1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

American Racism

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, May 28, 2020.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It’s actually you that has a fundamental misunderstanding of causality. You’re conflating experience with causality.

Either way, good conversation. We’re going to disagree here, so no need to further talk. Thank you

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If I conducted IQ tests of a sample of adolescent teens from well off families only and organized that data into a histogram where the x-axis was bins for ranges of iq scores and the y-axis is the frequency in those respective ranges, you agree there still will be a natural variance right? All the scores aren't going to fall into a single range However if I collected IQ scores from a sample of only poor families, there still will be a variance in that data right? The only difference is that there will be a overall shift across the x-axis of that histogram from the right to the left when you compare the data sets for the wealthy families and the poor families.

So when we discuss policy to solve systemic problems when discussing large population pools, the goal is to shift that data set in that histogram I mentioned to the right. In every population pool there will always be a variance in success.

#103 fchowd0311, May 28, 2020
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
  4. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

well, your first mistake would be the IQ test

5. fchowd0311

Replace IQ test with any data point that reflects academic and professional success. So SAT scores, college admission rates, high school drop out rates etc and the same exact sentiment applies so your criticism of my explanation would be irrelevant. I think you very well understood by point and tried to shift the discussion to something else.

6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

that's why I said your "first" mistake. I wasn't done yet

7. fchowd0311

Well you probably should finish your thoughts in a singular reply before you hit reply.

8. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

your mistakes outpace my thoughts. sorry I can't keep up

cml750 likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

That doesn't make sense. You replied to a singular post. You had the choice of finishing your thought before hitting the reply button.

10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

no I didn't. you yourself said I have no free will

11. fchowd0311

I think I've said we have very little free will. But your posting style and urgency has everything to do with past events that effects how you have a greater probability of maybe posting a reply prematurely.

Anyways you said you had other points besides the first one in that initial reply. So carry on.

12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

nah, I'm good. I will grant you that there's variability within the species.

here's something you might be interested in. Interview with Quayshawn Spencer, had him years ago as a student. What he has to say about Utz Kettle Classics Old English Style Salt & Malt Vinegar chips is fantastic!! enjoy.

https://philosophycommons.typepad.c...ley-tremain-interviews-quayshawn-spencer.html

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We?
    lol ok bot

Rocket River

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Every thing you know about African Americans comes from state TV
    and intelligence briefings

Rocket River

TWS1986, RayRay10 and Reeko like this.
  15. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

That guy should be banned for being an imposter. Wouldn't surprise me if it were duchada's other account.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stereotypes tend to be self-fulling.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

America would have bigger issues if all Mexicans were like this:
    [​IMG]

Instead, the issue is that "jobs are stolen" or are "made for cheap"...pride saving words for being "outcompeted" and "out hustled".

Then there's "that speech" that launched a morbidly fat baby's political career...

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You don't hear people complain about Europeans coming here and stealing their jobs. If a British woman immigrated to the US and wins a job over an american - no complaints. But if that person is from Mexico - they are stealing a job?

Sanctity, RayRay10 and MightyMog like this.
  19. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Trump meanwhile is finding a way to ban all Visa from Chinese students because he believes all are Thieves...I wonder how racism starts...

Racism always starts by some "Leader" who than have weak minded followers because they have no willpower or the ability to judge things correctly.

Leaders can be defined as
    Parents
    Public speakers (celebrities, government)
    Your friend

It can be anybody who is strong enought to keep repeating the same thing over and over again, until others believe it.

Leaders who display racism, usually have been impacted before by some event or another leader who has influenced them.

It's a endless Cycle, will never be eliminated. But we can shame the people who do it, make them hide.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. edwardc

edwardc Member

For those that wondering why there is so much racism in America because of guys like this WPE
    [​IMG]

jowman, superfob, Sanctity and 2 others like this.