1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amick: Rockets pushing to trade for Iggy, hope to sign Chandler, no longer working to extend coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 12, 2019.

1. thekad

thekad Member

That would put the Tilman deeper into the LT. Why would anyone even think that would happen? Much more likely the Rockets end up ducking the tax again.

smoothie and Gray_Jay like this.
  2. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

what assets?

3. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

if only there was some other way to score besides shooting from the outside, rockets could have a real chance

4. bmd

bmd Member

I really don't want Iguodala since Paul was traded for Westbrook. A combination of Paul and Iggy would have been fine. But I don't like pairing Westbrook with Iguodala.

ilias and Gray_Jay like this.
  5. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

agreed, losing eg straight up for iggy would be a bad deal

Gray_Jay and diehardrockets like this.
  6. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

I hate to agree with this, but especially since WB's deal is identical to Paul's, except for an additional player option year at 47 ish million.

I thought the Rockets could duck the repeater, even if they went into the tax last year, provided they dumped Paul by the trade deadline on his final year. I thought they had a decent chance at it. Now that they have Russ with his longer contract, I think it's conceivable they again try to duck the tax this year. Which means renouncing Shump, ignoring adding someone like RoCo, not extending Gordon (especially if it'll cost 60 over 3), etc, et f$%/&king cetera.

Relativist likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Iggy and Bruno OR Crowder and Bruno.

Either way, let's get Bruno back.

8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Something didn't feel right with the closing press conference. I don't see Westbrook as a D'Antoni kind of player and I don't think D'Antoni approved or was discussed with about the trade either.
    It really wouldn't surprise me if D'antoni quits. Igoudala now? I wouldn't getting him as an addition to come off the bench but there has to be younger versions with a better three point shot that we can acquire.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

MDA coached Russ just fine on Olympic team.

RyanB likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, Olympic Melo did not exist really.....

Folks are arguing about the Olympic games where the US Allstar teams were disposing of lesser Bball nations (other than a handful good teams).

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You are wrong …. Rockets wouldn't be hard capped in that scenario - the team taking Shumpert on would.

On top of that they could make the Westbrook / CP3 swap a 3 team deal and take back $48,233.m which would leave them needing to add $9.626m to cover the incoming salaries of both Westbrook & Iggy.

That figure is well below the BYC for Shumpert and a little more than Half what Memphis is on the hook for with Iggy and any buy out deals. That's a difference of $7.374m they save in the swap and can still buy out or trade Shump.

#191 Corrosion, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    jch1911, D-rock and smoothie like this.
  12. JW86

JW86 Member

Iggy and Westbrook, probably not going to work.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Melo was also over the hill when we got him, Russ still in his prime.

In either case, going to give MDA and Russ the benefit of the doubt.

Not going to have a stroke about it now.

Gray_Jay, smoothie and daywalker02 like this.
  14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Why not?

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

need more shooting around WB imo

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I heard we were trying to get Korver but Philly was in the lead. Iggy I think is good for guarding the Lebron's and Kawhi's... somebody to help Tucker out.

D-rock likes this.
  17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

in the starting lineup, yes. in general I don't mind adding iggy as a backup 3/4.

18. Rockets Rule

Rockets Rule Contributing Member

shumpert... clark.....

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Defensive players

25 yr old Capela would be the youngest.
    26 yr old Rivers

30 yr old Gordon
    36 yr old Iggy
    34 yr old PJ Tucker
    37 yr old Tyson Chandler

The Forward spot is way too important to be adding those dinosaurs.

20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

this is very much needed since letting Ariza and Moute walk.

there are a lot of options for defensive length on the wing. from most to least expensive:

OPJ
    iggy
    covington
    Roberson
    crowder
    holiday
    Sefolosha

OJP is too overpaid but would be perfect otherwise. we can't afford him. Roberson can't shoot so not a great pairing with rus. the. Memphis is asking too much (FRP) for iggy on a 1 year rental when he only plays 20mpg. I'm sure the asking price for covington is high. if Morey knows how valuable he is, then so does gersson. is he worth spending our last two picks? maybe. he's the 3rd highest defensive impact in the league behind Gobert and dray. I don't think morey pays that price though.

I'm left thinking about crowder for a second round pick and NG contracts. he could fit into the Westbrook trade of +25% salary, or if we package most of our NG guys we can acquire him separately. holiday and Sefolosha may sign for the minimum.