss.......just like he did with the Texans last year.

19. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah, objectively speaking it is hard to disagree. Sure Schaub performed at a high level for a few years but that's a drop in the bucket compared to his playing career.

It does make you wince a little seeing some of those comments but i'm not going to get all butt hurt about it...especially when it is not completely off base

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The thing that is irksome about it is that Dre didn't care till he found out his payday was about to end.....now he's spewing butt-hurt all over the place every chance he gets. Once he found out that his payday was going to end, nothing could console him.