1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AMC's The Walking Dead [Season 6]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by fchowd0311, Oct 11, 2015.

1. VanityHalfBlack

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Well, at least your a self aware sheep! ;)

3. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Yeah...but it's a TV show, sooooo I want Glenn back! :p

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I don't understand how people are expecting to all of a sudden be appeased after portesting to "keep" Glenn alive.

Hasn't the show been filmed within this past year? It's not Saturday Night Live sh**...?

Not sure how people expect them to have a 'backup ending' to Glenn's demise as opposed to the one originally filmed. I'm truly puzzled.

5. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

If you've seen the trailer for the season there are certain scenes that haven't been shown yet. It's pretty obvious what will happen...

Glenn somehow pulls himself under the dumpster where there's a conveniently placed sewer hole. He escapes through the sewer. Maggie and Aaron end up finding Nicholas' corpse and hunt Glenn through the sewers.

Presumably Glenn can't be found because he's been kidnapped or joined up with another group.

6. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Was Ricks hand injury a cut or bite? On the RV, after he looked at his hand he wanted to say something over the radio...perhaps about the injury but he was shot at just as he was about to speak over the radio.

7. Nero

Nero Member

Well, it actually wouldn't matter if it was a cut or a bite, if he got walker blood in it, I think that's what he is worried about, that he may have become infected. However, he definitely did not get bitten, the knife cut his hand when it broke in the skull of that first walker. It was so convenient if the next walker to have a machete stuck in its shoulder..

But no, Rick is not infected.. I hope..

8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I don't get this.

Maybe I'm confused.

Wasn't the big reveal earlier in the show's life (can't remember exactly) that the group was pissed off at Rick for not revealing sooner - was that everyone is infected already?

9. thejav

thejav Member

10. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

I hope I can answer for you, not sure what you're asking.

Everyone is infected to an extent, but they are not fully affected until they get cut, scratched, bitten, or infected with zombie blood. So, you can't really turn into a zombie until one of those four things happening.

So at this point, Rick cut himself, I guess. Not sure if he got zombie blood in his wound, but if he does... He will turn.

My question is.... When Herschel got bit, they amputated his leg immediately... Doesn't one turn into a zombie from 2-24 hrs? So, Rick has been taking awhile to make a decision on his hand. :confused:

11. Buck Turgidson

This is probably the #1 most ludicrous thing about the show. Nobody ever has cuts or scratches or anything on them, even though they are living on the road and traveling through woods and having fistfights and whatnot. Zombie blood gets splattered all over everyone and nobody can ever get sick from it.

28 Days Later handled this properly, think Bendan Gleeson's demise.

12. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I don't think the show suggests that blood infects you. Everyone is already infected and will become a walker when they die. What does happen is that if you get bit by a walker, you get infected with an illness that starts with a. Fever and eventually kills you. Walker blood has no bearing on a person's fate, the saliva does.

13. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I just assumed you had to get bit to die quickly, considering all the blood they've dealt with already.

14. Buck Turgidson

I'm not going to go all Mr. Wizard or anything, because it's a zombie show, but that story is ludicrous.

15. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Maybe rick's untreated hand wound leads him to have to get his hand amputated .
    and brings him closer to his comic book counterpart

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This isn't true at all. You've completely missed the "point" of the story.

Everyone is infected. It's been established now in this show from I think Season 2 when Rick reveals what the guy at CDC told him and was brought up again in Fear the Walking Dead. It doesn't matter how you die, you come back. Everyone has it. We don't know how it spread, but everyone who dies not will turn unless they had a traumatic head wound that led to their death, preventing them from coming back.

The only thing being bitten by a zombie does is infect you with a horrible fever that can't be cured that will kill you.

One potential explanation:
    We all have the viral spores in us, but they are dormant while your body's immune system operates. Once you die, the spores activate and reanimate your body by attacking the specific part of the brain. When a person with the active virus bites someone, they spread the active version of the virus that violently attacks the body's immune system, leading to a horrible fever that ultimately kills you. This leads to your own spores activating and taking over your brain stem or whatever part of the brain they mentioned.

17. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I thought the same thing, but thought if so, they should go with the shooting hand like in the comic.

18. Nero

Nero Member

Yeah, that seems to be the logic behind it all.

100% of the time when you die, you turn. The only way to prevent this is to traumatically damage the brain itself to the point where even that most base primal 'walker' part can no longer function.

But being bitten - as I see it - 'jump starts' this 'turning' process, causing the person to go immediately into the process of the 'base primal walker-part' of the brain taking over, effectively killing the host, leaving only the walker behind. In other words, the person dies and turns, without having to die in some other way first. I would think the fever and such is merely a symptom of this process.

