1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

An affordable all electric vehicle for under $12k

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaDakota, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

https://www.eliomotors.com/

I'd be scared to death to drive either of these things on big city freeways. Maybe out in the country, but then I'd probably get my ass kicked for driving one. So, yeah ...

CCity Zero and Two Sandwiches like this.
  3. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Not sure why the shot video in Portland. it would only be useful for the 30 days of the year without rain there.

4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'm gonna go look at p*rn and drive around in my bronco to feel a bit less ghey

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It looks like fun, but god help you if you get hit by a motorcycle, much less a car. Looks interesting, though. I'll stick with my electric bike for now, but if you get one (when it actually comes out), be sure and give us updates. It's easy to imagine some of those tooling around Austin.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What? I was not a MAKER of Gizmondo - this is irritating because so many of my friends and I lost money and a good amount of our work there.

Our company was bought by Gizmondo, and when the CEO stole 50m and ran away we all got screwed - so thanks for that little slice of heaven reminder.

Next time, I may just call out your real name just for fun.

DD

#26 DaDakota, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    Bandwagoner likes this.
  7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

That thing will never get you laid.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Maybe not, but it will get you to and from work.

DD

9. what

what Member

I don't see anybody buying this. They are about 6 years too late. Smart cars are moving out of the US market because gas is so affordable now. They will still sell electric cars but this thing is so niche, it's like the Segway.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I would buy one right now.

Is there an electric vehicle in this price range available right now?

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

For those saying that it's "too late" for this critter because gas prices are so "low," they won't stay low forever. Whether it will be successful or not is something we'll have to wait on, but I don't think gas prices will have a major impact on sales. It'll sell because of the "cool" factor and the environmental factor, at least in Austin, if it ever goes on sale here. I could see riding one with a chick to Downtown from where I live out in Southwest Austin. It would be easier to park than my mid-sized SUV, and probably safer than a motorcycle, unless the bike's a 3 wheeler, in my opinion. Assuming it's well made, of course. Kind of hard to tell how well made it is from the video.