1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Amick] Paul George "hellbent" on Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

The east man wtf. Durant man why did you not go to the east. All these ****ers are ruining everything

Caesar likes this.
  2. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

looks at the lakers books

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

3. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

The Lakers suck. Why would Paul George choose to suck? Seriously though I really really liked Paul George. He'd be an absolutely perfect Beta beside Harden. But looks like he's rather suck it up with the Lakers than play relevant basketball. I mean I get it. If I were any good I'd wanna play for the Rockets but damn the Lakers are trash lol

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Wasn't Kevin Love heading to the lakers too?

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

If I was George I'd be trying to lobby for a trade to Washington. It's a shame they weren't able to pull that off mid-season. A deal centering around Otto Porter and picks might make a lot of sense. The Wizards with a big three of George, Wall and Beal could potentially be contenders in the East. I don't like pairing him with a chucker like IT in Boston and I don't see what the Raptors could even offer.

If he is going to come out West, the only destinations I see that make sense are San Antonio, Houston, possibly the Clippers, and maybe Portland? New Orleans possibly if the Pacers would be interested in swapping George for Boogie. A George/Davis pairing would be much better than Boogie/Davis.

I cannot, for the life of me, understand why in star player in his prime would want to move to join the Lakers at this time.

6. Moleb

Moleb Member

he wanted to get literally as far away from Lebron James as possible.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

HaHa, this is funny. I may ask to return to the East right after his new Lakers are going to be beaten badly by GS, Spurs, Rockets, Jazz etc.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Indy better trade him before they get left hanging like OKC did with Durant

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep lol, my same thoughts...even though, that's probably what i hope since if they trade him i don't see us having a chance to land him...but as a free agent well, that's another story.

Reeko likes this.
  11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If Pritchard has free reign and brings the same mojo to the Pacers he had with the Blazers, you can count on it.

He will not repeat Presti's mistake. For one: PG is a very good player but you don't bet the franchise on him like KD.

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lol remember when harden durant and Westbrook were going to re join on the lakers?

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

we definitely have a much better chance of signing him as a free agent than trading for him, that's for sure

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

will be interesting to see what they do

they should just bite the bullet and see what they can get for him soon

PG re-signing in a small market place like Indy to play for a mediocre team for the rest of his prime is not something I see happening, especially if he doesn't end up qualifying for that designated extension

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sam Amick:

The NBA announced on Thursday that the Indiana Pacers small forward did not make any of the All-NBA teams voted on by media members, thereby eliminating the possibility he could be given a five-year, $207 million supermax extension this summer that could have kept him from skipping town. Except for one thing: George, who could have done that deal anytime between July 6 to the start of the regular season if he had qualified, wasn’t likely going to sign that deal right away anyways.

Why? Because this isn’t just about the money. It’s about winning. And if he can’t win at the highest level in Indiana, where the four-time All-Star has been since the Pacers drafted him 10th overall back in 2010, then it’s off to Laker Land he’ll go – either via trade or in free agency next summer.

According to a person with knowledge of George’s thinking who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the situation, the money doesn’t matter nearly as much to him as most might assume. Yes, there’s a gap of more than $70 million between the five-year deal the Pacers could have given George and the four-year deal he could get from other teams in free agency next summer. And yes, the possibility still exists that – if George made an All-NBA team next season – the Pacers could still give him a supermax next offseason (or, of course, run the massive risk of losing him for nothing in free agency).

George finds himself more focused on legacy than ever. And whether it’s realistic or not, the 27-year-old who grew up idolizing Bryant in Palmdale, Calif. clearly believes he can lift the Lakers out of the darkness. The question now, it seems, is whether the Lakers will have the necessary patience and prudence on their end to make the most of their situation.

Tempting though it might be to speed up this process, to offer the Pacers their No. 2 pick in the upcoming draft and other obligatory pieces in exchange for George rather than add a young dynamo like UCLA’s Lonzo Ball, the truth is they can’t afford to give up those kinds of assets. Especially when the message has been so clearly sent throughout the NBA that George wants to head their way two summers from now.

The Pacers could trade George elsewhere, especially to a place like Boston where they could use the No. 1 pick for a major upgrade at small forward, and the Lakers would be left hoping that George’s love affair with their franchise doesn’t dissipate along the way. But heavy odds are against it, and the summer of 2018 could turn into a Lakers bonanza if their plan fell into place.

George is not only an elite talent but also wildly popular among his fellow NBA stars. With Magic running the Lakers show, George would be a purple-and-gold magnet who would likely convince others like him to come along. That possibility was strong before, and even moreso now that George missed his shot at this massive payday.​

Vivi likes this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

So, what if it turns out that George is dumber than Cousins?

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Man . . . . . looks like the Lakers will bend over Indy . . . . maybe not a nets celtics deal
    but . . . . they won't give away ANYTHING of value

I don't know why he think he will win more in Laker Land than in the east but . . . .

Does him being in LA make them a Top 6 team in the West?

Rocket River

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don't even think the Lakers make the playoffs with only the addition of PG...they will need another star or 2-3 more above average veteran players