1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Johnson Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Commodore, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe we should blame Dre's QB for his awful performance as the 3rd option. Clearly it has to be that and not that old man Dre just isn't very good anymore.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

5char

1 person likes this.
  3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dude is clown shoes, minus the entertainment factor that clown shoes actually possess

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Dre isn't that bad, he's just old and not very good at football anymore. No need to personally attack him like that.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

So based on this I am noting you believe andre is not done and Hoyer is not garbage?

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

It was obvious last season that Andre was declining rapidly. He got no separation and the Texans kept force feeding him the ball...which led to stalled offensive drives. Same thing happened with the Colts yesterday. 10 targets is quite a bit for that offense, but it got them nowhere.

Yes, Andre will have better games...but he's not nearly the player he thinks he is. And in the end, the Colts offense will only suffer by going to him consistently. He'll have his good games though...just not enough to offset the bad ones.

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1575/andre-johnson

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Hoyer is garbage because he has 2 touchdowns to 10 interceptions in his last 7 games starting. Is that bias?

9. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

The drops were an issue last year; I thought they might have been a component of Operation: Shutdown(TM) - but hearing that he had an issue with them yesterday... might be random - but might also be a continuation of his decline.

I have no ill will toward AJ - but I do the Colts, so I'm happy to hear it.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Believe it or not, he's always had a bit of an issue with drops, but it has gotten worse. If you get Andrew Luck to target you 10 times and you come up with only 4 receptions for 24 yards.....yeah that's brutal. I can understand why they were telling him he'd have only a minor role on the Texans, getting the ball to Nuk, Shorts, or Washington leads to more than trying to force it to Dre.

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I remember so many times where Fitz went to Dre, while Dre was being blanketed. Part of the pressure with being a mediocre QB is that you have to make your "star" WR happy...and Fitz hurt himself and the team by trying to force feed AJ last season. If Fitz had this year's WR corp, he'd have even a better season than he did last year.

Same thing happened with Luck...and I do hope that the trend continues for them.

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

Yeah, I'm sure his play had nothing to do with Bills defense.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure that had something to do with it, sure. He needs a super awesome matchup to look even decent despite having one of the best QB's in the NFL trying to get him the ball over and over again. He's pretty much a standard WR4 at this point.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

TY Hilton had like 1/6 or 1/7 targets in the game vs the Patriots last year. He was only 7/14 on Sunday. I guess he is a bust too.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Keep holding out hope that he turns back time and becomes your hero again.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

There you go again ignoring stats and resorting to old rhetoric. If TY Hilton had 7/14 targets in the same game before he got injured; does that mean he is a standard WR3 at best?

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Depends on whatever new information comes out next week.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You are literally ignoring his awful performance and daydreaming about one day when you think he'll do better.

Texans fans are just awful when it comes to overrating other team's players. Bridgewater and Johnson....SMH

19. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

seriously... let's see what he can do with hilton out and against an average defense.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Fitzaptrick.

And guys on the bench who can't beat out anybody (Mallett)

1 person likes this.