1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

American beheaded by ISIS, Obama makes remarks and then heads straight to the golf course

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Obama needs to be putting together a coalition to destroy ISIS (doesn't require an invasion).

Instead, he says a few words, then goes golfing.

At some point his water-carriers and turd-polishers have to stop embarrassing themselves and be willing to criticize him.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I Agee with YOU, he should circumvent congress and executive order his was back in the fight.

The GOP has no balls to go after ISIS other than McCain.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;Aides said the golf game did not reflect the depth of his grief over Mr. Foley.&quot; -- NYT, 08-21-14. <a href="http://t.co/U0WkMsPJUv">pic.twitter.com/U0WkMsPJUv</a></p>&mdash; T. Becket Adams (@BecketAdams) <a href="https://twitter.com/BecketAdams/statuses/502674824347803648">August 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Basically every party in the region from the Assad regime, to the moderate Syrian opposition, to Al-Nusra, hell Al-Qaeda, to Iran, to Turkey, to the Kurds---all of them are in open arms against ISIS.

There are now infinite times the amount of active Middle Eastern coalition partners than in the coalition of the willing.

So Obama's improved America's standing, or ISIS just terrifies everybody.

What more can he do other than assemble the grand coalition of everlasting war?

His foreign policy has been inept, but I lol at this criticism. as if him golfing dents the fact that almost the entire Middle East is at war with ISIS and NOT with America. whoo.

5. langal

langal Contributing Member

that's kind of what the op did i think.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

Chris Matthews has been one of favorite commentators for many years. He is left politically in most cases, but he does call it like it is on occasion (like the first Romney/Obama debate). This is one of those times.

7. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/22/us/politics/a-terrorist-horror-then-golf-incongruity-fuels-obama-critics.html?_r=0

Sadly, still not a peep from anyone on the Flag Officers funeral. I agree that's pretty damn bad.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

125 days of vacay in 6 years? Wow. That's crazy. Obama - get back to work.

Bush only had 407 at this point in his presidency. That's how it's done!

9. bongman

bongman Member

Just shows us the bias in politics.....

WALLACE: I know there's like an immediate reaction, that you want to say he should have run back to Washington and gone back to the Situation Room. I know that a lot of folks at Fox here are saying that. As somebody who covered the White House and saw for six years Ronald Reagan in various situations, sometimes the best thing presidents can do is nothing, to continue on. If he had gone back to Washington and gone to the situation room -- first of all, there's not much he can do, we're not in control of the situation. And it would have dialed it up.

[...]

WALLACE: I was covering Ronald Reagan at that time. He was in Santa Barbara at his ranch when that happened, and quite frankly he didn't want to leave. And his advisers realized how terrible this looked, and eventually persuaded him he had to fly back to Washington and had to give this speech to the nation, but it did take him four days.

This is Fox's Wallace commenting about the time after Korean airliner got shot down by Russia. Basically, if you are playing for the other team, standards of excellence are different.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Conservatives never let any facts get in the way of making a weak point.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

They don't care about about the country, they care about spitting on Obama whenever they can get a chance. So myopic is their hate for the man.

12. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The notion that the president takes a vacation like the rest of us is absurd. They criticize him as though he isn't surrounded by staff, Secret Service, etc. at all times. They make it seem like he left his phone at home and checked into the hotel under a fake name, leaving Biden at the helm back home.

So logically lazy.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You may have missed the 2000-2008 Bush era....

Suddenly liberals are endorsing the same things in Obama that they vehemently despised in Bush.

The "thanks Obama" meme that everyone loves could have been "thanks Bush" if it started several years earlier.

It's a pendulum, dude.. it's not hard to see... the playing field has just flipped over. Nothing has been solved.

Obama isn't untouchable. What WE need is more people willing to honestly question and berate the president - regardless of party affiliation.

1 person likes this.
  14. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I love the false equivalency again. Bush started the Iraq War on lies. His ire was justifiably earned. The Iraq War #2 was the worst decision in generations.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

So many wingnut kooks are bitter about how Bush was justifiably blistered about Iraq. They have pent up revenge-bitterness to spew on whoever the Dems elected.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I don't understand what the complaint is on Obama. That he plays golf while there are people struggling in the world? Why shouldn't he?

He should be wearing all black and mourning Foley? Foley went their by choice as a journalist knowing full well that he could be captured. It's unfortunate what happened, but saying that Obama shouldn't be at Martha Vineyard is ridiculous. He should cancel his plans over this? Questionable. This isn't 9/11.

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Really, who berate the President for vacation and golfing? It's just completely unnecessary to go there. It comes off as not honest and is of anger and hate. So whatever you have to say, valid or not, is lost. The only folks that probably hear the message is the one with the same viewpoints toward the President for vacationing and golfing.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

LOL - why does the US of America need to "putting together a coalition" blow up a bunch of annoying assclowns in the desert with AK47's? they didn't need a coalition when Delta Force blew holes in a bunch of them last month.

Do you really think US American army men and women are such giant wussy b****es that they need "a coalition" to help them?

Support the troops, don't drop weak sauce insults, Woodrow Commodore Wilson Pisspant baby Coalitoin pantywaist.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

There is room to criticize aspects of the President Obama's foreign policy and still support the President. "Better late than never" isn't exactly what this Democrat wants to say about the actions of his Democratic President, but it fits in this instance, in my opinion. I think he should have done what he is doing in Iraq now weeks ago. It could have saved a lot of Iraqis a lot of grief. Maybe he had excellent reasons for delaying. I hope to hear them at some point in the future, because if they are out there, I missed it. As for not leaving a small force in bases after withdrawing the bulk of our forces, that's on al-Maliki. No President would allow our people to be tried in Iraqi courts. It was a legitimate deal breaker.

20. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

It probably has to do with what he said.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/68WS5B19LC4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>