1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Drummond?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by 123Rockets, May 12, 2012.

?

Would you take the chance at Drummond at a high Pick Position?

1. Yes, future Dwight.

130 vote(s)
    61.3%
  2. No, Kwame type bust.

82 vote(s)
    38.7%
  1. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Pipe dreams all. Morey has neither the skill level nor the assets to trade down enough to get Drummond.

2. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Is it even possible for a 14th pick in fairly weak draft to be considered a bust?

Honestly to me, Morris isn't even a disappointment, because it's about what I expected from him. I did not think he would originally start or even get heavy minutes as a backup. At best 2nd or 3rd string SF, that manifested. I knew he got beat out by Parsons, it wasn't a big shock.

3. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

The 14th pick, this year I think will have a little more expectation to perform across the league, because this is widely considered "THE STRONG DRAFT." It's a fairly deep draft (I don't think alot of superstars will be made though), but alot of players who should stick around in the NBA for a minute.

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

You know your team made the wrong pick when the Spurs deal a starter to move up and pick a player in the same position as Morris. It was set in stone at that moment - Morris will bust and Leonard will be an all star.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Its also going to sting is Donatas turns out to be marginal or a bust, and Nicola Mirotic turns out to be the next great international RC Buford find.

I dont think anyone should murder the Rockets for looking at Donatas Motiejunas as a better solution as a first round pick due to Mirotic's buyout situation in Europe, but that guy looks like he could be a stud in the future. F-ing Spurs.

6. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

The Bulls picked Mirotic. But yeah, he’s not coming over until 2014, so I’d rather have D-Mo.

7. Rocketfan713

Rocketfan713 Member

we drafted him and traded him to the wolves for d-mo and the wolves traded mirotic to the bulls.

8. QazQay

QazQay Member

The thing is, if you look at the draft, a majority of the players have been busts.
    It was just a really weak draft. The only players that went behind Morris worth drafting (not including unproven internationals) were Leonard, Faried, Brooks, and maybe a few others I can't remember. Bad draft.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The bust potential for this dude is very high, but the star potential is also very high as well. I think if we trade up, and this dude is there at around the 5-6 pick, I think we should pull the trigger. If he doesn't pan out, then hey we're probably going to be looking at a high draft pick the next year as well, but if he does pan out, then Rockets fans...we have our stud

10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Parsons? lol

11. Pete the Cheat

repped for potentially prophetic deliciousness

certainly some interesting takes in here...

the guys physical tools intrigue me, and I think he will translate well to the NBA. I can see him having an Amare impact his rookie season (in the right setting)

it's kind of hard to judge a guys fire from one year in college. people mature at different rates, and you never know the circumstances surrounding there time in school.

good call brah...

12. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Hasheem Thabeet Part Deux

13. Pete the Cheat

14. ashiin

ashiin Member

A much more athletic Thabeet?

15. Pete the Cheat

A much more athletic mono-lingual Thabeet?

in all seriousness though, Drummond has a higher basement than Thabeet. even Kwame and Darko were able to carve out nitches as role players

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I believe his contract is up in 2016. Buying out a Real Madrid contract is almost never done until a player gets off the NBA rookie scale.

17. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Morris does NOT have a high ceiling, this guy was a borderline lottery pick. Marcus Morris was considered a safe pick, and bro whats up with you. he's barely played, the same people that thought Jeremy Lin was a bust because he rarely played, are the same ones bagging on Morris. Whats gonna happen if D-Mo doesnt get 20 points in his first game, or is a GOD awful defender(will he be labeled a bust as well)

NO MORE SAFE PICK's .. I want Drummond

18. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

And if i said D-Mo would be the next David Anderson( i would be wrong for that)

Seriously Thabeet is a terrible comparison, Thabeet is not athletic, not very mobile( he is just tall)

Drummond is very fast, athletic, and is an underrated passer( If he played decent he is going to the Bobcats no questions asked). I hope we get him and MKG

19. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Haha the Grizzlies traded Morey a bust in Thabeet, and somehow none of you blame Morey for trading for him

The Grizzlies knew Thabeet was a bust, which is why they gave him to us for nothing

Stop acting like you expected Thabeet to come and dominate

20. fkc20

fkc20 Member

Thabeet 2.0