What we have NOT seen yet in the show is what is being talked about regarding Rick's cut hand (and dealt with in World War Z for example, when Brad Pitt gets zombie mucus whatever in his mouth just before they all escaped in the helicopter; that's why he ran out there and stood on the edge of the ledge, so if he felt himself beginning to turn, he could fling himself off and do no harm to his family). We don't know the exact mechanism in a 'walker bite' which causes the transformation to begin immediately. Is it a poison, is it a virus, is it some sort of venom (I don't see how THAT could be), some sort of bacteria?

This is where I have to stop trying to make sense of it, because at this point, the logic starts to break down. The zombies are all of such a wildly varied state, some fresh, some virtually mummified, dried-out dessicated corpses, with no 'fluids' at all to transfer in a bite. So the theory that it is 'saliva based' doesn't hold water to me, because the very idea of having actual saliva would be predicated upon having a functioning biological system in place in order to produce it. And the walkers don't HAVE that.

And honestly, they don't even have BLOOD either, at least not in the sense we understand it. There is no functioning respiratory system, no heart pumping blood through veins, no breathing of air, no oxygenation of blood, no filtering of wastes, no lungs, nothing. So if they have 'blood' in them at all, it would just be rotten leftover fluids. Yuck.

So maybe it's all just pure rot, maybe that's what passes the infection along. Maybe it's a fungus, and it's based upon 'micro-spores' which are only transferred through physical contact, and which can only take hold through direct contact with a human being's blood-stream, a-la a bite or through an open wound.

That to me is the only Idea I can come up with which really fits the world they have created. Plus it could explain how everyone in the world is infected - airborne spores to cause the massive infection, and the blood-based spores to accelerate the process.

If it's something like that, then ol' Rickster could be in some serious trouble..

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

There is no "logical" way to explain a method by which a zombie bite would transmit some horrible infection but there leftover body fluids wouldn't EXCEPT some sort of bacterial or fungal infection in the mouth.

There is nothing that proves that a zombie bite actually CAUSES you turn, just that it gives you a horrible infection/fever that ultimately kills you. It isn't like they turn faster if they die from a bite.

The truth is we have no idea what the "bite" does, but to me what is logical (or at least close) is that once the body's immune system shuts down after death, the spore that turns you mutates into a really nasty virus. That mutated spore is transmitted through the bite of a zombie and just obliterates the body's immune system, killing whoever gets bitten with that horrible fever.

We know plagues do this. Bubonic plague for example. If a flea transmits it to a person it is almost always bubonic. From there it can spread to the lungs and become a secondary PNEUMONIC plague. The person can then spread the pneumonic version via cough/sneeze to infect someone else with primary pneumonic plague.

The zombie plague could work in a similar manner. We are all infected with Zombie Plague but it doesn't activate until death due to immune suppression being successful at controlling the initial stage. Once it actually activates post death it evolves and is no longer JUST the primary zombie plague but also reproduces a secondary type of plague that is transmitted through the bite (can't explain this.) This plague has no cure and kills a living being that gets it which in turn activates the already existing Zombie Plague and starts the cycle over.

OR

The more logical explanation honestly, which I held to originally was that the bite simply kills you because when the human being dies they get saturated with an awful cocktail of bacteria and decay and nastiness that gets you sick with a fever and you die, becoming a zombie. Perhaps in people's confusion they have come to BELIEVE that a bite is always deadly, but we know that can't be true. Herschel had his leg bitten and he survived due to the leg being amputated. So perhaps the zombies are just a walking pile of zombie venom that is created by some combination of the bacteria/microbes that build up on a dead person that have been exasperated by them feeding on other humans and animals, mixing all kinds of blood, bacteria, etc. to create super bacterial infections.

20. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Folks, folks, there's a HUGE difference between a dormant virus and an active one.

The active virus seems to cause fever, death, and reanimation. The dormant virus activates upon death, causing reanimation. So when a walker bites you, they're biting you with the ACTIVE virus that will in turn cause the fever, death, etc.

In either case, amputation could potentially save the life of someone bitten upon a limb - if the active virus doesn't have time to make it to the heart, it can't propagate (either normally or by activating the dormant virus) throughout the rest of the body.

But all this is silly anyways because a virus needs living cells in order to be able to reproduce. Therefore, if the host cells have stopped reproducing (as is the case upon death), the virus will be completely incapable of doing anything at all.

Bacteria, on the other hand is a different story.