1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

American beheaded by ISIS, Obama makes remarks and then heads straight to the golf course

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Aug 20, 2014.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's unseemly.

"she?"

anything to demonstrate some sense of seriousness.

2. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

You make Bush look like a genius. You really are a disgusting individual.

3. DaleDoback

DaleDoback Contributing Member

How so?

Obvious typo. And can you be less specific? :rolleyes:

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

because hes not reacting to events in a timely manner or at all (giving a speech is not reacting).

Clint Eastwood: Deserves got nothing to do with it.

Either the job permits it or it doesn't.

you are contradicting yourself. See below

5. DaleDoback

DaleDoback Contributing Member

How should he react? Again.....you give nothing specific.

Quoting Clint Eastwood? Ok....
    Seems like the job permits some time off to me. Maybe your bar is set higher than mine, but I'd rather our President take some time away each day to do what he wants. Rather than running himself into the ground 18 months into office. But that's just my take...

Not at all. It is pretty common knowledge that the position of President is a 24/7 job. There is no 'clocking out'. You are the one that seems to think he is not 'putting in the hours'.

Kinda bored talking about this. Some people just want to be mad....to be mad. Have fun with that.

6. tallanvor

To what event? I listed just a few hes been unmotivated to act on. You need to be more specific

You keep contradicting yourself. You talk about the job being 24/7 and then talk about him taking time off everyday. Almost nobody takes time away from work to go golf in the middle of the day routinely. That's something semi-retired people do.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

tallanvor you are being really ignorant on this subject. Comparing the Presidency to a normal job is probably the WORST comparison you can ever make.

Please just admit, that you don't know FOR SURE that he is not putting in enough time working, nobody does except only a handful of people.

You are wildly jumping to conclusions in saying that just because you see him play golf. What if Obama locked himself in his oval office playing video games all day instead and is never seen playing golf, attending social events, taking vacation, or anything of that nature?

Would I go around saying that Obama is the hardest worker of all-time? Of course not, that's a ridiculous thing to say with limited knowledge of what really happens in the WH.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'm not anti-Obama, but I think it is at least not very tactful or intelligent of him to have photos taken of him grinning on a round of golf right after his statement on the murdered US journalist. I understand that bad things constantly happen in the world and that you cannot expect a US President to never have any joy in life because of that, but it matters what you do when, at least when you are in the public eye like that.

German newspaper BILD has a big headline about it (the German word for gulf and golf is the same - golf).

[​IMG]

"Obama's golf war - Iraq is exploding, the President is putting and grinning"

9. tallanvor

Nope. I clearly stated this perception of Obama comes from his inaction on major issues. Golfing every day just reinforces this perception.

10. rudan

rudan Member

I've never seen a jihadist play golf, so maybe obama knows it pisses them off. mohamad never could hit the greens like jesus could.

11. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

It's a gaffe. Not an impeachable offense, but Team Obama made a poor decision.

12. basso

Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Watch out ISIL, we're fixin' to open a can of hashtag
    <a href="https://t.co/WOPg8K4CJM">https://t.co/WOPg8K4CJM</a></p>&mdash; David Burge (@iowahawkblog) <a href="https://twitter.com/iowahawkblog/statuses/502453324893798400">August 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. basso

Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Agreed. Critiques of presidential vacations are dumb. But golfing today is in bad taste. Not sure how to reconcile: <a href="http://t.co/4Mlq5dL2c7">http://t.co/4Mlq5dL2c7</a></p>&mdash; Ezra Klein (@ezraklein) <a href="https://twitter.com/ezraklein/statuses/502154918384631808">August 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Cranberry_Juice

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Somewhere an Urban Outfitters is missing a t-shirt folder<a href="http://t.co/pn4HbYkxqt" title="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8_5pxhQvv4&amp;feature=youtu.be">youtu.be/p8_5pxhQvv4</a></p>&mdash; David Burge (@iowahawkblog) <a href="https://twitter.com/iowahawkblog/status/502647476743323648" data-datetime="2014-08-22T02:44:31+00:00">August 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. treeman

treeman Member

Man, I love Iowahawk. :grin:

17. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

the photo of US President Barack Obama was from a 2012 golf session, and NOT from recent events.

credibility destroyed

18. rudan

rudan Member

Oh no, he must have not played golf after the press conference. Alonzo must have played with himself all afternoon.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The point is that the world is burning all the time and photos with Obama enjoying himself indicates that he doesn't understand and can't shoulder the burden of being POTUS. :rolleyes:

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I have to credit texx with this -- he's pretty quick in posting on the outrage du jour before it gets big. Either that, or Google saw that I clicked on this thread and is engineering by web experience so I can get a whole lot of the same crap I already saw.

Half the efficacy of the golf complaint is the big dopey smile on Obama's face in the photo. If it isn't a photo of the actual golf outing, it's seriously misleading journalism, even if the outing itself still happened as reported. I'd like to know for sure what that photo is of exactly.