1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

And you all say that Dwight Howard is better than Yao???

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bigkstrong, May 16, 2010.

1. albuster

albuster Member

Brian Cook was also in the finals and even won a ring. Is he better than Yao?

2. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Yao is better than Howard period.

3. bongo33

bongo33 Member

Dwight Howard needs to learn post moves over the summer from the likes of Hakeem, Ewing or Robinson, then he can be truly called the best center.

All of you saying Yao is better, sure maybe when healthy, but right now Dwight is healthy and more durable making him more healthy. How many games has Howard missed over the span of his career? One or two. Who has lead his team to the finals? Dwight. Dwight has a better supporting cast? Yeah right maybe this year but last year Houston and Orlando were about equal in match ups. Also one on one match ups mean nothing, For example Vernon Maxwell vs. Jordan, Maxwell would usually dominate Jordan, but who was the better player? Jordan. Finally, all of you people saying Dwight gets easy match ups, I agree, for this year but last year they faced the Cavs and the Celts who I wouldn't count as "easy".

Basically what I'm trying to say is until Yao stays healthy for a year and puts up better overall numbers than Dwight then he is the better center. Also, OP and Yetti, are you Chinese? Because Chinese people seem to be the biggest YOFS ( Yao only fans)

4. ArtisGilmore

ArtisGilmore Member

How many summers have been the summer where Dwight was supposedly going to learn post moves and/or how to shoot free throws and come out the next year a 25 ppg scorer? Just about every summer since his second year or so. Yet look at the results, it hasn't gotten much better, today's game just magnifying the point. Ewing is already his coach, by the way.

Howard's been in the league 6 years, if he hasn't polished his post moves by now, he probably won't get much better in the future. His offensive numbers have not improved over the last 3 years.

5. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Look I love Yao, but DH12 is playing and Yao is on the bench...
    Enough said.

6. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

No one is denying that DH is more durable than Yao.

But if I was in DH shoes and I knew that there was a player that has been busting my ass every chance he's had to play against me, I would tip my cap and say I gotta step my game up.

It's not Yao's fault his body has betrayed him.

All he can do is bust DH's as every chance he gets...

7. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

hahahaha, Vince is carrying the Magic?? Please, did you even watch the first 2 rounds the Magic played in these playoffs? Go look up Howard's numbers in the first 2 rounds.

Why are we even coming up with these threads? Dwight is playing in the Conference finals and Yao is sitting in a chair. We also have no clue how Yao will play post injury. I bet a lot of people will be bashing him if he plays like crap next year.

8. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

Yeah, but if I was DH my last memory of Yao would be the last ass whooping he gave me...

9. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

I just LOL, DH is averaging 15/11 in the last 9 games in the playoffs. His numbers are only higher because Atlanta Hawks is one of the worst 50+ teams in this league.

The most dominate Center in the league is averaging 15/11 in the playoffs.....sigh.............

Our expectations of a dominate center are so low........

Yao isn't dominate because of his injuries
    DH is dominate by default because we have no choice as the rest of the Centers don't either have the supporting cast to showcase their skills(in the playoffs) or they are injured.

DH > Yao, but i hope in the next decade we see some better bigs because if i have to hear another OMG DH is so good, I am going to puke at the sheer fact our expectations of a dominate Center is averaging 15/11 in the playoffs.

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

You can pretty much throw out the first round numbers because he wasn't averaging his full MPG because of foul trouble (some of it was legit, a lot of it wasn't).

11. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Here comes the excuses. He was in foul trouble because he actually got the fouls.........o we should just throw it out because Fouls aren't part of the game......

Or more like Bobcats defended him better than the Atlanta Hawks and attacked DH when ever they had a chance, unlike the Hawks who avoided the point.....

15-11 the most dominate center in the league......

12. lokeej

lokeej Member

Yao is better than Howard! Only real advantage Howard has on Yao is that he's healthier. Other than that, Yao OWNS Howard EVERYTIME they face off. ;)

13. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Well that is about to change, next year I expect Dwight to dominate Yao in both games and any future meetings.

His injury is not something to shrug off and quite frankly if he injuries it 1 more time, he is going to retire.

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

How many ppg and rebs did yao avg vs the blazers last year?

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Its crazy that YOFs accuse Dh of having excuses when everyone single one of your arguments start with "IF Yao was healthy...".

He's not healthy, he's 30 years old, and he's coming of yet another leg surgery. What makes you think Yao is better than a healthy 24 year old athletic freak? Yao might have more skillz, however his health negates whatever "supposed" advantage he has.

16. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Is there anything more than need to be said than this? Last year when people were talking about him struggling vs boston,yet yao has struggled vs the same kendrick perkins. If not for brooks last year, yao would be a first round virgin like tracy.

17. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Only on a Rockets board can this debate even take place. On any other board people picking Yao over Superman would get laughed at.

18. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Yao is definitely better then Howard and has more experience if they are playing:

[​IMG]

19. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

ROFL

Your comment failed, my comment was about DH dominating Yao in the future. Nothing about Points and Rebounds for the Blazers game.

Nor did i say Yao is dominate........damn you guys travel in packs. You forgot the typically your a YOF quote.........

20. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

ROFL again.......my comment was about us praising DH as the most dominate Center in the league who averages 15/11 for the playoffs........

I never said Yao was dominate, go search my post.

Damn you Yao haters travel in packs..............

I guess saying DH > Yao isn't good enough but because I make a negative quote on DH, it means I am a YOF.

DH averaging 15/11 in the playoffs and half of you are jumping on the bandwagon over hype fan on what defines a dominate Center.........

Ben Wallace + 1 = Today's DH............