1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Drummond and Reggie Jackson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JoeyTexas254, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Can definitely see Stan trading Drummond this summer, i think he has enough of him at this point, Boban actually outplayed him badly tonight.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd love to see Boban on a team that would consistently give him the ball and slow down the pace.

basketballholic likes this.
  3. basketballholic

He'd kill it.

4. basketballholic

How you like me now, sis?

5. basketballholic

He has one of the worst contracts in history. He's a boat anchor. SVG should trade him to Orlando. They're so stupid they might throw in two first rounders asking with Hezonja for him.

Other than that, Detroit might have to include their lottery pick to get rid of him. I'm so glad we didn't trade or draft this clown. SVG needs to fire his GM.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, he was atrocius yesterday, and it's not just one game, he's has been a big disappointment so far...even for someone like me that i never had big expectations on him.

7. basketballholic

I've been telling this board Drummond was a bust for 4 years. Doesnt matter that he had SOME monster games during his rookie contract. Anybody that knows players and how big money affects the human psyche should have been able to see this coming a mile away. Drummond does not have and has never had and will never have the brains, temperment, nor the drive to be great. He's never going to be great. The book is already closed on his career. Overpaid. He'll always be inconsistent, have a few good games here and there against poor opponents or lottery teams or a good team that is tired or dinged. And when the big games come around and through the majority of the season he'll just lolly gag around on the defensive end and look stupid while cashing his checks. He sucks and always has.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Those of you even remotely interested in Drummond might want to catch the highlight of last night's game against the Rockets and what he did.

He was handed a pass 2 feet from the basket. He changed direction and had a WIDE OPEN layup.

And then, Dumbmond happened.

For some inexplicable reason, he decided to forgo the layup and instead pass it in the corner for a 3 point shot (mind you this was in the middle of the game and not when they needed a 3 point shot).

To make matters worse, the pass was thrown two handed to the guy up in the seat in row 100.

I was literally cracking up when I saw that.

This guy is not all there. You can look at him and tell that he leaves his brain cells at home before coming to the arena.

#88 Zboy, Apr 8, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Still don't want either.

10. rockets13champs

Drummond is worse than Dwight

Know Your Role likes this.
  11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clint is already better than Drummond.

12. basketballholic

Drummond and #12 might be enough for DeMarcus. ;)

Embrace the clutch likes this.
  13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Drummond is intriguing.

Clint is coming along nicely, but he doesn't have the size Drummond does, nor does he have his ability to rebound, which was an area where we can improve.

jb86 likes this.
  14. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

Drummond is, IMO, the most overrated "star" in the league. He's a great rebounder, but an overrated defender, as he loses focus and track of his assignment plenty, and his offensive game has really not progressed much beyond dunking on the pick-and-roll.

He's basically a rich man's JaVale McGee (as he can play bigger minutes and rebound better). I'd be happy to get him on the Rockets for free, but not at the star price I assume Detroit would be looking for. Nor would I want to pay him salaries akin to what we paid Dwight Howard.

But maybe he'll start working on his three-point shot? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15. basketballholic

Drummond is a terrible defender.

Vivi likes this.
  16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Andwe Dwummond and Weggie Jackson? No!

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

neither of these guys are worth getting excited over. Drummond is ok but not as good as some people think he is. even worse ft shooter than DJ and not as good defensively. bigger liability in the game than DJ and that's pretty bad. I see no reason for him over CC

RJ is more of a guard you bring off the bench and isn't good enough to be a starting pg on a real contending playoff team.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

I have no interest in either of these guys. None. Reggie Jackson sucks.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Pretty much, he's still pretty young, and bog men develop slowly most od times...but still, not a fan, i agree with you that he's (or maybe was at this point) overrated.

Also just a side note, but this season i saw him two times going 1 on 10 from the ft line (or maybe it was actually 0 on 10, can't even remember now...), i mean, that's straight up embarassing. And maybe he did that more than two times...

On Reggie yeah, same old things, not a true pg, ball hog with meh shot selection, plays no defense, one of the biggest egos in the league, probably a cancer in the lockeroom...just stay away.

20. basketballholic

Clint's got about half a dozen more brain cells than Drummond.