1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

American beheaded by ISIS, Obama makes remarks and then heads straight to the golf course

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Aug 20, 2014.

1. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

sure, that may be the case (I don't know who she is), but people have a right to criticize whatever they see fit, and ISIS/Sharia Law definitely deserves to be criticized...

2. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

He has a COEXIST sticker on his car.

U mad bro?

3. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

Speaking of this topic. I heard Obama had a bowel movement! How ridiculous!? A bowel movement at a time like this?? What kind of selfish person uses the bathroom when he is supposed to be leading the country? How does he sleep at night..........SMH

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Give me some examples then.

Yes. Nobody likes being an outcast. If society shuns and marginalizes a group, that group tends to be forced to adjust or run the risk of becoming non-existent. This is what you are trying to do when you call conservatives 'nutjobs' and what not (you just do a **** job of it). The inability of the left and less archaic Muslims to criticize Islam really hurts this cause. This method is also non-violent.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

W was not being truthful when he said it. Bigtexxx you barely ever cite any sources so maybe you should start.

Here is your evidence:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/16/bush-lied-about-giving-up_n_102138.html

I think it was kind of ridiculous people criticized bush for playing golf. Presidents should get time off to do stuff.

6. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are 1.6 billion Muslims on earth. Good luck making all of them feel like "outcasts" and marginalized.

There's a wide group, including diplomats and missionaries, who would disagree with your stance that ostracizing Muslims is the correct path. To many people around the world (not just Muslims), religious affiliation is tightly woven into the entire sense of self. To the Muslim in Yemen, his religion is not just a matter of faith, it is a matter of being. This is at once a source of purpose for the individual follower and a path to exploitation for the better-educated who would seek to politically manipulate religion. This is one reason why the West's "tsk-tsking" Islam will always fall on deaf ears in the Muslim world - you're not attacking a faith, you're attacking the entire population.

I don't disagree with you that moderate Muslims need to reclaim the public dialogue surrounding their faith. However, it must be done in places like Cairo, Beirut, Jakarta and Tunis. Reasonable thought can't be expected to spread out from Dearborn, London, etc. and influence the Muslim world. Moderate thought has to take root and stand against militant movements in order for the Muslim world to coexist.

7. tallanvor

There used to be a lot more racists on this planet too. Racism was marginalized and now you see far far less. Compare the number of racists in the United States today to just 100 years ago (a fairly short period of time).

But just to be more specific, the target is to marginalize those large segments of Muslims who seem to be unable to coexist.

8. treeman

treeman Member

Oh boy...

...Pentagon sources said Foley and the others might well have been rescued but Obama, concerned about the ramifications of US troops being killed or captured in Syria, took too long to authorise the mission.

Anthony Shaffer, a former lieutenant-colonel in US military intelligence who worked on covert operations, said: “I’m told it was almost a 30-day delay from when they said they wanted to go to when he finally gave the green light. They were ready to go in June to grab the guy [Foley] and they weren’t permitted.”

Another US defence source said: "The White House constantly goes back and forth on these things. These people are a bunch of academics who endlessly analyse stuff and ordering up another deep-thinking paper but can't decide what to order for lunch."...

Full Story:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2014/08/25/obamas_iraqi_mission_impossible_123753.html

So, he waited a month to order the rescue mission. Any chance the intel went stale while he was deciding whether to pull the trigger? I mean, if you get actionable intel on a hostage's position, and you wait a month to act upon it, it's not really actionable intel anymore. Hostages are very often moved around to prevent rescue attempts.

I gave Obama kudos earlier for the attempt. I take it back now.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The racist are still there. . . they just much quieter about it.

The movement from overt to covert racism looks better
    it is very PC

Rocket River

10. tallanvor

You think there are the same number of racists in the US as there was 100 yrs ago? rly?

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

2010 - population 310,232,863
    1911 - population 93,863,000

yea. . i think so

Rocket River

12. mtbrays

Supporting Member

You have absolutely no way of proving this on a global scale.

13. tallanvor

without even adjusting for population growth, that comment is moronic. Look at voting habits and you can see you are completely wrong.

You can prove it through voting habits.

14. mtbrays

Supporting Member

No you can't. You made a point about global racism being on the decline. What about countries like China, India or regions like sub-Saharan Africa? Racism manifests itself in different ways everywhere and you can't prove that it's waning when your "voting habits" only applies to first-world democracies.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

People would vote for their enemies it it meant making it better for themselves

Rocket River

16. tallanvor

I am not talking about the color of the people being put in office. I am talking about the legislation passed by those in office.

17. treeman

treeman Member

Secret Mission to Rescue US Hostages ‘Flawless,’ Except for the Rescue

A large contingent of American special operations forces was able to sneak into an ISIS camp near the terror group’s stronghold in Syria in search of American hostages, but quickly withdrew when it became clear that while 100 or so armed terrorists were there, the hostages weren’t, according to a U.S. official with knowledge of the then-secret mission.

The official provided ABC News with new, dramatic details of the raid earlier this summer to grab Americans including journalist James Foley, a mission that Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel said today was “flawless” except that no one was rescued.

“Knowing their lives were clearly in danger, it’s the responsibility of our leaders, our government to take action when we believe there is a good possibility or chance of making the operation successful. This operation, by the way, was a flawless operation, but the hostages were not there,” Secretary Chuck Hagel told reporters today. “We regret that mission did not succeed but I am very proud, very proud of the U.S. forces that participated in it.”...

The official said that some in the military and intelligence circles believe they missed the hostages by less than a week.

Full Story:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/secret-mission-rescue-us-hostages-flawless-rescue/story?id=25077207

Perhaps if POTUS hadn't waited for close to a month to authorize the mission the hostages still would have been there?

18. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

I don't care if he plays golf or not. His early exit in Iraq, an attempt to appease the war-weary American public, was a strategic failure as it created a power vacuum which gave rise to the more radical ISIL.

19. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Just back from vacation, didn't read the thread

But I'm just wondering what makes someone post this thread. We're 6 years into 8 for a President that will never run for anything again. Congress is totally gridlocked it's not like anything can happen anyway, even with a flip in the Senate. This petty political vindictiveness just seems so pointless at this time in history. Who would even bother paying attention to it anymore? Who would bother paying Texx to keep posting it?

20. g1184

g1184 Member

fixed, based on evidence submitted by this "treeman" guy: