1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anderson is killing us...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Oct 23, 2017.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the camera panned on him for a good 30 sec in pregame warmups when he was shooting J's. for some reason it only panned on his face so you couldn't see the actual shots. by his frustrated facial expressions you could tell he missed 4-5 J's in a row. this guy has head issues. some nights he's uber-confident and launches without a thought. and others he's super hesitant. the only constant with him is that the rest of his game is usually a detriment due to his physical limitations.

mac_got_this and s3ts like this.
  2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Might as well rest him on home games from here on

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

One thing I liked about Mchale is that he wasn't afraid to bench players that deserved it. I believe PJ has showed he should be our starting 4. Hopefully Pringles makes that change soon.

4. Dash

Dash Member

He sabotaging himself so rockets won't be able to trade him, smart man

ilias and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Dash

Dash Member

This guy hasn't had a good game since those LeBron to Houston rumors came out, don't think it's just a coincidence. Hard to be confident when he knows his time in Houston ends after this season

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Dude cant play basketball. Shoots 3's, tries hard on D, if he's missing the 3, he's trash. I'm over it. But I've BEEN over it, since before we signed him. He'll ball off again eventually. He'll suck again eventually. Just get me someone that can play the game.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You guys are euphoric in your anger.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What I don't get is they paid Anderson all this dough but they run 0 plays for him. If you are really trying to maximize Anderson's worth wouldn't you try to get him more shots? EGO gets plays called for him to get his shot off, but 0 for Anderson. Anderson's plays amount to him setting a screen and then hoping someone forgets to rotate.

You guys are so pissed that Anderson doesn't shoot more but he doesn't get the opportunity to shoot more.

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Defensively / Most Matchups do not go well with this guy but I agree with @DreamShook on Anderson really doesn't get any plays. He needs to either say **** it and shoot or complain to the coach?

I just feel he's on the level of Troy Daniels. Come in shoot threes, if you can't make it...... U FAILED!

I hope he has a hot streak during the playoffs. I don't trust Arizas shot.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You guys really going to let Melo brick his way to 24 points? come on guys! Disingenuous post. Post the FG% over that stretch too. In my pursuit of these OKC L's I've see Melo chuck from 2 and it wasn't pretty or helpful to the Thunder.

11. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Anderson's problem is the same as it's always been.
    If he's open, but not shooting well, he'll pass up open shots and allow defenses to reset.

He lacks the ball handling and athletic ability to drive to the basket on hard close outs by defenders which allows defenses to reset.
    He lacks the ball handling to get out of traps, so he's always at the elbows which allows his man to always hedge on any paint penetration.
    He lacks any inside presence so he's relegated to a floor spacer.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Anderson SUCKS, but Melo is a cancer....

DD

oelman44 likes this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If we had someone that could put the ball on the floor in that situation at the 4-spot, O LAWD, the possibilities. I thought Gallo would be fun. Anderson doesn't rebound (although he'll boxout) so you can pretty much put anyone at the 4 in this offense.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I wanted Patrick Patterson back.

DD

s3ts likes this.
  15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

PJ is just as streaky as Ryno and nowhere near as accurate. It's just not as noticeable because he shoots a lot less than Ryno.

But PJ obviously is a much better defender, and a slightly better rebounder.

My guess is that MDA still values Anderson's floor spacing abilities, which is extremely important for the effectiveness of Harden and CP3.

16. s3ts

s3ts Member

Anderson is good at running high pick-n-pop.

But if he's not hitting 3s on the roll, his value goes way down. A good example is when he's trying to nab mid-range Nowitzki shots, going up for a layup or 2 ft-er bank-shot. Defenders just hammer him on those plays.

It also depends on the refs. I've seen him get fouled playing closer to the basket, posting up or driving in.

And we all know those refs were wearing LAL jerseys under those shirts last night.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't even think it's about if he's hitting or not, it's about if he's gameplanned or not. If they put a decent defender on him and emphasize the closeout, game over.

18. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Ryno has no skills really outside of set 3s. He gets his chance but he is timid and when he is playing like crap they wisely get him the hell off the floor. He is Morey's biggest mistake and a bomb ready to go off on us if we don't get him out of here. I don't want to hear about his value any more or about spacing. This offense creates spacing by design with whoever is on the court. Ryno is a nice guy but you don't pay $20M for nice guys. If he had Tarik's contract we wouldn't care.

EGo plays defense. EGo can create his own shot and is not timid. EGo has all-star quality. EGo cares about picking Harden up and plays hard every night. EGo won the 6th Man Award. EGo has earned everything he has received and is well worth his contract. Ryno is none of those things. Don't compare EGo to Ryno.

People need to stop defending a bad decision just because the team is winning despite carrying an anchor. I love Morey who has been amazing but this was a horrible decision from the beginning because of the contract. No need to go through all the reasons. I could cite them here if I cared. It doesn't change reality.

19. s3ts

s3ts Member

I disagree. It's hard to stop that pick-n-pop. Been doing it for a long while, even the whole duration of last season.

The only problem is he's 24 ft from the hole. Hitting those shots are generally hard. And if you're hitting them, you can't stop us.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

and its pretty stupid to think that way. so just bc Tarik is making min money you don't care if he sucks or not. how does that even make sense. you actually sit there and say well hes only making $1mil so i dont care if he contributes or not. he can be total negative and its ok

MONON and DreamShook like this.