1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Amick] Rockets still pursuing lebron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

People shouldn’t label Houston as such a Hail Mary in lieu of PG decision last night and stalemate between LA and SA on Kawhi. Lebron’s current options are “hope” L.A. can surround him with talent, stay in Cleveland and lose to GS, or start taking a harder look at other potential super teams. Cap problems in Htown? I’ve always maintained that if Lebron has a will, there will be a way. I would imagine there’s a reason Rockets brass were in LA last night and it was not Gerald Green

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is depressing lmao

thedreamsteam likes this.
  3. TheRedRocket

TheRedRocket Member

Rox are meeting with LBJ tonight. Not sure if that gotten out there yet.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  4. esketit

esketit Member

probably a lot going on here that most of you are having a hard time understanding

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

What kind of sauce is this?

BigMaloe, Reeko, DonKnock and 8 others like this.
  6. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Verlander is on Clutchfans?!?

DonKnock and luckyman76 like this.
  7. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I am 100% in the belief that LBJ is going to LA after not opting in but this is beginning to look very suspicious. If he doesn't announce LA today, and should have already, it makes me think he has told LA Kawhi or else. I don't think they can do the deal and I am 100% sure he is leaving Cleveland. It would be crazy but if he by some hilarious miracle does not go to LA I do believe he comes here and we keep Capela. I believe on 1+1 deals with a FA you are eligible not for full Bird Rights but for a 120% raise so if you sign a deal for lower than max you can get it back next year if you are close enough. I may be wrong. If LBJ wants to come here after all of this I don't think he and Chris let this get ruined over a few million they can get back later. We have already proven to CP3 he will get max from us with deal. If he took less we could still give him 5 year deal reworked to make up for losses. He still gets his 160M or more one way or another. NEW MATH

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The return of the Lerbon!!!

DonKnock likes this.
  9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I usually don't visit other forums but if we end up getting LeBron, after they missed out on PG and CP, and after Dwight rejected them a few seasons back to come here....

...I think I will have a sneak peak at the Lakers forum.

10. Deuce Rings

Exactly. Now with that said, Lebron talking to Philly (and Houston tonight if true) could very likely be a tactic to force Lakers to sell farm and expedite Kawhi trade, but take too long and other possibilities come into play.

11. BigDikNENE

BigDikNENE Member

do you mean MCW?

BigMaloe, Rox_Mayhem, izeroi and 3 others like this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Offer Lebron the MLE since he **** the bed by opting out of his deal. If he won't take it, walk away.

DonKnock and Stormy1234 like this.
  13. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

#New Math!

DonKnock and Stormy1234 like this.
  14. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

anyone can explain how? with MLE or vet min? do we still have reasonable scenario to trade him?

15. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Anderon (3rd team most likely), Gordon, draft picks, international players

16. TheRedRocket

TheRedRocket Member

Nope. Just to be clear chances are waaaay slim contrary to what you may hear from Holic. It would take a bunch of moves but supposed could be done in theory. I would NOT get your hopes up

chievous minniefield likes this.
  17. Deuce Rings

18. cardpire

cardpire Member

is there a filter available to block anybody who doesn't want to lose clint capela for lebron james?

adw likes this.
  19. illwil29

illwil29 Member

All signs point to the rockets think LBJ is a possibility. Gerald green was signed for very cheap it seems like if he had other suitors. Ariza gone and he was the one player I thought the Rockets could not lose. He was the defensive guy that had heart. He would just do the little things that went unnoticed. Luc has not even been looked at right now. LBJ signs here for cheap I mean he could live off his endorsements for the rest of his life so why not. I’m not getting my hopes up and everyone may blast me for salary cap, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was pulled off.

Communist likes this.
  20. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

Rockets in LA to meet with Capela.

Maybe Lebron will crash the party.

DonKnock likes this.