1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Iguodala's Twitter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pete Chilcutt, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Possum

Possum Member

I have nothing against St Thomas. Just pointing out that a student from ther has reading comprehension problems. And now its evident that they dont specialize in relativity.

2. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

He is not promoting it. He's expresing his doubt about that lifestyle. There's a question mark.

3. blacktopKING

blacktopKING Member

You should learn how to spell "there" before attempting to point out other's flaws.

I also stating facts, nothing else.

4. Possum

Possum Member

:eek:

Your not making a good case for ST. Thomas. :p

5. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Let's take this for what it is, guys. Iggy referenced a song with VERY stron Houston roots. At the time, good or bad, this song was on the front line of Houston hip hop. And this is WELL known in the hip hop community.

Let's not talk about who's school is good, and what music is better. Iggy referenced Houston. Period

6. Possum

Possum Member

Allison DuBois is that you?

7. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

That's funny I guess that eliminates most of the NBAs best players :grin:

Most of the guys are ghetto man get over it.

8. Possum

Possum Member

It does for me.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Could the persons involved in the r****ded-ass pissing match please quit?

Or find out each other's names and numbers and meet up for a little Arenas-Crittenton action while the rest of us waste time wondering whether Iggy's coming to H-town.

10. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

Then why do you even bother watching NBA basketball, since its filled with tatooed young men from urban areas, who listen to that racket they call hip hop, and walk around with bravado. LeBron James and his assocaition do a former drug dealer, now major music mogul Jay-Z? What kind of message are they sending to children? :rolleyes:

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Wow. Just wow.

First - Iggy referenced a single song. A song that is mostly talking about cars and rims. There is a single reference to a 9mm glock. There is no reference to violence. When saying 'still sippin', they may be referencing codeine cough syrup, but it's subtle enough they could just as easily be referring to alcohol - which you probably drink. There is nothing remotely gang related involved in this song. Why you're calling it gangster rap is beyond me.

Second - Johnny Cash is a musical legend. Apparently you just don't appreciate music in general. This helps me understand how your mind works. As for your defense that his music reflects his struggles - exactly what do you think hip hop is about?

And really? You're really arguing that Iggy is promoting a unhealthy lifestyle because he made a single musical reference to a song that is about cars and rims? Really? You're arguing that and simultaneously insulting the colleges I attended?

And no, I don't see Scola or Battier referencing 'Still Tippin'. However, I did see the President of the United States reference Jay-Z when he brushed his shoulders off.

Finally - the KKK? Really? It's interesting you should make that comparison when the prime cause for the hostility towards hip hop and hip hop culture is racism, whether conscious or subconscious.

Finally, all music is art. The quality of the art is determined by both the artist and those who appreciate the art.

Now I'm done with you. Please continue your tirade though. You're doing a much better job of making yourself look foolish and close-minded than I ever could.

#151 Williamson, Jan 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  12. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

May AI received a "set" of 84 Elbows from the Elbow man and is rejoicing in joy...

13. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Really ??? do u have a link ??

14. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

Man you guys are racist...

WTMO...............

BTK knows what it is...

BTK what is WTMO.....

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I apologize for letting myself get dragged into that. I won't address it further.

16. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

This thread is officially highjacked. Hey this goes back to why the NBA created the rule that requires players to wear suits instead of what they were wearing before which was gangster garb. Come on man did you watch the video you can't tell me that big bouncing beauties offends you. :grin:

17. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

my only worry: a deal to land iggy means we lose landry or brooks.

18. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

WTMF..........................................

19. RocketLegend34

i dont think thats going to happen 76ers are tryin to clear space and they are not getting landry or brooks=rockts future

20. Possum

Possum Member

I dont know why dont you ask your kids.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.