1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Iguodala

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketaggie89, Oct 27, 2010.

1. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

I agree that we should try to get a star, but they have to want to play here. Melo does not want to play here so who do you suggest going after. I think Iguodala is a very realistic target. Especially now that their front office is concluding that they are not winning this season.

If Philly loses out on Melo, which I definitely see as possible because I just don't see Melo agreeing to resign with Philly, then maybe we can make a deal. With Dampier coming here now we have some players who will likely see a large decrease in pt (i.e. Hill, Patterson, Jeffries) add to that if we get Iggy Battier is even more expendable, plus Battier and Jeffries are expirings that will save Philly money. I think if we were pressed we may consider giving up Bud as well or valuable picks to sweeten the deal.

something like Jeffries/Hill/Budinger and a pick, which would leave us with

Brooks/Lowry/Smith
    Martin/Lee
    Iggy/Battier
    Scola/Hayes/Patterson
    Yao/Miller/Dampier

there is no loss in the defense of that starting lineup, we get a swingman who has an all around solid game, which is far superior to Battier at this point, who is also rarely injured. The only real loss is Budinger. We can go more a lot more defensive by putting Iggy, Battier and Dampier on the floor together.

2. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

I don't think it is worth taking on Iguodalas contract, or giving up a rotation player. He seems like a more expensive Ariza. Why would the sixers dump off their number one option to rebuild? He is a jumpshooter sadly with all of his athletic ability, and he doesnt shoot a high enough percentage to be effective. its not worth taking on over 50mill over the next 4 years for a solid 2/3 defender that isnt a superstar calibur player. Gerald Wallace or Granger are much better players, for less $.

3. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

The reports indicate that they are indeed looking to rebuild and his contract makes it such that if they lose out on melo no one else is really going to give up that much for him. Which is why they would most likely trade Iggy to get cap relief, young players and/or picks.

Granger is NOT, I repeat NOT available. The only way we may get Indiana remotely interested is by offering Brooks and Martin but they already have Collison. So I propose to you how exactly would we acquire Granger?? He is a pipedream and we most likely have a significantly better chance at getting Melo. I would be all for acquiring Wallace but I do not see us getting him for the same deal Iggy could be acquired for.

Forget about how much a player makes for a minute to realize for how much we have to give up to get a player that you call "cheaper", if we have to give up Brooks or Martin who I would call "worth" the money they make, than even if we do receive a player who is also "worth" the money it doesn't make it a better deal.

We need to consider what is best for winning now. IMO I think we wouldn't need to give up as much for Iggy and that's what makes a potential trade for him more lucrative.

4. IceMan

IceMan Member

Done. Nice dealing with you.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

IMO, if we had to give up one of either Brooks or Martin, the trade would somewhat lateral. Now if you get Lou Williams and Iguodala, then trading Brooks makes sense, but just for Iguodala, no. Like i mentioned before, 2 expirings(Jeffries, Shane), Hill and maybe a pick should do it for a rebuilding team.

6. DaJet

DaJet Member

Man I hope this deal happens soon.

We need to aquire someone soon so we can have some sort of chemistry come Jan-Feb.

7. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

I think something along the lines of Hill+JT+JJ+pick for Iguodala would be more than enough.

1 person likes this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I like it. :)

9. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

This seems very reasonable and win-win for both teams.

11. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

They would want Bud first and foremost, and I would hate to give him up.

12. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

I would too, but I think we would have to definitely consider it. We have to give something to get something...

13. On Top

On Top Member

exactly.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If they were going to do anything with Iguodala, it would not be anytime soon.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Would getting Iguodala, without giving up any core players, qualify us as a superteam?

16. amaru

amaru Member

No a "superteam" but extremely talent.....but we know how that goes in houston.

Something would go wrong

17. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N6O2ncUKvlg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N6O2ncUKvlg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

18. Btop

Btop Member

it's not just Battier play at SF position it's also Budinger play has been extremely bad; horrible terrible. we're not getting anything from that position sorry Chase Budinger fans.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Bud hasn't been bad. His defense could use some work, but you could say that for the whole team. Bud has been scoring good and running the plays well. He's alright.

20. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I think he could make a huge difference, and there's almost no player I'd rather see the Rockets go after. But everyone keeps assuming he'll be available, and I doubt he will be.