1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Drummond and Reggie Jackson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JoeyTexas254, Feb 15, 2017.

1. hakeemthagreat

Jackson's not coming here to be a sixth man. This is why he left OKC

Stormy1234 likes this.
  2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Jackson could actually start next to Harden and make Beverley come off the bench.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

And he really isn't imo...Gasol, Dwight, Cousins, Whiteside, Horford, Jokic, Embiid are all better than him imo, and you can also consider guys like Brook Lopez, Jordan, Gortat, Gobert being on the same level if not better...all these guys if you don't consider centers guys like Davis, Kat...hell, i'd take Turner over Drummond already today.

4. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Drummond would require 1st round draft pick, anderson, gordon. Its hard to say if thats good since our dynamic is so good right now.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol that's ridiculous if people actually think drummond is worth close to all that

Joshfast likes this.
  6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Drummond is intriguing. He's locked up on a max contract until he's 27 which might actually end up being cheap if he keeps his level of play. He's the best rebounder the league has seen since Rodman and it's not close. He's basically a super version of Clint (down to being super terrible on FT's). I would give up Clint, one of Harrell/Dekker, and a 1st rd pick for him but that doesn't work contract wise.

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

What if you add Ariza and keep Dekker?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  8. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

You are drunk if you think Dwight at this stage of his career is better then Drummond....

9. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

That'll get them closer but still nowhere enough. It would have to be like Ariza, Clint, Brewer, McDaniels, Ennis. Pistons would not want Ariza if they're re-building though.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

• Opponents have outscored Detroit by seven points per 100 possessions with both Jackson and Drummond on the floor -- a margin that would rank 29th among teams, per NBA.com. "Reggie came back," Van Gundy said, "and we've struggled ever since."

• Detroit has quietly explored the trade market for each of its franchise centerpieces, according to sources across the league, and come away disappointed with the potential return.
    • Jackson's personality has never absorbed easily into a team environment. He's both quiet and intensely self-confident. "In an ideal world, if I could run pick-and-roll on every play and it would lead to a championship, that's what I want," Jackson said. Teammates and coaches in Oklahoma City rolled their eyes at Jackson's habit of writing "SPG" and "HOF" -- for "starting point guard" and "Hall of Fame" -- on his shoes while serving as Russell Westbrook's backup.
    • Jackson has met privately with Van Gundy and wondered why he doesn't have the ball more in the fourth quarter, and whether he still has the confidence of the coaching staff. "Reggie and I talk every day," Van Gundy said. "I understand this is uncomfortable for him. But when we get a Reggie who is attacking and finishing better, the ball will be in his hands more."

• Van Gundy doesn't trust the team to improvise, either. He calls a set play after every opponent basket, and nixed a brief experiment allowing Jackson to direct the offense. (Some players have a hard time hearing Jackson when his mouthpiece is in.) "We are not a team that just comes up and plays in a flow," Van Gundy said.
    • Drummond was supposed to be the tentpole -- on both ends. It hasn't happened. The rim-running dunks come and go, and Drummond demands a heap of post-ups that usually end with a fading hook. This is not what the coaches want. Van Gundy is on Drummond to either back his way to the rim, or face up and drive -- a tactic Drummond might use more if he felt confident in his foul shooting.

• Van Gundy pushes Drummond hardest on defense, and the progress there just hasn't come. Drummond sags back in his comfort zone, but he's not the imposing deterrent he should be. He doesn't have the same intuitive sense of angles and timing as Rudy Gobert, DeAndre Jordan, and other behemoths who prefer to hang near the rim. Point guards pick him apart with pocket passes, and screeners slip behind him toward a naked rim. He'll leap to block shots that never come, and doesn't always work his way back into the action.
    • On too many nights, Drummond flat doesn't try hard enough. When Drummond parks himself in the paint, point guards just drive right at and around him. That's a trend to watch: Point guards have gotten so good attacking conservative defenses that the sit-back scheme might not work anymore unless you have an All-Defense-level guy like Gobert on the back line. Drummond occasionally sells out, and he doesn't look awkward switching onto smaller guys.

D-rock, seeingred, vator and 3 others like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

the difference bw those two is minimal. drummond is just younger with little experience. it's basically take your pick here

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Enlighten me than, tell me one aspect of the game which Drummond does better than Dwight (aside for grabbing one more rebound x game -> playing one minute more and next to Tobias Harris instead of Millsap), i'll wait.

And i'm not even a fan of Dwight lol, quite the opposite actually.

13. basketballholic

This post is drunk, high, and stupid.

Captain Hook likes this.
  14. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Sure,

He is a better finisher around the rim, better rebounder, more athletic, and right now he is a better post defender then Dwight because Dwight's game was always built off of athleticism and Dwight has slowly lost it.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Sad part is Dwight has slowly lost it and is still arguably just as good as Drummond

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

"better finisher" -> shoots worse (not even talking about fts)

"better rebounder -> same numbers (with Dwight playing next to a true PF and not a SF)"

"more athletic" -> i'll give you that -> for what it means...

"better post defender" -> totally disagree (just read J.R post above)

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Something tells me y'all have never been drunk before

Captain Hook likes this.
  18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Just read that Zach Lowe article on the Pistons. Makes me wonder which franchise is worse, Detroit or Orlando. Who lot of player mismanagement.

Yeah, and NO on Drummond and Jackson.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  19. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

what do you LOVE bout Drummond? And who do you propose we give up to get him?

20. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Teams would hack that drum so hard.