1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Amick] Paul George "hellbent" on Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

plus they have Corey Brewer . . .

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

If I'm Bird I'm trading PG this summer for some of that young talent Fakers have. As it stands the Pacers are very average but they old as hell. They could get young and good relatively quickly especially in the East. I also think Magic is under pressure to win this year and and not tank again so I think he would pull the trigger to secure PG. Randle, Clarkson, and Swaggy P would be a decent haul.

I like the Pacers and their fans, I hope Bird can pull this off.

3. the shark

the shark Member

If the Lakers know PG wants to come there why would they trade away these assets? Why not just wait until he becomes a FA. The Lakers are still a ways away from being a contender so there shouldn't be a rush. Thus they can sit and wait.

roslolian, Yung-T and saleem like this.
  4. hakeemthagreat

Reminds me of the Melo situation. Could've came here and been in a better position to win, but chose the $$$ & bright lights of NY smh. What he's not factoring in is when the Lakers still suck with him there, the national media will blame HIM for them sucking. Everything will be on the shoulders of George similar to Melo. Even though NY sucking is not entirely Melo's fault

Pen15clubber and roslolian like this.
  5. ipaman

I said why, Magic might fell pressure to win this year and not tank another. Also as a first year president, typically those guys want to make their mark year one. Any GM/President could tank for another year but he's not just any President/GM. It also let's you get your big star in the building now so other good midrange, role players, are attracted as FAs. Plenty of incentive to get it done now and also plenty of pressure to do something big now.

Bird is in a great position (PG not an FA & Magic urgency) and if he plays this right, Pacers could get good and for a long time.

6. the shark

the shark Member

I don't see Magic feeling pressure and making a panic move. One of the reasons they suck right now is making panic moves and giving out horrible contracts. This is just my opinion but I think Magic feels VERY confident that he'll be able to convince super star FA to come to the Lakers. It's one of the main reasons why he took the job, and why Jeanie Buss hired him. I think he wants to add a few big time FA to the core of Randle, Russell, Ingram and this years 1st rd pick.

If he could get away with maybe trading just one of Randle, Russell or Ingram for PG maybe he pulls the trigger.

roslolian, Yung-T and saleem like this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

The Lakers are also still tied for 3 years with those albatross contracts on Mozgov and Deng...lol

Pen15clubber likes this.
  8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Indy gets D'angelo russell/covington/top3 pick

Lakers get george/mcconnell

Philly gets randle/brewer

Who says no

9. ipaman

I disagree that they have no problem sucking again next year. They've been stuck in a long suckfest now.

But I agree with you that they value their young core but that's why my trade only had Randle involved. I added Clarkson (good young combo guard) & Swaggy P (just for LOLs) to complete the trade.

10. the shark

the shark Member

I don't think it's that they don't have any problem with sucking next year, but just that they're improving and to have a better idea what they have with that young core. I've heard Magic speak numerous times about these young guys and that the jury is still out on them. I do agree with you that if the Pacers would take just Randle of that core along with a few other complimentary players that it would definitely behoove Magic to pull the trigger to get PG now.

It will certainly be interesting to see how it plays out.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Would also be interesting to see the moving pieces in a George to L.A trade, cause if i'm Bird i'd ask Ingram in any trade scenario for George. Russell and Randle are big talents but i don't trust them as a big time players in the long run, they doesn't look very smart on and off the court tbh...Ingram on the other hand...yeah, he's definitely the guy i'm going to ask them in a trade. And he's probably the only one they'll try to keep in any scenario lol

Also, Indiana still has Teague (expiring), if they're happy with him they may be already set at the pg, he's 28 so, not young but not old either, he's in his prime now basically, the thing here is that they should pay him this summer, and personally i wouldn't be a fan if he's going to ask around 20x...which is very likely. Add that Randle is not a stretch 4 and Bird wants a stretch 4...Thaddeus Young is more a stretch 4 than Randle...

Overall they've a lot of young veterans (Teague, Young, Lance, Miles, Monta, Jefferson), that's why i wonder if Bird will go in full rebuild or if he'll be also ok in eventually making some sort of quick rebuild around Turner adding good players which fit the system he wants to play regardles of age.

#51 Vivi, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the Lakers should stay away from PG. Keep rolling with Ingram and keep collecting picks.

Deal DeAngelo, Clarkson and Randle and whatever else for picks. They are NOT franchise players, as much as I like Randle.

13. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

The guy need go to Boston to win something. What is he thinking to go to LA? Just for the night clubs, I think Boston should have enough for him.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Contracts so horrific that Jeanie Buss even s***canned her brother (along with Mitch Kupchak).

I mean, seriously; if you don't get difference-making stars, trade for expiring worthless players and draft picks. You don't sign the ambulatory corpses of Dung and Molotov....er, Deng and Mozgov.

malakas, Vivi and J.R. like this.
  15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

They even announced both guys would sit the final 15-20 games so the youngsters could get experience.

16. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Why not? He's going to a team he grew up idolizing and a city he grew up in.

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Good good.

Magic will trade him to us at the trade deadline.

18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Well because fuuck the Lakers for one. For 2? He doesn't care about winning

19. Nook

Nook Member

everyone assumes Paul George is the player he was 3 years ago - he isn't and he won't be. His defense at one time was on par with Leonard. It has consistently eroded.

Second if George really cared about winning, he wouldn't want to join one of the worst teams in the NBA. By the time the Lakers are title worthy, George won't be a big part of them getting there.

George has never been a good teammate and isn't a leader. A good leader doesn't poke his bigmans wife. A good leader doesn't tell him current teammates he wants to play for another team.

George going to the Lakers doesn't change the landscape of the NBA. He can battle Denver for the 9th seed. George to SA or HOU would make a difference; where he can be a #2... but he doesn't really care about winning as much as other things.

malakas, the shark and J.R. like this.
  20. theh

theh Member

Lakers.

No way they trade brewer.

BigMaloe likes this.