1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Amick BOMB) - Rockets may pursue Westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Jul 7, 2019.

1. amaru

amaru Member

I think it would but I don’t see us getting either player. I don’t see Iggy believing in us enough to sign and I could see RoCo ending up elsewhere. Honestly, the most likely scenario involves us failing to get any of the three previously mentioned players.

2. amaru

amaru Member

The player who caught the lob in this clip no longer exists.

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The funniest part of this video is you actually able to find a clip with 2 hall of famers played with Harden and both are fading to the sunset of their careers, it’s so laughable about using this clip to show off ‘CP3’s athleticism’ as similar to saying Dwight was such a bad defender in his days playing for the Magics who got blown by and dunked by such a tiny PG.

4. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Three point guards, a center, and whatever Tucker is. Might be odd but that is a lot of talent on the floor.

sammy likes this.
  5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Well then get rid of the gm or mda

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Yeah sure thats 115m in just those 3 pgs alone

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Regardless of if we go for him or not , I'd rather the media( and our front office) stop throwing our guys names around in trades .

It's just distasteful imo

8. jacoby

jacoby Member

When has the media ever been tasteful?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  9. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Lakers have no young talent other than Kuzma anymore and he’s not enough to pick up CP3.

Problem with dealing CP3 for Westbrook is that OKC doesn’t want CP3 and any 3rd or 4th team that could help facilitate a trade by taking CP3, would probably rather have Westbrook instead.

Which basically means having to trade Capela and Gordon to get Westbrook...which makes no sense. Maybe, if you could pull Jarrett Allen away from the Nets or a decent center somewhere else, you could think about it, but I’m not sure I’d rather have Westbrook over Capela and Gordon.

10. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Well for sure we have the ability to go get Iggy or roco if we’re willing to part with multiple picks. Whether DM will do it or hold onto the picks for another move is the question. It’s not really about whether they want to play here or not. They aren’t free agents. It’s the asking price for those players. With WB you have to give up players. With Iggy or RoCo, you have to part with only Shump and picks.

11. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

i’m ok with WB...but there will be lots a problems after dat..starting C of course, and the 3pt gunner..how can u trade EG if there’s no replacement and our plays are majorly 3pt chucking

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

34 yo Chris Paul for 30 yo Westbrook

I guess it makes sense on that basis.

13. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

PG- CP3
    SG- Westbrook
    SF- Harden
    PF- Tucker
    C- ???