1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Iguodala

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketaggie89, Oct 27, 2010.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

How about we trade for Turner instead?

;)

DD

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

How the heck did you quote my post before I posted it???

:confused: :confused: :confused:

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I made a post right above you. Saw your post, then went back to edit my post by deleting what I orginally posted and replace it with a quote of your post and a response to it. :)

4. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

He's such a great locker room guy though :rolleyes:

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Battier, Jeffries, Jordan Hill, Draft Pick for IGGY & SPEIGHTS.

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I just finished watching the last 5 minutes of Philly v. Miami.

Man, I can see why Morey liked Iggy so much. In those 5 minutes, he scored, he dished, played defense, and handled the ball almost as good as a pg.

Iggy can do it all.

Hopefully Morey can swindle a trade for Iggy by the trading deadline.

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I just saw a while ago a blip on ESPN Wilbon talking about Iggy and trade speculation, unfortunately I couldn't hear the sound. Anybody catch it?

Btw, I don't like Iggy as a 3, I think he's better at the 2 but we already have a starting 2.

8. dartherus

dartherus Member

I was criticized by proposing a trade of Brooks plus trade fillers plus some sweetener for Iggy....however, they never explained why this proposed trade was so bad....

One example I'll repeat...
    Aaron Brooks+Jared Jeffries+Chuck Hayes For Iggy would work according to RealGM's trade checker....

The sweetener could be one of the first round picks Rockets has as assets...

An extra PG was needed, I suggested Hinrich because he's somehow undervalued after playing behind Derrick Rose...so Battier plus some sweetener could do the trick....
    But if other PG can be suggested, it would be fine...

The perimeter would keep the same offensive potential, but FAR BETTER D, don't you think?

OLD NEW
    PG: Brooks, Lowry PG: Hinrich, Lowry
    SG: Martin, Lee SG: Martin, Lee
    SF: Battier, Budinger SF: Iggy, Budinger

Isnt the NEW backcourt CLEARLY better? Doesn't Houston have more than enough assests to make this happen?

9. Road Rash

Road Rash Member

i dont want a hinrich on this team, and Brooks is still so smooth and explosive and fun to watch. I want Iggy, but maybe for Battier, Jeffries, Taylor, and a pick.

10. AggieRocketsFan

Would not want to trade the co-captain of our team for Iggy. Brooks is playing great this year so far and he's just getting better. The backcourt of Hinrich/Martin is clearly worse then Brooks/Martin.

If Iggy becomes available, he can be had without giving up Brooks/Martin/Scola/Yao, but the 76'ers will probably be looking to unload Brand with him. Plus the Sixers have a 2nd yr talented PG in Jrue Holiday that they are hoping makes big strides this year.

Also, Iggy and AB's salaries don't match so the trade won't work anyway! :p

1 person likes this.
  11. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

So you think we should trade Battier for another big man or a pg?

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

I think its pretty clear we need a better SF at this point. Battier's play is bringing the starter's level down....

13. devin23

devin23 Member

At this point, I wouldn't trade brooks for Iggy. I would trade batter+jared+both picks for iggy. maybe add hill or patterson to sweeten the deal.

14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Carefull. Speaking the truth will bring the goon squad on you. :grin:

15. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Glad to see you're finally accepting the truth.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That freaked me out.

17. dartherus

dartherus Member

:eek:
    Anyway, no matter how 'great' AB scores (the only thing he does well), he will always suck regarding Basketball IQ, court vision, and D....isn't it?

You can't analyze only 2 positions, when 3 positions are involved in the trade....

Hinrich/Martin/Iggy is not at least equal in offense to the current Brooks/Martin/Battier?
    (3 capable scorers in the new rosters, against 2 capable scorers?)

And that's offense only, I don't think you'd try to compare defense here....or not?

18. ROX_fan_CT

ROX_fan_CT Member

I think that there is no question who the Rockets should TRADE for soon and it AINT MELLO...scoring the ball is not the problem obviously.

IGGY (aka- Dre) !!!
    He is the athletic defensive 3 that we need. Plus, he is NOT an offensive Liability, he can be a go to guy. He is accustomed to creating his own shot, getting to the free throw line and taking the pressure for final shots for his team for years. He also can adjust to the necessary roles of the team he is playing for...refer to Team USA where he played the defensive minded 4 role. More importantly, he can rebound his position. He will be the perfect fit for our team without demanding or pounding the ball. I think Morey has to go all in for him...Battier + Jefferies + 1 or 2 picks for him.

Right now, most importantly, Iggy could defend the other teams best perimeter player along with Lee.

Brooks - Lowry
    Martin - Lee
    Iggy - "Hard G"
    Scola - Hill/Chuck/PP
    Yao - Miller/Hill (hopefully Damp...we really need his size)

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Haha... I should have told you that I had a software that sees everything being typed on the board even before people hit submit.

20. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

Battier is clearly on the decline and we should salvage some value from him. With that said I think Iguodala is a player that would be a nice replacement. He is rarely injured, plays good perimeter defense, and he can score a decent amount. However, what is his price?

would the sixers do Battier, Hill and 2 NY picks for Iggy or do we need to sweeten the deal even more?