1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AMC's The Walking Dead [Season 6]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by fchowd0311, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Not sure if this was brought up but why didn't they just get in the dumpster and close the lid. Then, Glenn could have used his radio to call for help while they waited it out. What probably would have happened is the zombies would have gotten distracted at some point and left...just like happened when they left the pet shop. Or, Rick or someone could have blasted some noise to get them to leave once they came.

I don't see any possibility at all that Glenn could have survived. If he did, then that is just a bunch of bs. They went there...now follow through. This isn't Rick under the tank. You can't just crawl up under the dumpster. The truth is Glenn deserved to die once he started deferring to that idiot to make the calls.

And, how we're we supposed to take the "Thank You" exactly? With sarcasm?

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would have gone up the fence even though there was concertina wire on the top. Sure, you'd have to go fairly slow once you got to the top, and yeah, you'd almost certainly cut yourself a bit, but it's better than the alternative.

Either that, or I'd have gone up the fire escape on the building right next to where they were...

3. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I personally don't think Glenn is dead. I was disappointed to see a new female character, that I wouldn't mind continuing to look, at die.

Comic-related spoiler:
    His death in the comics is such a catalyst for things after that. From Rick to Maggie and her rise to leader of Hilltop, their unborn child, etc. I mean I suppose they can have Negan bash someone else's face in. Such as someone who is not in the comics, and that would still be a huge death there.

4. Surfguy

The one thing about all this that leaves me baffled. The best defense against walkers is to just rub a walker's blood all over you and hang their guts around your neck. Yet...no one even contemplated doing any of this at any time. They could have just walked right out of there. It makes me so mad to no end that they introduce these tactics earlier in the story and then don't use them at the most critical of times. If it were me, then I would go nowhere without all that junk all over me every time I left that compound. I guarantee you I would be coming back, too. Carol would have done it and lived. Everyone else...nope...won't do it! In fact, the irony is didn't Rick and Glenn use this same tactic in one of the earliest episodes to walk through horde Atlanta to acquire the cars to escape. Now, Glenn couldn't think of anything and deferred to idiot. lol

#204 Surfguy, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don't think so either. They would do something much more dramatic.

How does he get out of there...

Glen was holding all those fire sticks to burn down building. It's lame, but that's the only thing I can think of him using to get out of there alive. Flame away.

6. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What if the dumpster had wheels and a rusted out hole in the bottom. You could Flinstones that dumpster throught the horde easily.

7. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

You should read the comic :)

8. Surfguy

Well...if you want to go there...then the two of them could have flipped it over 3/4 of the way and gotten in from the bottom. Then, they could have done a little turtle like walk out of there. lol

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Glenn is alive and this show has jumped its biggest shark to date.

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It's jumped plenty of sharks. But it's ratings are still the highest they've been. So follow the advice the fans give: stop hating and watching if you don't like it!

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

They were trying to get those two walkers inside that closet to stop banging. So once they let those out the commotion in the store grabbed one walkers attention. One way or another the attention would have been garnered if they decided to stay quite and try to ride it out.... that hoard was massive.

Also, I'm not sure riding it out in the dumpster would've worked either. I was thinking the same thing, why don't these guys jump in or take that fire escape? But I feel like regardless the hoard wasn't going anywhere any time soon. The horn had stopped and their only other resort (what I thought would happen) would have been to shoot the flare gun to try and grab the zombie's attention for a bit. Allowing them time to properly choose a path; whether it be up the fence, the fire escape, or right down the middle of those suckers.

Who knows, that could be what they use as a catalyst for brining Glenn back, if he truly is not gone.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am still amazed at how *****ing stealthy there Zombies are . . .. .

When plot calls for it they move without sound and seemingly quickly
    BOOM INSTA ZOMBIE BITING YOUR NECK!!
    I keep thinking . .. REALLY!!! NO ONE SAW THE ZOMBIE SNEAKING UP ON DUDE???
    It didn't make a single solitary sound???
    No One's head is on a swivel considering you surrounded by fricking ZOMBIES???

Rocket River

13. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

There were walkers on the other side though..honestly thought the fire escape was the best option but they passed it up and ran to the dead end.

Back to Glenn, teared up a bit - they gotta kill off the only asian guy on the show. but then after clearing my mind, i don't think he's gone.
    Many reasons:
    off the show: he wasn't on talking dead (where they usually have the killed off character appear for one last good bye)
    on the show: when the walker was ripping the guts out of what looks like glenn's body, the chest area is way too off from glen, so it's probably nicholas's body - which makes total sense because he fell on him.

Just a theory to make myself feel better and have hope that Glen is still alive..for now

14. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

The fact that Nicholas fell on Glen could mean a possibility for GLen's escape. Walkers could be too busy with Nic's body that they overlook/smell Glen. He let him take the calls because he's been there and Glen has no idea where to go anyways.

The thank you was for Glen giving Nic a second chance - because he "used" to be the guy that leave people behind - can also mean that nic falling on top of glen potentially saving him therefore thanking him for giving him a shot to be a hero

15. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Hence why I said "biggest to date".

So?

What kind of petty nonsense is that? You take this stuff personally or something?

16. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Who were the people that tried to take out the Ricker? Wolves?

17. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

It was the Wolves that fought with Morgan before running away and stealing guns.

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

The Wolves that Morgan let get away.

I have a question too: What was Glen doing with the pocket watch and other stuff in his pockets? All I saw was him put them in his pack, but why?

19. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Yeah, the 5 wolves that Morgan let go.

20. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

The pocket watch is what Hershel gave him.
    It was a convenient excuse to start tickling nostalgia g-spots, something that TWD does with regularity before killing someone. (e.g. "Good luck, dumbass")