1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AMC's The Walking Dead [Season 6]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by fchowd0311, Oct 11, 2015.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Morgan and Carol will smash. Opposites attract. Something something symbolism, yin and yang. Worlds collide.

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You mean this guy?

Robert Kirkman is an American comic book writer best known for creating The Walking Dead and Invincible for Image Comics, in addition to Ultimate X-Men and Marvel Zombies for Marvel Comics.

[​IMG]

3. conquistador#11

i've grown to love.......iZombie. =) chick is cute can't believe she is the daughter is masters of sex.

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

iZombie is a personal favorite of mine as well, it's a different genre (procedural/comedy) but it's better than what the WD has become.

I still prefer Fear the Walking Dead....

5. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I watched the 1st 3 episodes. Had no idea it was a CW show. Soundtrack in the show is great! Found some new favorites while watching, although it is a bit heavy on the soundtrack sometimes during dialogue. I'm hooked so far.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I really hope that's not what they do with the character. This show is in desperate need of a total sociopath to shake things up and give Rick a true arch-nemesis.

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I agree.
    We need to see some important deaths.

What was the last REALLY important death? Beth? She had been with the group the longest and was actually connected to one of the main characters (Maggie).

**Sigh** hopefully it picks up with his arrival.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Beth wasn't even important in terms of the group, she was merely Maggie's sister. They spent an entire half season of trying to get Daryl to care about her, which was weird and really dragged the whole show down. Her dying changed virtually nothing about the dynamics of the show or the fate of the group. All it did when she died was make everyone at home go "welp, I guess those last 6 f***in episodes were a big waste of time".

For me right now the show has too many characters and is chasing too many plot threads. Characters virtually disappear for long stretches at a time. It's almost as if each show is written and produced by people who haven't seen the last 3-4 episodes prior. Each show is left with individuals trying to 'leave their mark' somehow or bump ratings without respect to the greater story arch. It's just really frustrating. They need to have an enormous culling of characters soon. I'm talking 6-7 people need to eat it, minimum. Sasha, Tara, Rosita, Eugene, Gabriel, Maggie, Glenn, Morgan, Michonne, Enid, Jessie's derpy sons...

The only characters I don't want to die or can't see dying are:

Rick - Main character
    Carl - Gotta have someone for the younger audience to identify with
    Daryl - Gotta have a Han Solo character
    Carol - Almost the only compelling and/or non-stupid character left
    Abraham - Best one-liners in the show
    Jessie - Gotta have a side ho for Rick
    Aaron & Eric - Somewhat compelling and not stupid

Everybody else can get chomped on for all I care.

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I agree with everyone on your list except Eugene. That guy is classic.

Oh and Rosita, gotta leave some latin woman flava on the show!

10. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Carol has to go. He has to go. Painful, slow, excruciating death.

11. GRENDEL

Seconded! Think she's one of the hottest chicks on the show. I'd be worried if they start giving us her backstory...which they haven't done.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

WOW! Interesting cast of characters
    Not mean to be mean but . .. I guess the Walking Dead Writers really know their audience

Not Accusing or anything but that list is . . . .. .very white

Says alot about how the persons of color are written in the show

Rocket River

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Did anyone notice that the actress who played Beth (Emily Kinney) is now a nurse over on Cinemax series "The Knick"?

Apparently, she's been on "Masters of Sex" and "The Flash" as well.

14. GRENDEL

Saw her on Masters of Sex and she was much better, acting wise, than she ever was WD, plus she got nekid for those interested....not for me but just a heads up.

The improvement in acting leads me to believe that the showrunners or directors just do a piss poor job of getting performances from some of these people. I know some of the actors are actually pretty good, especially the guys from The Wire, but turned in some garbage performances on WD.

15. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Leave Rick, Mishone, and Daryl alone. Even Glen for me.

Everyone else, I wouldn't mind them being written off.

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

My list: Rick, Daryl, Mishone, Carol. I would have had Maggie and Glen on the list, but someone must have reminded Maggie that she was from the south, so she has amped up the fake accent. And, if she is preggers, we will lose most of her appeal. So goodbye Glen and Maggie. Replace Maggie with Rosita. Everyone else... zombie food.

17. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

I think at least one person from your list will be killed off before the end of this season, my bets are on Abraham or Daryl =(

18. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

I haven't read the comics, if they got blood in an open wound did they turn?
    As we all know film and print differ greatly on most current shows.

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I wanna see a preggo Maggie as a zombie and then the baby pop out of her belly.

20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Not sure, I tired reading but couldn't find the time to really get into it.

My point was you were blasting the 'showrunner' who was actually the guy that created The Walking Dead for not knowing what he was talking about.

Doesn't make too much sense.