1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Amick BOMB) - Rockets may pursue Westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Jul 7, 2019.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lol

N2bnfunn likes this.
  2. jayfree

jayfree Member

The only way this move makes since if feeling Westbrook would finally be able to break Harden of his constant isolation plays and share the ball more. The downside is Westbrook would get the ball the other half of the time.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Disagree. You would just trade isolation plays between the two, which is what they do with slow CP3 now. Ok will never take on CP3 contract for Westbrook without huge incentives to do so.

bmelo and jayfree like this.
  4. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trade for Gallinari and be done with this mess.

5. jayfree

jayfree Member

Well if we trade Capela for him then we should put Westbrook at Center (We will need his rebounding) ;)

6. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I posted this is another thread where we reroute Westbrook and CP3 to star desperate teams without assets to offload bad contracts. Miami would work in place of LA for CP3. I would not want to pay any price for unloading CP3 and take back max talent and salary so LAL. 4 team trade with 3 being Hou, OKC, LAL. This worked with Toronto as 4th team but I like Wash better. It requires waiting until 12/15. It is difficult to consummate because of roster spots but LAL gets CP3 and mins, Hou gets the goodies of Beal and OKC good players, OKC gets picks, expirings and dumps ton of salary. Requires Rockets to resign Nene and Shumpert to S&T contracts.

7. shlhl

shlhl Member

Thinking same thing and we are better off if somehow to get Gallinari

8. amaru

amaru Member

Most of CF’s reactions to this vs me. We aren’t winning with this current core and unless we shake it up, we’ll lose Harden sooner rather than later. Once that happens we are irrelevant once again. This is a high variance move to be sure but what other options are out there?

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If he could stay healthy. Dude has missed a lot of games.

amaru likes this.
  10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If you could just swap CP and Brody id be all for it but gutting the team only to have a 40M backup PG running the 2nd unit is not a wise way to team build.

Either CP3 straight up for Brody maybe with some peripheral stuff mixed in or no deal.

11. BigBum

BigBum Member

Let's be honest.
    When you have both Paul and Westbrook contracts, nothing is movable. Nothing can be improved. It is dead.

vlaurelio and astros123 like this.
  12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Westbrook for CP3 and a future 1st is something I would do.

PeterKingX likes this.
  13. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

GOD I CANNOT WAIT.... my 2nd fav player in the NBA with my 1st.

They are going to set the NBA on fire.

14. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Maybe if you gave OKC 3 more 1sts they would do it.

bmelo likes this.
  15. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I’m not convinced we need to do a high risk/high reward/high variance move. I would have said yes had the warriors remained in tact or if Kawhi went to the Lakers. But I don’t think the clippers are run away favorites. This current team has proven more than capable against arguably the best team in history. It remains to be seen how they fair against the clippers and improved jazz, but I don’t know if a high risk move is wisest anymore.

Are you that sure we’re that far behind the clippers to make such a risky move?

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

Not sure how I feel about adding WB but if we do, then CP3 has to be moved. Can’t see WB/CP3/JH all coexisting together.

But just for kicks if we were to add WB and move CP3, it would be interesting to see JH at the 1 and WB at the 2 (which I think is his more natural position). I think WB being set up by a player like JH would be better for his carrier.

Of course this means we would have to get rid of all the iso and use actually screens/plays and we all know that won’t happen :rolleyes:

17. amaru

amaru Member

I expect a somewhat significant drop off in the play of Tucker and Paul considering both are in their mid 30s. I also expect a slight decline in Gordon’s Play given his age and injury history. I don’t expect any significant improvement in Capela’s game. After four years, there’s no reason to expect him to be able to do anything more than catch open lobs. I can also see Harden demanding a trade in the not too distant future if we don’t find a way to get over the hump soon.

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

WB has shot about 30% from 3 the last two seasons. Even Morey might pause at trading for someone whose jack-to-make ratio is so poor.

Unless under orders from Tilman: “Stars sells tickets!”

amaru likes this.
  19. amaru

amaru Member

Mike doesn’t know how to call plays apparently.

20. BigBum

BigBum Member

You win shooting in the modern NBA.
    When you have Capela and Westbrook in the same starting lineup. . Having 2 nonshooters in the same lineup is a death sentence.