1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anderson is killing us...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Oct 23, 2017.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

its the managements fault first for giving him that ridiculous contract
    and its RAs fault for not living up to that contracted he negotiated for

happy?

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

At the end of the day the one receiving the money is Anderson and not management. The final responsibilty for his performance is still himself as he is the one playing on the court and missing shots. I dont understand what is absurd about it, werent you critical of Dwight before? If we apply your logic to Dwight then you shouldn't have criticized him because the one who signed him is Morey. So why are you blaming Dwight for being a prima donna? Everbody knew he had character issues, Dwightmare was already a thing before he joined the team.

So if you really believe that Anderson shouldnt be blamed for his poor play and for being overpaid, then you shouldnt be criticizing any player or coach in the league because the front office is the one who hired, drafted or traded for them. In fact you shouldn't even be blaming the FOs, it is all ownership's fault for hiring those FOs in the first place. This is how absurd your logic is, if this the case then employees wouldn't be fired for poor performance, their hiring managers would be the one fired for picking them instead.

As for Anderson he is not playing as good as his NO days because he is producing less. His FG% may be up but that's to be expected since he is now playing with Harden and 4 other spacers/3 pt shooters, it would be a joke if his FG didn't improve. The whole "we have more offensive options" is BS because last year only Harden and Gordon were better offensive options and Gordon came from the bench. Who else is a better offensive optiom than Anderson? Capela? Ariza? Bev? Gimme a break.

#582 roslolian, Dec 25, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  3. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Heres hoping home rhyno 0-2 points morphing to Road rhyno 21-30 points with minimal effort. :)

amaru likes this.
  4. vlaurelio

if thats really the case then might as well just coast & win 1/3rd or 18 of our remaining games to get 8th seed then be 100% injury-free and fresh to beat GSW on the road :D

Sidarma likes this.
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Wrong comparison. You are talking about character now, not ability. We don't blame a cripple for not being able to walk. But we do punish sexual predators. See the difference? Besides, I did think that signing Dwight has its risk. The management is responsible for that. I understand that it seemed to be an obvious signing at that time. While I also believe the Morey grossly overpaid Anderson, I understand the FA market at that time. Blaming Anderson to be an offensive player that he is not just because the team gave him lots of money is just absurd. I don't know why you can't see it. You keep think about ordinary salary and contract. But that's not what it is for NBA players. Salaries are not directly proportional to the players' productions. It's not a fair system. If you want that, don't follow the NBA,

o_O You would be the only one who does not think we have better offensive options than last season. And worse, you would be the only one who does not think we have better offensive options than the Pelicans. You don't think when Harden and Paul and Gordon are scoring more, Anderson would shoot less? Again, he is shooting less with higher efficiency. That's exactly what we want him to do to help Harden and company thrive.

DreamShook likes this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't get why you guys are even arguing about this anymore, i mean, i think it's pretty clear Anderson has to go at some point if we want to get better, as i said other times you cannot have a starter which will disappear from basically every home game going forward, to win you have to be at full force. But at the same time, until Ryan is here, just hope for him to do the best he can, everyone knows, or at least should know what is his problem, and it's not about being a p***y etc...if the Rockets can't solve that in any way there's really nothing much to b**** about.

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  7. vlaurelio

what higher efficiency?

he's actually less accurate this year compared to last year

and for the past 8 games, Anderson has been shooting

14 out of 47 overall 30%
    6 out of 26 from the three pt ln 23%

roslolian likes this.
  8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He plays much better with cp3 it’ll be fine

9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yes and it is now showing how bad this is affecting us. We should have been giving our bench guys alot more burn earlier in the season.

amaru likes this.
  10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

good lord he's been terrible the past couple weeks

ryano2009 likes this.
  11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Sucks.

s3ts likes this.
  12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I hate this scrub so much.

This coward is stealing money. Contributes absolutely nothing.

Mental midget just can't handle pressure.

The worst part is that we can't even trade him because everyone in the league knows he sucks as does his contract.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I like Anderson, but why does he keep passing up open shots?

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Because he is a coward and a mental midget.

The guy has only one skill set and only one job. Shoot. And he is afraid to do that.

What good is a shooter that is afraid to shoot open shots?

The guy passes open shots because he is afraid to miss.

Coward.

roslolian, J.R. and Mr. Space City like this.
  15. s3ts

s3ts Member

Dude was money from a high pnr. Now he's garbage there too.

Need more play makers who can create Rynos shot too. This isn't going to last if we can't even close out OKC without CP.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is so bad, what is TJones doing these days?

Maybe play Nene and Capela?

DD

17. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Time for a change

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Give Ryno the ball when he's not WIDE open (like nearest defender 10 feet away open) and he will panic, pump fake, pick up the ball and 50/50 throw the ball away.

roslolian, Drogba and Mr. Space City like this.
  19. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

This dude cant play....that is all.

roslolian likes this.
  20. s3ts

s3ts Member

I miss Lou man.

mac_got_this likes this.