1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AMC's The Walking Dead [Season 6]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by fchowd0311, Oct 11, 2015.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just a feeling. You will see more and probably someone from India!? :cool:

2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Crappy way to cliffhang but lol at those of you saying you won't watch it anymore because of this.

3. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

That michonne dude. The one with the sword. :) jk

4. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

They went almost 3 seasons without the Andrea character on the show and they have been doing fine. There is no reason to believe they can't continue without it. I don't get the so called importance of the Andrea character in the comics right now. IMO, she can be replaced by other characters in the comic. We feel she is important is mainly due to nostalgia and she is one of the few remaining originals. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see her death in the comic any time soon, but to say 1 of the reason she can not die is because the Andrea character/role is so important to the later story-line is just not convincing.

They already made up their mind about the story change between Michonne's relationship with Ezekiel, which IMO is a bigger change than Rick having another mate.

5. MoonBus

??? No one said that it can not be Glenn. The discussion was saying that they believe it will be Michonne. My argument/comment is that it would be a better "shocker" if it does turn out to be Michonne.

Look, I'm not really choosing 1 character over another. And honestly I think Michonne's character is much more interesting than Glenn's in the comic book. On the TV show, they are about the same. If the TV show really want to say "No one is safe (other than Rick & Carl)" and also be unpredictable; they should kill Michonne instead of Glenn or Daryl. The show can still go on and still line up with the comic because the main character, Rick, is still alive.

Maggie can still become the current Maggie in the comic with or without Glenn on her side. She already made the claim that she doesn't want anything to stand in her way. And no one said they can not kill Glenn later on during this Negan era.

As for the "Carl....doesnt go after Negan."
    I think that would be a mistake to leave out that subplot. That event is essential to the "relationship" between the 2 while it also tell us more about Negan's character and values. It would be much more important than the pudding eating episode we saw earlier in season 2 (or was it 3?).

I'm not saying this is what will happen and that this is the only way that the story should flow, but to say it must follow what happened in the comic in order for the story to be intriguing is just non-sense. By not following the comic to the T is much more intriguing and unpredictable, IMHO.

Note: this is not a dup post, just commenting to a different post.

6. MoonBus

Please explain why it is pivotal because I disagree. Unless I'm forgetting some major plot points, there is nothing preventing Maggie from becoming who she is with or without Glenn. To say a person can only become stronger because of another person's death is not convincing. Having to raise a baby in this world is enough of a reason to be stronger. To build a better world for everyone you love is enough of a reason to branch out and do amazing things.

7. SunsRocketsfan

here is my prediction..

Glenn gets his head beaten in and then Negan isnt quite satisfied yet so decided to bash another minority in the head. He chooses michonne and beats her to a bloody pulp too. What a plot twist.. not one death but two!!

Rick goes insane and so does maggie.. now you have maggies baby with no daddy, judith with no mommy, rick and maggie with no love squeeze.. So Bam they hook up and become one happy family.. series finale.

1 person likes this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Because she becomes a different person...she becomes HARDER. She becomes the leader of the Hilltop. She has to execute someone who tries to assassinate her later on as the Hilltop leader. Maggie does these things without Glenn there.

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You can't kill both Andrea and Michonne. It leaves a hole in the storyline. Andrea in the comic softens Rick, as Michonne is starting to do on the TV show. That becomes important on what happens with Negan at the end of this arc. Even though they seem to be changing the storyline with THE KINGDOM, Michonne will still have to play a part with Ezeekel.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Yeah:

The show has replaced Andrea with Michonne as Rick's lover and Rosita as the group sharpshooter. Nothing to see here, carry on.

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Dude. Saw this before you spoilered it. Argh.

12. MoonBus

As I've said before, Maggie's character can change without Glenn's death and Glenn can still die at a later time. Look at Rick, how many times has he changed since Lori died?

I don't think we are convincing each other. You think it must be told the same way as the comic and I disagree. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

The Andrea replacement happened at least 2 seasons after she died on TV, so what happened to Andrea's character during all that time if it was really that important? Why must Rick's partner be Andrea/Michonne? Why can't they introduce another new character? Look at Daryl and Carol, 90% of their plotline doesn't exists in the comic, yet, they are arguably the most interesting parts of the show. The point is, they don't have to follow the comic to be a good show.

It is Sasha, not Rosita, who became the sharpshooter. I think you actually made my point. People can be swapped out and the story can still continue. The only person that really can't be changed is Rick, but even if they do that I'll still watch and see if the new story line is any good.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Remember when the group first arrived at The Hilltop and met the "governor" who told them to shower "and then we'll talk." Rick and Maggie walked up the stairs together and Rick says, "You shower first, and talk to him. It shouldn't be me. Besides, you have to learn to do these things." I guess "Things" means become more of a leader for the group, and she delivered on that first job of negotiating food for protection.

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Actually, Sasha is the sharp shooter.

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Andrea and Rick dont get together until Alexandria......just like Michonne and Rick on the TV show. But you have to follow the comic at pivotal times. And they have...basically on the major plot points. Leaving characters alive or killing them doesnt necessarily change the story...UNLESS it is a key plot point. Glenn is a HUGE plot point in the series.

16. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

do we need a [comic book] thread?

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Doubt it's Glen...Maggie would have screamed instantly.

Rick and Daryl are too popular...

I doubt theyd put women through it and "taking it like a champ"..or a teen boy.

So Eugene..Aaron..Abraham.

Although I think sasha or Rosita would scream for Abraham...So Eugene or Aaron.

18. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

19. Beezy

Beezy Member

Eugene. He gave Rick the bullet instructions and is no longer needed. He will get revenge from the grave.

20. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

He already agreed to sacrifice himself once when he was left behind to drive the RV. Doesn't mean as much if he's killed now.