1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amick: Rockets pushing to trade for Iggy, hope to sign Chandler, no longer working to extend coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 12, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kendrick wants to be on the assistant coach team.

justtxyank and Rudyc281 like this.
  2. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Man if we could get Covington back, I would have a hard time finding a team that could beat us.

bilaal14, D-rock, jch1911 and 3 others like this.
  3. valorita

valorita Member

Iggy for buyout min?
    No brainer.

Iggy for assets + heavy luxury ?
    Let’s see.
    Aging player who relies heavily on athleticism and can’t shoot, and is on last legs.

Now that we have Westbrook and we are all in, there is less room for error in risks

#283 valorita, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    amaru, Shark44 and matchesmalone like this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Man i can't really take a definitive side on this Iguodala trade...cause, from one point of view, the more i think about it the more it probably becomes a hard pass for me if we have to trade a 1st for him (if not more), and even if i don't care about the tax, i'm not sue i would blame Tilman if he's not willing to pay like 20 extra millions just for him.

Also, during the season some good enough wing could become available eventually, although we should resign Shumpert to be able to trade for a double digit contract so...Tilman would've to pay at some point anyway.

On the other hand, if we don't trade for him he'll likely end up in L.A, and this is basically the only reason why i'm not completely sold on pull ourselves out of this.

topfive and D-rock like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rather have Erman.

justtxyank likes this.
  6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I'm all for getting Iggy but only if we can do it without losing a rotation player.

Considering he makes 17 million, a trade would be tough without losing a rotation player. That means a buyout is the only way, but I have a feeling he wouldn't pick the Rockets after a buyout... I could be wrong, though.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we already replaced our 5 firings with 1 hired coach. tilman done now gotta save up for the 3rd chopper

vick, D-rock and justtxyank like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Morey authorized to go into the tax buttttttttttt it doesn’t matter because it won’t happen in the end. lmfao.

pippendagimp likes this.
  10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Well, to be fair, going into the tax for a player that doesn't move the needle is pointless for everyone. What else are you wanting them to say and do here??

D-rock likes this.
  11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not wasting multiple opportunities like they have and not publicly saying otherwise would be a nice start!

Sure, something may still happen. I hope it does. But there were players that moved the needle. They chose not to pursue, and here we are.

vick likes this.
  12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Mind naming which ones you think were actually available to us, and which ones we realistically could have gotten?? Guys like JaMychal Green and Aminu signed for more than we could afford. Someone like Jerami Grant was traded into a TE which allowed OKC to take back $0 in salary. The vet min guys that are out there currently (Vince, JR, Jamal, Luc, etc) don't want to fight for a roster spot in camp, so our team isn't attractive to them. I just don't think it's as easy or straight-forward as a LOT of posters on this board are making it out to be.

cbass, topfive and LFE171 like this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

We're currently sitting on 9 trade exceptions totaling over $15M. Unfortunately, the biggest is $3.6M, which we got when we dumped Brandon Knight, and the rules say that while you can combine TEs in a single trade, you CAN'T combine them for a single player.

D-rock, Fyreball and amaru like this.
  14. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Why do poeple have such a stick up their a** over tax. shut up dude...

The moves being discussed here doesnt warrant the Rockets paying tax...why in the hell would they do it for a damn near washed up iggy..... when he will almost certainty will be bought out.

This is a business for all the r****ded folks here who don't understand risk and reward and return and upside and downside. GOD MAN.

amaru likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

well according to this, it doesn't look like it. atleast any time soon

why would they do it? well it seems they do think hes worth it

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Because having salaries that can be packaged in trades is important if the Rockets are going to add to their roster in order to win a championship. It's why letting Shumpert walk would be stupid. Filling out the roster with more talented role players that may have slightly larger salaries is more beneficial than filling it out with minimum players who are unlikely to contribute. Obviously you are going to have a few minimum guys, and that's fine, but we have opportunities to get better players as well. Iguodala, for example, is still an elite defender, which is something the Rockets could certainly use! I hope that is something that materializes, despite the price tag.

You can say it's r****ded to want the Rockets to spend what it takes to win a championship. I guess that's one way to look at it. I, however, hope they do.

YOLO likes this.
  17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Memphis can really go screw themselves. Right @what ?

J Sizzle likes this.
  18. amaru

amaru Member

Or they think some team is stupid enough to offer them a FRP for a declining Iggy

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

certainly sounds like it when clutch says the asking price is high. they're obviously in that mode and will be for the foreseeable future

20. amaru

amaru Member

Shumpert is an UFA. The Rockets can’t “let” him do anything. Hence the “it takes 2 to tango” tweet from clutch.

biff17 likes this.