1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AMC's The Walking Dead [Season 6]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by fchowd0311, Oct 11, 2015.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Here's the problem with the time jumping. It didn't help tell the story. It didn't enhance the experience. There were no 'a ha' moments. It was just annoying at best and confusing at worst.

1 person likes this.
  2. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Come on, the "did you take the last peanut butter protein bar?" tangent didn't fit the bill? No, not serious...;)

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Well...the black and white was purely used for the viewer to know these scenes happened in the past...versus the color showing what was happening now. If they didn't do something like this with flashbacks, then we would have had to go through a whole filler episode of introducing Morgan around and Morgan-Rick playing catch-up. They managed to condense it down and abbreviate it to jump to the future a bit. I supposed they could have done it differently in color but, without that visual cue, it would have been hard to make sense of what we were looking at and when. It really would have been Memento then.

4. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

For those referencing the comics as a defense for Rick's idiotic plan, NOT at all the same thing. In the comics, there was no pit, no massive group of zombie trapped, but rather massive FREELY roaming groups that had to be deterred, in which case, directional herding makes sense.

Aside from the stupid plan, I liked the episode overall. Black and white touch was ok, acting was good and I really liked the casting for the new characters. However the sight of Daryl and the other two leading the massive herd of zombies, by basically crawling along makes it even more incredulous how anyone can be caught/killed by these zombies.

Instead of the plan to herd them away, IMO a much more exciting episode(s) and plan could have been Rick and company attempting to dispose of the zombies as they leak slowly but steadily through the openings. And after days of steadily reduceing the numbers through the use of knives, swords, shovels and maybe even some ingenuity like a swinging guillotine or wrecking ball hooked to a crane... only to faced a massive outbreak when a huge opening is created when the truck on the other ridge collapses.

5. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I thought it was "OK", I was hoping for more of a splash but I will take it and see what's next, love the show though

6. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I usually don't nit pick about anything cause I just take it the shows as they are. Every show has plot holes etc....

But only one thing made me really laugh a bit and I am surprised no one else mentioned it or I missed it.

But where did they get the helium for the balloons? LOL

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm not criticizing the ep, and/or suggest a better plan. I just want to know what the show was trying to tell us.

Damn, no one here has really explained the plan. That's my only problem.

I appreciate Bobbythegreat's response and take, but they had a plan before the truck fell in.

I still don't get what the plan was before the truck fell in, and where they were leading them? I actually thought they were leading around the quarry back to the ledge, right? as lemmings to fall in to? We had a foreshadow of that, right...that foreshadow of them easily failing a hundred feet into the quarry was a scene. no?

Where were they going

#67 heypartner, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  8. heypartner

yep. Maybe you can do that mid-season, but not as a premiere. I was just left wandering, did I forget something or miss something. I couldn't enjoy it, because I kept reaching for my previous seasons to see if I forget something and should rewatch prior to the premiere.

9. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

I would have build a fence and start stabbing them like how they did in the prison or a high wall. The walker got no choice but to fall to the side of the pit once it gets crowded. Then burn the pit. It wont kill them but It would disable them since all the flesh is gone and what's left are the bones and head chomping

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

from a compressed tank???

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Any department store would have a tank of it around. The stuff never goes bad.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Any and every Walgreens has one also, in Chicago there is pretty much a Walgreens on every corner here.

Anyway, I really thought the episode was excellent. Some people are going to complain no matter what but I think TWD showed why it's the number 1 show on tv, this episode almost felt like a movie.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Basically . . the only great reveal was . .. . OH THAT GUY IS GOING TO DIE and why.

I mean . . .it is becoming abundantly clear . . .you go against Rick . . .even a little bit .. . .your character is going to die

Rocket River

14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

the plan was pretty basic... herd the zombies 20-30 miles away from their compound, with one group leading & groups in the front, middle and rear drawing back stragglers. Apparently the plan was to end 20 miles from where the episode ended with daryl leading the zombies further down.

15. Raven

Raven Member

Horribly directed episode.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

20 miles .. .that is a hell of a long haul.
    Hell the line was very long .. . .esp for less than 20 people

Rocket River

17. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The pile on for this episode is a bit much, but...

Googled - average walking speed for people is 1.4mph. "Walking Dead" zombies are slower than the living. Generously, let's call it 1 mph. The trail drive, therefore, will take 20-30 hours. Are they really prepared for herding zombies overnight?

18. heypartner

Google is wrong. On a hike on a flat road, 3-4 mph is more common, and zombies with a target definitely walk faster than 1 mph, and never stop.

I'm going with 3-4 mph = 5-7 hours for 20 miles. Easily

And that's clearly how fast Daryl was driving.

19. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Seems overkill to have them go out looking for helium when all they need to do is tie up the balloons on there. They knew their paths, those were just colored marker points.

20. heypartner

wrt to those who say "just burn them," well with what?

It's an apocalypse...with no electricity to use gas station pumps. Gas for cars is at a premium like Mad Max. Gas is even more less available than bullets.

What are you going to do, light a stick on fire and throw it at them?

Fire is not a plan.

I now think too much foreshadowing of the walls is in play. Will they herd them into the walls of the camp, now?