1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Iguodala's Twitter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pete Chilcutt, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

all im saying is,

there is no point believing in one possibility (the team told him he might be traded) over another possibility (the paper told him he might be traded), when there is no evidence that one is more probable than the other.

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I hope you're joking.

I'm 33 years old. I'm white. I was educated at the University at St. Thomas and then at Syracuse University. I have never done drugs in my life. I have never been drunk in my life. I have never smoked a cigarette in my life. I have no tattoos. And my field is interior design.

But do you know what? I recognized that reference immediately. I could have told you it was from Mike Jones, Slim Thug and Paul Wall. I could have told you that that single was a turning point for houston hip hop and paved the way for the success of the three rappers featured, as well as Chamillionaire, Z-Ro, Trae, and even brought hip hop veterans UGK back in the lime light.

I love music. Whether it be hip hop, rock n' roll, indie rock, punk rock, country, jazz, soul, r&b, psychedelic, blues, classical, what have you. And I'll tell you, jazz and classical may be the only two genres amongst all of those that don't have references to drugs, promiscuity and violence - and then only because they aren't much on vocals.

Hip Hop damn sure doesn't cover anything Johnny Cash didn't already sing about and/or do. Get over it.

p.s. This has me freaking out because for anybody who is familiar with this song, it is OBVIOUSLY a reference to Houston and it's culture.

3. rockets > *

rockets > * Member

This. He is referring to Houston, no doubt. He's likely just having fun with the rumors though or it could be wishful thinking on his behalf. If i were Iggy id want to get the hell out of Philly as im sure he does too.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Suppose the deal is simply Iguodala+Dalembert for McGrady, how do those two fit into our rotation?

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

AI had to have read the rumors floating around in the media thus wanted to send a small message acknowledging them and from the looks on his face during the Rox/Sixers game a few weeks back the dude isn't happy playing on the current Sixer team. I would assume he is intrigued to play on a real team with veteran core guys that run an up-tempo game.

6. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Hahaha, owned!!! :grin:

-rb

7. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Very nicely assuming that they get the system. For basically nothing, you add Iggy's talent and playmaking skills at the 2, Dalembert's size for rebounding and shot blocking presence inside, and add depth to the bench.

Brooks/Lowry
    Iggy/Buddinger
    Ariza/Battier
    Scola/Landry
    Hayes/Dalembert

8. Possum

Possum Member

I dont see what throwing a picture of yourself in here has to do with anything. When is the last time you heard of Battier or Scola promoting Gangster rap? You havent becasue they are intelligent enough even if they happen to like it to not promote it. :rolleyes: Smoke dope treat women like hoes and promote violence as a way of life. Thats the message I want Houston Rockets players pumping out to the kids that look up to them.

Its one thing to listen to it, its another to promote it when you heavily influence young people. If you cant understand that then you arent very smart.

To the other simple minded poster that compared Johnny Cash's music to Gangster Rap, get a clue. :rolleyes:

9. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

LOL at you thinking "Still Tippin'" is a "gangster rap" song.

seriously dude.

10. Possum

Possum Member

Have you seen the video? LOL that you think its not.

11. Mr. Space City

who cares.

the rockets played drake's forever before a game.

rap will always link itself to basketball. just because he likes the music doesn't mean he is a thug :rolleyes:

12. Illegal Machine

I think it's a great song....and I'm a white accountant.

Be right back, gonna go sip some syrup while I do someone's tax return... :rolleyes:

13. Possum

Possum Member

Learn to read.

14. HombreDeHierro

maybe he's sippin on lean too

15. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Calm down everybody....Remember when Amare Stoudamire posted a picture on twitter with the Houston hand sign?

16. Possum

Possum Member

Typical accountant! :p

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

adelman is very careful about rocking the boat. we have a good thing going, so i dont expect those two (if acquired for tmac) to be given tons of playing time right away.

i could see iggy starting and taking chase out of the rotation while eating into ariza and lowry's minutes.

with dalembert, i have no clue if he takes away from chuck or david. i would assume he eventually takes the starting spot, but andersen's shooting is really needed so maybe chuck is out of the rotation.

18. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Please tell me how it's different. Johnny Cash sang of prison, violence, substance abuse, infidelity, promiscuity, etc. You may say, "but that isn't all he sang about". Well, that isn't all rappers rap about either. I suggest you take a bit of your own advice and get a clue. Music is music. It's not really different than any other artistic medium. Artists tend towards the dramatic. Those are the dramatic subjects of urban life, and really, all of life. If you can't respect the art, then I suggest you take a bit of your own advice and get a clue.

And please don't continue this. Because if need be, I will spend all day digging up quotes from Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Hank Williams, Willie Nelson, and on and on and on and contrasting them with quotes by Tupac, Notorious B.I.G., Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg and on and on and on.

19. HombreDeHierro

this Possum guy is a total vagina

20. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

If you think Cash's music wasn't violent listen to 'Delia's Gone' about a dude shooting down his woman...and Cash was a pot smoker deluxe back in the day.

Just a different culture and different time, so don't be ignorant.

Regardless, his taste in music does not indicate what kind of person he is.

As for the twitter post, probably just him stirring the hornets nest which clearly worked at Clutchfans.

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.