1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Drummond and Reggie Jackson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JoeyTexas254, Feb 15, 2017.

1. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Drummond would be absolutely perfect. Doubt Daryl would try and do something this season but if he is still a Piston this summer then Capela will be dangled.

bilaal14 likes this.
  2. Garner

Garner Member

Feels very steep considering what Boogie just went for.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Drummond doesn't carry all the baggage that Boogie does.

I mean this guy has the best defensive rating in the league, the best defensive rebounding rate, the second best offensive rebounding rate,

As far as taking the next step forward, on paper, this is the guy you should want.

You could, of course, also go with the way older version of him, in Tyson Chandler. I mean, he is 11 years older, but hey, if you don't like the price....

D-rock likes this.
  4. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Pistons have a 108.3 defensive rating when he's on the court. When he's off the court the Pistons have a 99.7 defensive rating. edit: I originally said offensive instead of defensive. Oops.

Drummond isn't that good. He's a good rebounder, but he isn't a defensive player you can rely on, and he is a very very very VERY flawed offensive player. More flawed than our Capela. Andre is scoring 1.08 PPP on pick and rolls. Our Clint Capela is scoring 1.20 PPP.

Why do you guys think SVG is thinking about trading his 23 year old center who just signed for the max? Because he's heavily flawed and hasn't improved like they would want him to.

Trading for a guy on that big of a contract would ruin our team. Stay away from Drummond. Yes, he has more market value than Montrezl, Capela, Dekker, and our 1st combined probably, but he severely limits your team. No team should tie that much money to a center who can't generate his own offense and isn't an all-NBA defender.

Please, guys. Trust me on this. You don't want Andre. He's not good enough.

edit: Had a lot of mistakes in this post. Problems of being on CF on your phone haha.

#64 oogie boogie, Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Welcome to Clutchfans.

Jayzers_100 and JoeyTexas254 like this.
  6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Random trade idea... Lol

7. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

No. and **** No.

8. basketballholic

Bang. Nailed it.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

No to Andre Drummond.

10. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Drummond is only 23...can you imagine what type of player he could be with Hakeem's guidance and without D. Howard's complaining? Dirty

RocketsTruth and bilaal14 like this.
  11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Only thing I like about Jackson is he's a big fan of harden and respects his game.

I like nothing else about him.

Drummond is a great rebounder and a big body. If we had him on the team already I would be okay with that but he's really not that much of an upgrade over Capela to give up the assets it would take.

Honestly I don't think Drummond does anything better than Clint other than rebounds.

Clints the far better offensive player not even close and is prob just as good if not better as a defender and rim protector.

I want to see if Capela can regain that form he had those 10 games before the injury.

His defense was really improving and he was rebounding the ball at a 10+ a game rate in 30 min of action.

If we can get Clint playing 30 min a game with 10 rebounds and 2blk with avg rim protection, this team will be a top 8 defense heading into the playoffs.

It's not asking for much I think he can def do it but he needs to get his legs back I can tell he wasn't the same since the injury because he's not flying high for the lob dunks that he was earlier in the years.

Hopefully the break he was able to rest and build up his leg strength.

I think the rockets are still really high on Capela, I he and put it together he's the perfect center for harden moving foward and it give us this offseason and next offseason to bring in the big fish and then resign Clint with the bird rights.

Paul George anyone?

Stay away from Reggie and Drummond

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hard to see a deal getting done given how much money he makes. They'd have to include either Gordon or Anderson and I don't think that happens.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think Marcus Morris would be the best realistic pickup on the Piston's squad. SF/PF with a 3 point shot, the ability to create his own shot when Harden is one the bench, on a 3 year dirt cheap contract. Harden, and many Rockets are obviously friends with Marcus as well due to his stint here and how they workout together in the summers. KCP would be great as well but he will get OVERPAID this offseason.

Drummond is interesting, he is a healthy version of the Howard WE had in Houston with lesser defense. How different is his attitude and his willingness to accept his true role in becoming 100% focused on rebounding, defense, setting picks and finishing strong in the paint. The FT shooting would be hell all over for us, but if he seriously could do what Howard never did and focused on his strengths he could be a very good addition.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Anyone know what Detroit is asking for? Drummond would be a huge upgrade over Capela in almost every category except for free throw completions. But if it guts the team, then it does not make sense.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  15. RocketsFan92

RocketsFan92 Member

Brewer for Drummond

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Both are tough choices, if we're not considering the Sacramento Kings!

17. edwardc

edwardc Member

I'd start him over Pbev he's a better shooter.

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'd like to get Stanley Johnson from them

raining threes likes this.
  19. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

If you watch games he isn't a bad defender so to speak but a very lazy one. If that's the work ethic he wants to bring to Houston then no, I don't want him.

20. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I worry about Drummond type centers because:

1) They usually get the max.
    2) They can't hit FTs, so you can just foul them if they get inside within 5 feet. Now you are limited to 4 on 5 offense unless he can get rebounds and put backs before they foul him.
    3) They can't shoot, so they clog up the paint. Thing is you can't leave Drummond for long otherwise it's a dunk (or 2 FTs).
    4) They can't handle the rock at all.
    5) Trouble passing/kicking out. Partly because they want the ball in their hands more so they hang onto it longer than they should.

I still think he is an all-star....and even a max player. I will continue to question his motor along with Cousins until they consistently make the playoffs.