1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

And you all say that Dwight Howard is better than Yao???

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bigkstrong, May 16, 2010.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

lol

10char.

2. anchel

anchel Member

Yao's is a better offensive player than Howard. Fronting? :Rashard Lewis.

Howard's game is based on intensity, strength, athleticism. 80% of RS games are not played with 100% intensity. When you excel thanks to those qualities, you suffer more the playoffs defenses, because everybody gives his 110% in playoffs, everybody plays rough and thick; you don't stand out no more with physical material, or at least not at that level. Fundamentals, skills, technical talent, IQ, this is more realiable and has more power in playoff basketball. Bryant - Lebron; Howard - Yao; Howard - Gasol...

Yao is more skilled, has great post repertoire. Displays great touch with both hands, has hook shots, turnaround jumpers, FT shooting... better fundamentals, better passer, better IQ and feel for the game... BETTER PLAYER. He can respond better against different defenses because has more resources. Making the best decision, choosing the correct move, and running it as he knows.

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

This is a knee-jerk thread. Yao has bad games like this too. They are very close but I would go with Howard. Durability is just so important, plus even though he had a bad game today, his defensive impact today is as good as Yao's ever was.

4. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

why don't we wait til next season for these threads? we still don't know how Yao will play post injury and DH just had a bad offensive game. it isn't really fair to either of them to make that comparison right now.

5. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

DH is prime Ben Wallace + 1. Meaning better offensive skills

Other than that DH is better than Yao because of his impact on D and he is injury free(meaning he has plenty of time to showcase his skills)

Sad thing is we may never see a good comparison again.

But DH limit is his age. As he gets older, his body won't respond as fast, he won't be like those Centers like Dream who still can bring it in their 30's. If he can't develop a post move as he gets older, things don't look good.

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Did I miss something? I guess yao destroyed boston and i missed it. I guess he destroyed a young jazz teamand i missed that one too. All i know is howard is dpoy and 1st team all nba and in the conf finals again.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Howard vs Celtics since 07/08:

7-4 W/L, 38 mpg, 16.4 ppg, 14.2 rpg, 3.5 bpg, .557% shooting

Yao vs Celtics since 07/08:

1-2 W/L, 35 mpg, 17.7 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 0.7 bpg, .494% shooting

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

chinese?

9. abc2007

abc2007 Member

TT was almost Yao's private coach. He knows every move of Yao. It's not a surprise that the celtics can defend Yao well.

btw, how many games did the celtics wothout KG play against the magic?

10. Chamillionaire

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i think everyone, or at least everyone on this site knows the answer to this question.

11. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mFppQfs75Ro&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mFppQfs75Ro&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aZjKdNRSKNA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aZjKdNRSKNA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hd4QtXddjeM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hd4QtXddjeM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

12. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

dwight howard has been to the nba finals. holla @ me when yao even reaches the conference finals.

13. SkillzThatKillz

Vince is carrying the Magic this post-season, not Dwight... I'm rooting for Magic this year, but Yao is hands down a better player than Howard. There's video to prove it. ^^^^

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If we swapped dwight howard and yao would the rockets be sitting at home this year.

15. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

If Yao could stay healthy, there is not question who would be the guy but that's the issue isn't it? No way you could say Yao is better simply because he just can't be trusted to say healthy, attendance counts.

16. Tuan

Tuan Member

Maybe I am missing too, but DH teams have been WAY better than Yao's.

17. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Derek Fisher has been to five NBA Finals, and won four of them. holla @ me when Chris Paul even reaches the conference finals

Fisher > Paul

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The second best player on their team last year was Hedo.

19. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

fixedd

20. Mr. Space City

people bringing up yao and dwight head to head match ups are bringing up a null comparison.

they both play in completely different conferences so yao vs dwight head to head does not matter unless BOTH make it to the nba finals to face each other and the rockets haven't been to he western conference finals since 1997.