1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

American beheaded by ISIS, Obama makes remarks and then heads straight to the golf course

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Aug 20, 2014.

1. DaleDoback

DaleDoback Contributing Member

So Obama goes to the media and condems the actions of ISIS. The US Military continues to bomb the hell out of ISIS positions. The US Military 'Advisors' are continuing to train the Kurds and locate ISIS strongholds. What else would you like him to do Tallanvor? Have a live cam of him sitting in his office with the news on?

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't know about Obama, but since I heard the news I have not slept or eaten; I've just been building nukes to drop on ISIS' heads. I haven't played with the kids, made love to my wife, or come into work. I am all-consumed with what to do about ISIS. I know bigtexxx must be the same, and I wish Obama could say so as well.

:rolleyes:

Honestly, we've already had a plan in place for responding to ISIS before this execution. I'm sure they've had a bunch of meetings since the execution to determine if and how the plan changes. They may or may not have made changes, and I don't expect the Commander in Chief is going to say so publicly. It doesn't do me, Foley's family, or anyone else any good if he rends his clothes and pours ashes on his head at the news of Foley's death -- what we need is for someone to make cool, calculated decisions about what we're going to do. If he goes to play golf, great, because it probably means he's made his choices without emotion getting in the way.

1 person likes this.
  3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I love how the defensive liberal posters are trying to make this about me.

I guess if you cannot defend Obama then you have to start resorting to insults.

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Perfectly reasonable for you to claim Obama is capable of doing his job while golfing. This is not the argument you were making though. You claimed it was inappropriate to even question the response.

5. DaleDoback

Inappropriate is not the word.....Misguided. There are many reasons to go after Obama. Golfing after a journalist dies is not one. But you and your clan of angry righties have fun with it......can't wait to hear your anger after the next journalist dies (which he probably will) and Obama is out to dinner that day. Roll on clown show......

6. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

You don't find the President somewhat tone deaf here?

7. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

There is no need to defend Obama on this. You are choosing to make a non-issue an issue, so you have to be prepared to be insulted. There is no debate, otherwise we would gladly do so. When there is nothing to debate, the only response is to chastise the poster for making it an issue. If you want to call that insults, so be it.

There are legitimate complaints about Obama, and there are nonsensical ones. As soon as the discussion become one about Obama's vacation days, or who he invites to the White House, that's the signal to remove yourself from the conversation. I am not making an excuse for Obama because there is no excuse to be made. He cut short a vacation, he's justifiably angry about this incident, and he's doing something about it. There's my refutation of whatever point it is you're trying to make about his leadership.

I recommend sticking to the things worthy of debate, such as Obamacare, our role in Syria, executive orders (although I love to see Republicans/conservative try to debate that one when their "guys" have used them even more than Obama), etc.

8. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

You see, now what you're doing is what you complain about others doing- you're using insults rather than facts. Very weak and beneath you, son. I suggest that if you're going to call someone a dunce, whether it be another poster or the POTUS, you present the facts. Otherwise, you're right at the same level as those you continually criticize for the insulting approach.

9. DaleDoback

No. Not at all. He addressed the situation and said we will continue to go after the ISIS. What more can he do? Should he head to the White House and lay low everytime an American dies overseas?

What I did find 'tone deaf' and overall disgusting was the fact he did not attend a Flag Officers funeral. A Maj Gen that was a major player in the Afghan Training mission. THAT....is terrible. But not a peep from the right about that.

10. bigtexxx

Nope. I've explained this many times -- Obama is a public figure. Resorting to insults when arguing with other posters is the problem. It shows that they're out of logic. Calling Obama an incapable dunce and then backing it up with his golfing directly after commenting on the beheading of an American is the problem.

11. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

So if he were to play golf the next day then it would be ok? For you to pick at something like this is absolutely absurd.

You do realize that if it wasn't for your boy W..........we wouldn't even be in this mess to begin with. The decision to invade Iraq is still haunting us some 12 years later. It is arguably the worst decision a president has made in the past 50 years.

12. bigtexxx

....nope -- Iraq was doing pretty good before Obama screwed it up.

try again

13. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

You are correct, for once. Calling Obama an incapable dunce and backing it up only with the fact that he went golfing after commenting on the incident is the problem.

You're the problem here, not Obama.

14. GladiatoRowdy

Iraq was doing fine until Obama followed the treaty that Bush signed.

Try again, rookie.

15. bigtexxx

So you are 100% on board with Obama's handling of Iraq? Is that your position?

16. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Lol the obsession continues. Talk about being pathetic, OP reeks of butthurt.

17. GladiatoRowdy

I'm OK with Obama following the terms of the treaty that Bush signed. He followed the law after Iraq refused to negotiate to allow a residual force to stay in country. Iraq is now suffering the consequences of that refusal and, surprise, surprise, is now asking us for air support and is now allowing some advisers to come in as well.

Looks like Iraq learned a valuable lesson that they wouldn't have if Obama had broken the treaty and continued to occupy Iraq.

18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Obama is criticized for his inaction on multiple issues (Benghazi, the border, etc..). Him golfing in the middle of every weekday reinforces the perception that he semi-retired and out of touch. Few workers in this country are privileged enough to golf most weekdays. The president doing it is very unsettling (he has far more work to do than most).

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's funny that when pulling troops out of Iraq was seen as a good thing, Obama took credit for it, but now that it's obvious that it was a dumb thing, people want to blame Bush. 6 years into the Obama administration, we're still blaming Bush for everything that goes wrong LOL, priceless.

1 person likes this.
  20. bigtexxx

Bingo. Pure hypocrisy and lack of accountability from the liberals.