1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AMC's The Walking Dead [Season 6]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by fchowd0311, Oct 11, 2015.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It was a bad episode. That doesn't make it a bad show. Every show, even good ones, have bad episodes.

2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Why not set them on fire or throw grenades at them? More humane and would have been fun to watch.

3. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

So Rick has "experience" and that was the plan they came up with? Horrible plan with so many things that could go wrong.

If that's the type of decisions he's going to be making he wouldn't last too much longer.

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Fair enough. I see it the other way. I stopped watching about halfway through season 5 because I got tired of how comedically inconsistent and ridiculous the show became.

Too much deus ex machina, plot armor as Donny put it, ninja zombies, inconsistent plot elements, rehashed plots and themes (if introduce Black Guy B; then Black Guy A dies). I just skim the threads to read reactions from time to time to see if it's worth picking up again, but seems like same old.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

My Thoughts as well

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3uJq6ITRqEE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

when they came up with the plan I was thinking
    REALLY? I think Tom and Jerry had better plans

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2KQMB3httVQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rocket River

6. conquistador#11

the characters from 'the strain' thought this was a horrendous idea. Fire rick grimes!

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Lucky you dumbass dont read the comic. That is where this idea comes from.....and it done more than once.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

geez man. do you have to be that rude to someone because they didnt like a scene from a zombie tv show.

drop the attitude.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I liked the episode. I do find there are too many characters I don't really care about. I wasn't a huge fan of the black and white thing. That said, I like it.

I don't really have a problem with "the plan". I don't think they have the materials required to set them all on fire. Letting them out one by one should have been done also, but obviously they needed a bigger plan. Granted, this is just writers making stuff up, but eventually the trucks blocking the way out the back was going to give, which it did. One by one killing would take forever to really manage, so a plan was clearly needed.

That said, if I'm thinking of other plans, the first one would have probably been moving more cars to where they needed to be to block the way. The truck that was about to fall, and eventually did, should have been backed up. Apparently they had a bunch of cars to line the road, RVs, could build walls, etc. My first plan would have been to wall them in better... so you could come up with a killing plan later.

That said, it wasn't perfect... but it was still enjoyable.

For a comparison to FTWD, the only episode of FTWD that was as enjoyable as a typical TWD episode to me was the finale, which was better. the finale of FTWD was probably that perfect combination of a slower, more serialized, better story combined with action. The first episodes were slow slow slow.

The reason TWD is rated so high is because most people watching it, myself included, aren't expecting AMAZING storylines. It's a zombie show. It's very entertaining.

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The episode was well done and done on an epic scale we haven't seen before. I quite enjoyed the production. I'm still not sure how many extras they actually had for the horde versus special effects? Anyone know? While "the plan" could and appears to be backfiring, it was fun to bring that approach out and run them like cattle. The boring way would have been to enhance the pit fortifications. I liked the episode and thought it was a strong opener. That...combined with flashing back to fill in the gaps....I thought it worked.

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

For completely mindless killing machines, walkers sure do love to walk on paved roads/paths when the plot requires it.

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

When I was a walker before I was cured, I didn't like accidentally bumping into trees with my knee caps. I preferred the open road...AND BRAINS!!! ;)

Could it be explained by memory imprints from when they were living, e.g. Morgan's wife remembered her house and how to open the door by turning the knob? Maybe they have a default behavior to want to walk on paved roads because that is what they used to do? Maybe instinctual?

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The point is...IT'S A ZOMBIE SHOW... Mindless, easy to distract....similar to cattle. That is the point of the cattle like drive. It wasn't a dumb idea.....they could kill them all (Ammo is an issue), so they needed to eliminate the treat by moving them away.

14. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

This was my thought, they sure are keeping on the road! I think the people they show the least are on the chopping block this season, thinking Carol is a goner soon..

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Did the plan work in the comics?

Similar to cows except they want to eat you and are apparently so easy to distract that the zombies in the building scratching the window would have ruined everything. If they are that sensitive to distraction it seems to me that it would be nearly impossible to pull off that zombie drive successfully.

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They are in Georgia. . . . I'm sure they could find .. . . .

[​IMG]

Rocket River

18. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

new black guy with glasses..i give him 5 episodes

19. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Dr. Dre

20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Zombies are hoarded, at various times, by different groups......in the comics. I won't go into spoiler details. Hell, Horses are even used.